Review Good and Bad v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha ha ha no. It's cringeworthy.
They don't sing it at Magpies games so who aren't they being torn apart from ?

I got there 5 minutes into the game - actually glad I missed it judging by the feral element which seemed very strong

Did you see the feral Port blonde kid from Village of the Damned call Eddie a f***** d******* after that miraculous goal.

Scumbags from birth. Sucked in Port flogs!
My favourite part was the middle-aged bloke so filled with hate and offended he stumbled over about 5 rows just to get to the fence to hurl abuse at Eddie when he kicked the match winner! Hilarious!

Eddies Banana goal nominated for Goal of the Week. Isn't that his 4th or 5th nom this season?

Up against Robbie's goal from the same pocket, something else for the PAP's to get salty about if Eddie gets the nod "Betts only won because he got abused"

Tex's leap also nominated for MOTW.

Eddies Banana goal nominated for Goal of the Week. Isn't that his 4th or 5th nom this season?

Up against Robbie's goal from the same pocket, something else for the PAP's to get salty about if Eddie gets the nod "Betts only won because he got abused"

Yet two of danihers and two of howes marks made the top 10 moments, but Tex's didn't? Go figure.

They don't sing it at Magpies games so who aren't they being torn apart from ?

I got there 5 minutes into the game - actually glad I missed it judging by the feral element which seemed very strong

I loved that in the Western stand when it was being played you could see people holding up their crows scarfs amongst them. Made me laugh! Good on those members.

Could Eddie end up with all the final nominations for Goal of the year? Or at least two of them deserve to be there. The other goal that should be there never even got nominated for Goal of the Week in NicNat's goal last week.

Also interesting that it seems that they have edited the vision so you can't see the abuse so much like you can on the actually broadcast.

Could Eddie end up with all the final nominations for Goal of the year? Or at least two of them deserve to be there. The other goal that should be there never even got nominated for Goal of the Week in NicNat's goal last week.

Also interesting that it seems that they have edited the vision so you can't see the abuse so much like you can on the actually broadcast.

See NikkiNoo ? Tex pushes that straight down to Eddie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See NikkiNoo ? Tex pushes that straight down to Eddie.

I love our forward line. Nuff said. I do like the description the AFL uses on the Top Ten for this week - Great goals, silky skills, a pair took some hangers, and then there's Eddie

and then there's Eddie :D

I think when you take into consideration the respective form of both sides throughout the season I don't believe it was unfair to have hoped for a big win similar to the one we had over them earlier in the year, and had we made the most of our dominance and scoring opportunities in the second quarter it may have been enough to break what remained of their player's spirits resulting in that kind of win. However, if the consolation prize is seeing the Port faithful so upset and disappointed after having their hopes of snatching a very unlikely upset win against their hated rival raised right until the end of the game only to be crushed by yet another display of Eddie magic against them, then I'm not going to complain. :D

I don't believe it was unfair to have hoped for a big win similar to the one we had over them earlier in the year

Nothing wrong with hoping. The reality was that Port came out with some intensity. For a short period it looked like a final.

Getting away from a Showdown with a win under any circumstances is a good thing. I'm not any more worried about next week or the finals that I was on Saturday afternoon when I'd hoped for a 10 goal win.

Ugly: Jimmy Toumpas.

How did this spud go at #4 in the draft? Why did Port get him? My Melbourne mates at work say he has always been this bad and can't hit the side of a barn with a kick. Every time he got the ball I got excited expecting him to turn over the ball

Ugly: Jimmy Toumpas.

How did this spud go at #4 in the draft? Why did Port get him? My Melbourne mates at work say he has always been this bad and can't hit the side of a barn with a kick. Every time he got the ball I got excited expecting him to turn over the ball

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/knightmares-2012-mock-draft.956129/

#4 Melbourne (Compensation Pick) – Jimmy Toumpas (SA – Mid/Def)
Height: 183cm, Weight: 77kg, DOB: 02/01/1994
Recruited from: Woodville West Torrens
Style: Luke Hodge
Player comparison:
Range: 2-5
Profile: Really damaging player with some versatility. Can take over and influence games as well as just about anyone in this draft and throughout the u18 champs for bursts really imposed himself on games which was impressive. Skill level excellent by both hand and foot, has that combination of hurt factor with the penetrating kick he has and clean ball use that will make him a big time weapon. Very capable of unloading for long goals. Consistently good decision maker. High level athlete and has that combination of explosive speed and agility that will make him desirable as well as in game work rate. Endurance excellent. Also has shown very early on that he can lift for the big games which is I strongly believe is something that he will take with him to AFL level. Can play as a midfielder, forward or back which is a big advantage but long term will no doubt develop into a midfielder. Has the ability to play both as an inside and outside midfielder. One important note with Toumpas is that throughout the u18 champs he was playing with hip problems so to play through injury and influence games in the way he did was very impressive.

We kick straight in the second it would have more than likely been a 10 goal blowout. Going to need to clean that up. JJ is shanking a lot of kicks on the run at the moment with his swinging ball drop. Tex should have had at least 4, his kicking for goal has been ordinary all year.

Apparently overnight j impey became a "hard nut". I wonder if it had anything to do with the afc players being unable to retaliate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back