ROB 2
Laird 1

Coach B
Tex 5
M Crouch 4
Keath 3
Laird 2
McKenzie 1

I personally find Kelly kicking to Hartigan or vice versa a terrifying experience. Guaranteed to happen 20 times a game 🙈

With Kelly, I feel like he doesn't want to use the ball. It feels like when he gets it, he's like "oh * I've got the ball" and looks for an easy option, often a chip kick. He just doesn't radiate confidence. I can't work out if he doesn't have the skill so lacks confidence, or if he doesn't have the confidence so lacks skill. Hopefully the latter, because the former has no room for improvement.

Betts?
2014-2017 inclusive Betts averaged 58.8 goals/year, and only 55 in 2017 :drunk:.

THe statement was made JJ cant play with Walker, but 2017 dispels that statement and how good our forward line was, the only time JJ and Walker cant play together is when both of their form is s**t. This rubbish about them playing in the same forward line is just that rubbish, when walker has a bad game will it mean he cant operate with EH, NO, our game at the moment depends on walker, we desperately need to fast track Fog as Walkers days are clearly numbered

With Kelly, I feel like he doesn't want to use the ball. It feels like when he gets it, he's like "oh **** I've got the ball" and looks for an easy option, often a chip kick. He just doesn't radiate confidence. I can't work out if he doesn't have the skill so lacks confidence, or if he doesn't have the confidence so lacks skill. Hopefully the latter, because the former has no room for improvement.

In the training session I watched at Manuka last year, Kelly was one of the better kicks out there. Laird, however.......;)

THe statement was made JJ cant play with Walker, but 2017 dispels that statement and how good our forward line was, the only time JJ and Walker cant play together is when both of their form is ****. This rubbish about them playing in the same forward line is just that rubbish, when walker has a bad game will it mean he cant operate with EH, NO, our game at the moment depends on walker, we desperately need to fast track Fog as Walkers days are clearly numbered
I know you’ve been following this issue, the problem with having both is we need a pack marking option which neither have it as a strength. JJ constantly wants it over the back which is not working now for what ever reason. Without a pack marking forward clunking a few and bringing the rest to ground we end up with Eddie trying for MOTY every entry.
We’ve moved on from JJ.
Tex looks to be over his injuries he’s a better footballer than JJ so he stays. Until he’s injured again.

no wonder he's playing better.

I like this a lot!

Carey always seems to defend Tex too. Makes sense.
I think Carey's a fan of Fog, too. So hopefully he'll have some positive influence there.

Edit:
Tex said this morning it isn't true-

Oh. :(

Still, it's clear his pack marking has improved. On Sat he was setting himself in a way not seen for a while.

Last edited:
Not sure what Tex is on about, or why he would try to hide it. It's quite well known he's worked with both Carey and Tredrea in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what Tex is on about, or why he would try to hide it. It's quite well known he's worked with both Carey and Tredrea in the past.
How's he hiding anything if he said that it's incorrect......Watson is talking out of his backside and should be put straight..

Fair call, careful Tex or Purple Barrett might come after you.

I think Carey's a fan of Fog, too. So hopefully he'll have some positive influence there.

Edit:

Oh. :(

Still, it's clear his pack marking has improved. On Sat he was setting himself in a way not seen for a while.
Nagging foot injuries he has had the last year or so feels better?

Can now jump better due to it?

So can now practice more at training.and get some timing jumping at the ball.

Just a guess after watching him move a lot more freely the past month or so.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nagging foot injuries he has had the last year or so feels better?

Can now jump better due to it?

So can now practice more at training.and get some timing jumping at the ball.

Just a guess after watching him move a lot more freely the past month or so.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quite possibly. Also playing deeper with better delivery might be helping.

On Sat i felt he was staying back more than leading up, and setting himself for a leap from the back/middle of the pack. And going for the mark with more intent, not just to make a contest.

Very good signs.

And I can tell you his Dad was pretty chuffed too. :)

There's way too much excitement here over a win against a pedestrian team who insisted, quite firmly, that they would win the cheap turnover battle after some spirited resistance from us in the first three quarters.
Crouch brothers do alright did they?

AFLCA Player Of The Year

Leaderboard - 2019 After 6 Rounds.

Votes-Player-Club
-Patrick Cripps-CARL
35-Marcus Bontempelli-WB
34-Lachlan Neale-BL
29-Patrick Dangerfield-GEEL
28-Stephen Coniglio-GWS
27-Travis Boak-PORT
26-Tim Kelly-GEEL
23-Nat Fyfe-FRE