Remove this Banner Ad

Just been getting into 2 Guys, 1 Cup. Good listen.

Have a listen to our episode following the end of Round 13! We discuss our 'Golden Oldies' mid year all Australian and some unique stats not commonly discussed!

The Age RealFooty podcast is ok but very Vic centric.

Footyology is great, long format. Finey goes on a few tangents but they are good at talking about actual Footy and not the politics / controversies around the game.

Ha absolutely correct about RealFooty. I timed last week's episode: of nearly 30 minutes talking about footy, they spent 25 minutes on Vic clubs and 4 minutes on non-Vic (one of the journos on the rumours segment made a joke about the two senior Magpies-barracking journos had turned it into the Collingwood podcast). Because it's basically old hacks sounding off so you don't really learn much.

Footyology is good. Connolly knows his stuff and is faiir-minded. Fine is a good broadcaster and usually manages a couple of wacky anecdotes.

Titus O'Reily Variety Hour is funny and he is also one of the sharpest and best-informed observers of footy, especially off-field stuff.

I tuned into the Fox Footy podcast for first time last week. I think done by some young in-house journos - no BTs, Robbos etc, so actually not bad.

Have a listen to our light-hearted chat with Will Schofield!

The champion backman took some time out of his premiership defence to chat to a couple of the Metres Gained clowns. Will reveals how by his own hand he won the '18 granny, choccy milk pranks galore and the influence from the great Darren Glass in his great career. Have a listen!

Giving this one a bump.

I stumbled across “sacked” podcast by Jon Ralph and Glen McPharlin on Spotify. Usually during a drive I lose concentration on listening but I’m really engaged in the podcast and it’s solid content for a hour or so an episode.

So far I’ve listened to Ox, Leppa, Doug Hawkins, Brendan McCarthy but the absolute stand out for me was the brutal honesty from Aker.

I actually feel a bit sorry for him, he seems like he has the personality of a flawed genius and yet internally he’s so frustrated he’s been lost to the game at AFL/VFL when he feels like he has so much to give back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As already mentioned, Footyology (good format and insights) and Junktime AFL (funny) are both worth a listen. I also like 2 Guys 1 Cup with Wil Anderson and Charlie Clausen.
Yes 2 footy Pods to have a laugh to.
A good one that’s just stated if you like them is browny,S podcast have Campbell Brown and John Brown.

Just been getting into 2 Guys, 1 Cup. Good listen.
Have they got good again? I traded them in a while ago, was getting too tangential for a while
If you want a full AFL/AFLW coverage pod, How Good's Footy is bit of fun, very Bris/Ess/Gee centric, but they mean well.
"I see it but I can't believe it" has some good stories.
And the Play on Radio Previews and reviews are heavy in stats (Gemma is the AFLW version of Swamp)

Have they got good again? I traded them in a while ago, was getting too tangential for a while
If you want a full AFL/AFLW coverage pod, How Good's Footy is bit of fun, very Bris/Ess/Gee centric, but they mean well.
"I see it but I can't believe it" has some good stories.
And the Play on Radio Previews and reviews are heavy in stats (Gemma is the AFLW version of Swamp)

I'll throw in my podcast as well if you're looking for AFLW coverage - A3 Footy Podcast.

We've done some in-depth reviews and discussion about games in-season and the talk a lot about the teams post-season. We also like to have a bit of a light-hearted conversation along the way

I was 50/50 on putting this link here because it's not a good AFL podcast, it's a great one.

If you want raw and honest AFL content this is it. Good people having a yarn with plenty of hot takes. Not called Cheap Kicks for no reason ;)

I thought the thread was about good podcasts

it’s fantastic when they stick to footy . First class in fact and engaging on all matters footy . Can not be faulted on that front .

But the woke approach with virtue signaling underscored with mental case attacks on anyone who is not a leftie is just staggering. But somehow they find that having sponsorship from a betting agency socially ok ? Hypocrites .

it’s just really Unhinged and really disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not always footy related but Dyl & Friends and the Howie games are two that I absolutely love

Also, The SportsDay podcast with Healy and McLure is good for a quick 30-minute daily update and fix on what's going on in a family-friendly format.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back