Review Good, bad and Talia v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

There were far worse than Knight out there. He seems to be the new whipping boy...
Unfortunately I'm just not a fan of Knight, I haven't been for the past 12 months.... Probably clouds my judgement of him a bit but that's just my thoughts, right or wrong

We really lack star power in the midfield. Greenwood/CEY had decent games but realistically they would be side parts in a premiership contending midfield. You don't want to rely on workhorse type players getting us over the line when the other team has Shuey this week and Neale last week cutting us to pieces when the game is in the balance.

It's very fortunate we'll probably have pick 1 this year. Hopefully Rowell is the god he's being built up to be.

If it's any consolation this is how we felt playing you blokes at home last year.

Peace Adelaide bros (and lady bros), got a lot of time for you.

I have a lot of admiration and respect for the Eagles. You are a superior version of what the Crows should be.

I was happy for you guys winning the flag last year. You win a Home Prelim and youre there again.

Kudos.

Carbon copy of their game last week....they took their chances, Melbourne and us butchered our opportunities. Knew we would be in trouble without Lynch in the side. Latter part of the first qtr I turned off, as I could see the writing on the wall. They've loaded up with good marking talls up front, and fast ground level runners - and we persist with the same type of players week in week out. One of Betts or Murphy needs to be dropped, and Tex, they're no longer up to it. Hard calls need to be made. No-one loses at home from 28 pts up at half time.

Good:
The first 10 mins of the game and the whole second quarter. We looked genuinely good for a while there.

Bad:
The rest of the game.

Ugly:
Talia. Single-handedly cost us 3 goals in 2 minutes and provided West Coast with the momentum they needed to go on and win. Ended up costing us 4 goals by the end of the match. Diabolical.

Walker. Regularly a contender for worst on ground these days. So far I've held off on criticizing him because of what he's done for the club in the past but he's a total liability. We're in the embarrassing position of not being able to drop our worst player because he also happens to be our captain. He runs around slowly and awkwardly, yelling and bumping into people in faux tough-guy mode, unable to even lift both arms above his head for a mark. Not even close to AFL standard.

Umpiring. Generally terrible. Almost always favouring West Coast.

Ricciuto: His commentary is a long monologue justifying all umpiring decisions against the Crows. Should not commentate on Adelaide games.

2019. The way the side has turned around since the North Melbourne loss has been impressive, but we're simply not good enough this year. If we can't be West Coast in Adelaide there's no way we'll beat Collingwood or Geelong in Victoria. Sadly we aren't contenders.

If it's any consolation this is how we felt playing you blokes at home last year.

Peace Adelaide bros (and lady bros), got a lot of time for you.

West Coast are the club I wish we were more like. Instead we get morons like Chapman and Smart who are happy as long as we are above Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not blaming umpires for a 17-62 point turnaround in less than a half of footy, that's on the players.

Just curious if you would blame the umpires for the 8 to 1 frees in the third and the 30 point turnaround there, or yer, nah, that's on the players too? I know if I was in a team I'd that just eroded a 5 goal deficit I'd be wonderfully confident, and we know how important that is, conversely, if I was in a team that couldn't buy a free kick even when they were super obviously there, I'd feel anything but confident.

I thought the midfield were seriously good aside from a few periods in which they lapsed.

Second half we didn't mix it up enough with Gooch, Jones or Milera until it was too late. Could have used them for forward entry and spread.

Big issues in no particular order were Talia's game killers, Our nonexistent KPF's and the umps throughout the 3rd.

Lynch out hurt a lot with very little rain making it a game for marking forwards in the end.

Ultimately we really should have won that, confident we can turn it around as the breakdown overall occurred with 1KPD and a couple of key forwards. The umpirwe were the worst I've seen for turning a game in a long time.

For me the difference was marking the ball.

At least.six times WCE had a passage of play built on a series of marks. It was a definite way they wanted to move the ball.frommanlong kick past f50 then bang bang two marks on the Eastern wing. Then often a.mark by Kennedy or Darling in the F50.

And the we see us have to scramble to get forward. And we.do go forward neither Tex or Hberg could take mark.

Seedsman drops a sitter late when the game was live and we free players everywhere.

Talia was bad but Tex was.worse. Everything he did was.in slow motion and telegraphed. Could handle that if he could mark the ball (Josh Kennedy is similar, it he can mark the ball) but the dropped marks in our F50 kill us.

Fog has to come in for him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back