• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

This was brought up a few years back.

I'm fine with Victoria getting a one off Showdown on the condition that the MCG Grand Final exclusivity deal is torn up and a binding constitution is put in place giving the GF to the home team forever

Would just love it to rotate.

Year 1 MCG
Year 2: Perth
Year 3: MCG
Year 4: Adelaide Oval
Year 5: MCG
Year 6: Sydney Stadium
Year 7: MCG
Year 8: QLD Stadium.

Allows for proper planning / events / corporate events / travel.

He was impressive. Everyone said he's the Smithers replacement but he's a different type of player and can actually defend.

Theres so much Ben Hart in him its not funny.
Gangly/awkward looking but smooth as butter and seemingly all the time in the world.

You just know it would be our home showdown that would be played interstate.

We always get the short straw when it comes to fixturing.
Oh, guarenfknteed it would be..

Theres no way in hell port would give up theirs.. its probably one of the only games a year port can be assured of a near full AO where they can make some good coin..

Unless of course they could somehow swindle the state government to pay for it all for them as they did for their games in China.. which I think they actually made the Suns use as one of their home games for mind you.. and then they tried to make the suns wear a different coloured guernsey too because the suns colours were too relatable to the chinese..

The entitlement of that pathetic mob knows no bounds..

Where are all those nuffies from the trade thread saying we shouldn't give pick 5 for rankine
I wish people would get this right

It wasnt that we shouldnt give pick 5

Its that we DIDNT have to - there is a difference

I love Rankine, loved him in his draft year and loved him at Alberton Oval in the Champs. Would have been happy at the time to give pick 2

But when it came time to get him back - I thought we could have done it differently without giving up pick 5

On AFL Daily yesterday it seems like Damo is actually lining up for a ticket to the Crows bandwagon. He's not on it yet, but he's thinking about it.

Feels like the cycle is starting to turn. They've had their fun kicking the s**t out of us for five years, time to start boosting us back up so they can have another go at giving us a good kicking.

I love Rankine, loved him in his draft year and loved him at Alberton Oval in the Champs. Would have been happy at the time to give pick 2

But when it came time to get him back - I thought we could have done it differently without giving up pick 5
I laugh at those that think we didn't have to give up pick 5 for Rankine. Absolute poppycock.

I laugh at those that think we didn't have to give up pick 5 for Rankine. Absolute poppycock.
People on these boards want to make other clubs pay through the nose when they take our players then think other clubs will need to do us deals and can't dig in themselves when we go for theirs.

People on here said Dawson wasn't worth the pick we were giving up (clearly never saw him play prior) then the same about Rankine (who the signs were there last year in patches where he was trending.)

In an ideal world we dont give up pick 5 but no way the Gold Coast were going to accept less when they picked him at #3, invested years of development and through the middle part of last year was ranked the #1 forward in the comp for a few rounds. Absolutely dreaming if they think GC were ever going to just bend over for us to take a guy on the cusp of elevating his game seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People on these boards want to make other clubs pay through the nose when they take our players then think other clubs will need to do us deals and can't dig in themselves when we go for theirs.

People on here said Dawson wasn't worth the pick we were giving up (clearly never saw him play prior) then the same about Rankine (who the signs were there last year in patches where he was trending.)

In an ideal world we dont give up pick 5 but no way the Gold Coast were going to accept less when they picked him at #3, invested years of development and through the middle part of last year was ranked the #1 forward in the comp for a few rounds. Absolutely dreaming if they think GC were ever going to just bend over for us to take a guy on the cusp of elevating his game seriously.
Everything you said is correct - except it's exactly what GC and GWS do when a player moves back to Victoria. It's not too much to ask to be treated equally is it?

Oh wait...

Sure we didn't but at minimum we had to give pick 10 as he wasn't Hatley who hasn't shown anything at the AFL level, Rankine kicked a lot of goals in the 2nd half of last year and also was leading the assists. Had he shown that for the entire year there was a good chance he would have been AA over Stengle and easily worth pick 5 and now we know he is......

It probably didn't help that, in the same trade period, GC gave away a high pick player and pick 7 for absolutely * all.

I think he’s been on a decline for 12 months, he’s such a meh leader I think
They've got issues with some of their players

Boak is cooked. That effort in the last quarter was embarrassing (don't care if he had sore ribs - he made himself available).
Fantasia - his body just cant stand up to the rigors of AFL. Don't reckon he's that good anyway.
Dixon - he's banged up. Seems like just one injury away from missing half the season.
Duursma - always thought he was a bit flaky & has tickets on himself. Hasn't seen the ball since he dropped that chest mark against Richmond in that Prelim a couple of years ago. Port mate of mine reckons they should trade him at the end of the season.
Rioli - he's fat, or that jumper was 6 sizes too small. Never rated him highly but they'll have to play him in every game as it would be embarrassing if they drop him.
Jonas - has been terrible for 2 years now.
Byrne Jones - was an AA 2 years ago. How?

Oh, guarenfknteed it would be..

Theres no way in hell port would give up theirs.. its probably one of the only games a year port can be assured of a near full AO where they can make some good coin..

Unless of course they could somehow swindle the state government to pay for it all for them as they did for their games in China.. which I think they actually made the Suns use as one of their home games for mind you.. and then they tried to make the suns wear a different coloured guernsey too because the suns colours were too relatable to the chinese..

The entitlement of that pathetic mob knows no bounds..
Hang on BC - I thought we were the arrogant and entitled club??

They've got issues with some of their players

Boak is cooked. That effort in the last quarter was embarrassing (don't care if he had sore ribs - he made himself available).
Fantasia - his body just cant stand up to the rigors of AFL. Don't reckon he's that good anyway.
Dixon - he's banged up. Seems like just one injury away from missing half the season.
Duursma - always thought he was a bit flaky & has tickets on himself. Hasn't seen the ball since he dropped that chest mark against Richmond in that Prelim a couple of years ago. Port mate of mine reckons they should trade him at the end of the season.
Rioli - he's fat, or that jumper was 6 sizes too small. Never rated him highly but they'll have to play him in every game as it would be embarrassing if they drop him.
Jonas - has been terrible for 2 years now.
Byrne Jones - was an AA 2 years ago. How?
Yeh pretty much how I see it as well

Comment from an anonymous Port supporter...very true I would have thought

When Darren Jarman saw Shanahan waiting for him at the start of the final term in the 97 GF he apparently exclaimed to a teammate "Look who I got, Happy Birthday!" I feel Rankine seeing Jonas must've felt similar.

seeing as it was mentioned might as well show it again

2teams1cup.gif

This was brought up a few years back.

I'm fine with Victoria getting a one off Showdown on the condition that the MCG Grand Final exclusivity deal is torn up and a binding constitution is put in place giving the GF to the home team forever
I've siad it before, I'll say it again.

I hate home team hosting.

Too big an advantage.

I'd love neutral, but ensuring it and getting the logistics right on 1-2 weeks notice could be a nightmare.

Either go the bid option with a clause saying it can't be in the same place more than once every 3 years.

Or, my suggestion from years back. Defending premiers host.

But I'd hate home team hosting. Would rather scrap finals and treat it like a proper league, ala. Most soccer leagues.

At least with the current deal it has the potential to be neutral and fair. But going to highest ranked team is like the MCG contract, but every year.

Back