News Gone: Sam Jacobs traded to GWS for 2020 4th round pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't help but wonder if we'd have been better off with the compensation pick? Not that we have much choice if GWS chose not to take him as a FA. At that point I guess it's either take whatever they give us or nothing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but next years draft is meant to have a lot of players as special selections right? I imagine the logic from Reid of accepting these future 4ths is they may have some extra value next year as people will be needing to make up point values so in some respects they may carry a tiny bit more value to certain clubs? No big deal either way we wanted these guys gone and off our books so whatever will do.

Can't help but wonder if we'd have been better off with the compensation pick? Not that we have much choice if GWS chose not to take him as a FA. At that point I guess it's either take whatever they give us or nothing.

Given his age, contract length and $$$ I doubt we would have got anything.

Hopefully we can use it in a trade to GC to get a good pick for Hugh.

Goodbye and good luck Sauce.

A warrior for a long time, the last 12 months however have sullied your legacy a little bit. Still, you'll be welcome back.

Given his age, contract length and $$$ I doubt we would have got anything.

Hopefully we can use it in a trade to GC to get a good pick for Hugh.

Well it's a 2 year deal which isn't bad, not sure what kind of $$$ he's getting, but it's clearly significantly more than we were offering if he's willing to pack up and move for it. I'm not saying we would have got a 1st or anything, but I thought we might have been a chance of a 3rd.

Oh well, swapped it on for Frampton anyway so doesn't really matter what it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back