Review Good, bad and Talia v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Talia also has form

For a lot more great games than cherry picking 1 or 2 games
In recent times, he also has very poor body language, I recall Sloane had to calm him down after giving away a stupid hold directly infront of goal (1 of his 3 that night) against North and then yesterday he had a go at Hartigan (who was busy manning Darling) because Kennedy took the uncontested mark (and this was the 2nd consecutive goal involving him after the 1st one was the shocking switch attempt).

There is no patience at all with kids, is there? We're not a contender, so dropping one off one poor game is the height of idiocy.

You hold on to Jones until he physically blows up. Much like how we held onto Himmelberg until he did that.

I don't think he has had a good game at AFL level yet, has he?

It's good he is getting games but he isn't contributing as of yet and would be easily interchangeable with Mchenry who may or may offer more at this stage.

Now kane are you still banging on how well we are travelling in third position

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Diversion again.
Recently you made a big announcement of OUR SANFL games you watch.
Yet repeatedly show little knowledge of our talent and performances.
Stating FOG missed out because we chose Himmelberg instead is a classic

Diversion again.
Recently you made a big announcement of OUR SANFL games you watch.
Yet repeatedly show little knowledge of our talent and performances.
Stating FOG missed out because we chose Himmelberg instead is a classic
They were never going to bring in eh and fog and drop jj and tex unless you are tanking

But like bringing in gooch mchenry pohlkoke jones murphy all at the same time

I reckon pyke would get suspended for 12 months for tanking

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's good he is getting games but he isn't contributing as of yet and would be easily interchangeable with Mchenry who may or may offer more at this stage.

Instead of swapping youngster for youngster and given we are in rebuild mode, we should be swapping average senior player (Atkins, Knight) for youngster.

Instead of swapping youngster for youngster and given we are in rebuild mode, we should be swapping average senior player (Atkins, Knight) for youngster.

That is an idea, but we also don't want to burn Jones out like Carlton do to all their youngsters. If he isn't getting much time in the middle at AFL level and isn't contributing up forward, maybe a few games at SANFL level would be better for his development.

You also forgot Talia holding Darling's arm directly in front of goal (that was the 3rd straight goal involving him after first one from that shocking switch attempt). Talia has form, he did the same against North giving away 3 goals from frees directly in front of goal and how much did we lose the game by......
Agree I said after the north Melbourne loss Talia cost us big time and now that crap last night. On those performances he shouldn't be in the side, where's Andy otten? At least Andy has got a brain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both of Talia's pathetic brain dead games this year against north Melbourne and west coast were the games in which Bryce Gibbs was dropped, If I didn't know better I'd think he's protesting Gibbs dropping.

1) I thought CEY and Greenwood were very good.
Knight lacks class
Kelly lacks class
Hartigan lacks class
Murphy lacks class
1) CEY is just starting to show what I'd hoped to see since the start of 2018 after his recovery. Greenwood is just a beast. The way he gets out of tight situations is jaw-droppingly good. Clean, Porplyzia-like hands/grip.
2) First three lack class and brains. All three need kicking lessons. For that matter, all our forwards could go to school on Kennedy's goal-kicking technique (well, minus the stutter-steps :)).
What Murphy lacks in class he makes up in passion and mongrel. He's only 20 with 10 games under his belt and will improve dramatically.

That’s isn’t him squibbing the contest. It’s the environment the AFL have built with their uncertainty about what is reportable and what isn’t reportable.

The players have a high level of uncertainty now.
No, I agree with you. He pulled out because he knew the end result would be a player hurt and a player suspended. He wasn’t worried about getting hurt.

There is no patience at all with kids, is there? We're not a contender, so dropping one off one poor game is the height of idiocy.

You hold on to Jones until he physically blows up. Much like how we held onto Himmelberg until he did that.
They want the kids played, but when they aren’t tearing it up, it’s like “drop em”! Doesn’t work like that.

Threatened but not yet. We're not at a stage it matters that he does contribute. We're not contending, so trying to maximize performance is a bit of a waste. The focus must be on 2020-2021.

Jones is there so we can get him up to speed as quickly as possible. Pump 20 games into him, and reap the rewards down the track as he is not far from being a full time mid. We'll have to do the same with McHenry too but that's someone else who will have to lose a spot for it.

Threatened but not yet. We're not at a stage it matters that he does contribute. We're not contending, so trying to maximize performance is a bit of a waste. The focus must be on 2020-2021.

Jones is there so we can get him up to speed as quickly as possible. Pump 20 games into him, and reap the rewards down the track as he is not far from being a full time mid. We'll have to do the same with McHenry too but that's someone else who will have to lose a spot for it.

Do you think Jones will be an elite midfielder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back