Game Day Good, Bad, and Deplorable vs Geepires (Geelong & the Umpires)

Remove this Banner Ad

We confronted the umpires on quite a few things in the game. Yet another example of the players finally showing some balls.

For instance Sauce got called for a bs ruck infringment and went off his nut saying how about you watch what he's doing to me. I think it was the next two ruck contests he got a free kick paid to him.
Tex had a stern chat to the umpire after the turn-around free kick. Really gave it to him

Bad: B Crouch having a broken cheek or something like that. Finally getting some continuity of games and we were seeing the returns. Be bad news to have that interrupted.
Going to miss his clearance work (most I think) & link up play with other mids & just getting up to decent form. Hopefully only a short absence.

Of course, the player will believe they can beat Geelong, but will they have the hunger and desperation to execute the winning formula?
Hey William Munny, do you know what flogging a dead horse means? o_O
How many times are you going to ask the same question before you realise this board doesn't have an answer for you? Bay62 gave it a good shot.
Here's the answer: who knows? Seriously, who knows what will happen?
We'll find out next time we play, but I'd rather have our mob than yours.

We're on a mission from God.
tn_BLUES_BROTHERS-Sister_Stigmata.jpg

Cats board saying the same. Also complaining about Ling's "anti-Geelong" bias whilst commentating. It's actually an entertaining read... mostly measured (unlike the melts in here after a loss), but also maybe a little delusional? Not sure which is worse TBH.
Does anyone actually enjoy listening to Ling's comments?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfields flop was among the more pathetic things you'll see on a field. Media should scrutinise that as much as they did his heroics last week.

frees.PNG

Average free kicks for whilst playing for Geelong: 2.15

Average free kicks for whilst playing for Adelaide: 1.45

Hmmm...

You know what the best thing about the club right now? It's not the aggression, it's not the passion and it's not the belief. It's the fact that we now have plenty of left footers in our squad that makes us more damaging and unpredictable. Think of the Hawks premiership years, they've had Birchall, Hodge, Roughead, Franklin, Suckling and even Mitchell (still think he could be a lefty) terrorizing teams with their skill levels.

Last night we had Keath, Kelly, M.Crouch, Greenwood and Atkins and then guys like McGovern and Walker who are just as a good on their left as their right peg.

Unpredictable when moving the ball forward and getting it into those guys hands to damage the opposition with their skill levels is what will win us a flag.
come on now... aggression, passion and belief are 100x more valuable than left footers.

left footers aren't even as valuable as players with both feet.

Hey William Munny, do you know what flogging a dead horse means? o_O
How many times are you going to ask the same question before you realise this board doesn't have an answer for you? Bay62 gave it a good shot.
Here's the answer: who knows? Seriously, who knows what will happen?
We'll find out next time we play, but I'd rather have our mob than yours.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Oh, wait. That was Dirty Harry who said that, right? Carry on...

Luckily my username relates to the Metallica song, rather than the Clint Eastwood film of the same name (sans 'The').

P.S. My horse is very much alive, but thanks for your concern.

clint.jpg

Id expect Brad to come back in next week after missing last night.

Credit to him for playing out the game with a fractured cheekbone, but he still burned the ball far too much, and was considerably less influential than his brother.

I also saw him go for a chase down tackle for the first time in 3 seasons, maybe the lesson about attitude and work rate is finally gaining ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back