• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo (sub)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly

I’m sure Laird would adapt to a new game plan. He ain’t the problem
Why can't all the older guys adapt to a faster gamestyle...they had no problem with a faster gamestyle in 2017.

One things for sure that chip chip s**t didn't work for Pyke when he changed our game style and it's not going to work for Nicks either.

Why can't all the older guys adapt to a faster gamestyle...they had no problem with a faster gamestyle in 2017.

One things for sure that chip chip s**t didn't work for Pyke when he changed our game style and it's not going to work for Nicks either.
Yep , need to trust that forwards will bring contest an bring it to ground
Won’t give chance to win otherwise

It really comes down to this.

How the * are our young midfielders supposed to build experience to be our future, when we keep playing Sloane, Keays, and Crouch in the midfield? It literally shoots us in the foot. We need midfield minutes into our young midfielders, otherwise we'll continue to have sustained failure when they finally get a crack in 5 years - but have to take time to build experience!

Oh I also just realise how dumb this post is

You don’t divide the metres gained tally by amount of kicks to judge quality of a game
for start

what about 5 kicks that switched angles ?

5m per Kick … maybe every kick he hit a target on was play on ?? Only went 5M Haha

Wow keays … it’s amazing he’s up there in all key stats in league

By the way , I’d love to be Fog as I could literally do nothing or years it it’s all the midfield fault

6 years by time of being delisted x average of 300k $1.8M

Look I’d hate to lead to guys like Dawson and Sholl who are as good as most kicks in comp but I’d maybe try for 1.8M

Christ , even the worst key fwd in comp Himmelberg was able to get laced out 4x I50 ( marked 2 and dropped 2 sitters)
There’s a glitch with my iPad, it needs screen replaced and looks like it pasted some other text in. I never suggested he averaged 5m per kick. As I said, 355m from 21 kicks, it’s not 5m per kick. If you read it you can see the first part of the sentence is clear until after the “5 more than” then remove the next couple of words. It is meant was 5 more than crouch abs 5 less than Sloane. Even with those 3 or 4 words pasted in I don’t see how you can arrive at the conclusion that I calculated it to 5m per kick. Nothing in there suggests that. Your grasping at straws old chum.

Now, switching angles? We did that all arvo, it’s just crap sideways movement. You asked for a stat hoping it was a larger number but his metres gained per kick was 5 less than Sloane, 5 more than crouch and about 20 less than the bont. You’re now trying to retrofit a qualitative bent to a query on a raw stat that you asked for. The whole side was sidewaysies, it’s how we played, he’s no different. But Keays doing it was somehow strategic wizardry? That neither Sloane or Crouch were? Geez, you’ll really stop at nothing to overate him, are you related?

The issue with Keays and averaging about 15m per kick is that he’s the only 1 of the main 3 that has the capacity to run and carry and be a 35-40m player. Schoey can, but he’s hit a rough patch. And Keays got a lot of uncontested ball, unfortunately he went sideways a lot, like the rest of the side. Pendles who’s nearing the end not a run and carry player averaged 25m. Daicos 45m.

And I’m not sure why you keep bringing up Fog with me, you’ve been told numerous times. I don’t rate his output to date. All I’ve said is that I won’t judge the forwards too harshly until we fix up ball movement and delivery.

Righto

Who are our gun fast movement mids in this new paradigm that Laird can’t adapt to ?

So we’ve got Crouch needing better players around him, Keays a league level a grader and now you’re backing Laird in as untouchable in terms of midfield role. So your total solution is to swap Sloane out and share his minutes between Schoey and a few other developing types, but the other 3 continue on as is. And you’re playing Sloane off half back having listed 4-5 players with elite vision and kicking skills as having done it as the reason why it’ll work with him. It appears I’ve given your footy knowledge a little too much credit. You’re nearly at BACCS level of denial as to how bad our midfield as a group is.

With the skill level of most of our guys we’d be better off playing fast. Holding the ball up allowing defensive groups to get back results in even more precision being required. The patch of footy that turned the game against Freo was all about taking the game on and giving the forwards some quick ball movement to work with.

So we’ve got Crouch needing better players around him, Keays a league level a grader and now you’re backing Laird in as untouchable in terms of midfield role. So your total solution is to swap Sloane out and share his minutes between Schoey and a few other developing types, but the other 3 continue on as is. And you’re playing Sloane off half back having listed 4-5 players with elite vision and kicking skills as having done it as the reason why it’ll work with him. It appears I’ve given your footy knowledge a little too much credit. You’re nearly at BACCS level of denial as to how bad our midfield as a group is.
How can I be in denial when I’ve basically just said how bad our midfield in the post you’re replying to by saying who are these midfielders

We clearly haven’t been good at recruiting midfielders

Nicks is just not being serious

Apart from the obvious, the other problem here is the 3 young blokes that actually got a small shot, aren’t pure midfielders, Dawson I feel his best position won’t be as a midfielder, same with Rachele (way more valuable up forward) and same with Sholl.
Where the * are the players we recruited as midfielders?

Apart from the obvious, the other problem here is the 3 young blokes that actually got a small shot, aren’t pure midfielders, Dawson I feel his best position won’t be as a midfielder, same with Rachele (way more valuable up forward) and same with Sholl.
Where the fu** are the players we recruited as midfielders?
Maybe we're worried they'll do well?

Where the fu** are the players we recruited as midfielders?
I don’t know about Rachele he looked real good in there and he will be a goal kicking mid with his leg.

But the logic of not giving Pedlar one centre bounce but a lightly built Sholl is insane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laird and Keays are clearly not the problem , they’re the current mainstays if I’m picking midfield

M Crouch lack of versatility hurts , he can’t continue to play like he did on Sat and be part of long term plans , so he’s a watch

We’ve been thru this but Others to roll thru are Schoey ( I’d start him with Laird and Keays ) , Dawson, Hately for block of games , Rachele . Wings Sholl / Cook / Milera have odd spurt

Needing more fitness before being considered - Pedlar ( needs a block of sanfl games in mid not forward ) , and Berry needs to show he can win the ball at sanfl level before being considered

It’s really not too dissimilar to your midfield plan you just like to argue with me

It’s the worst bunch for talent and depth in comp re our midfield , no doubt

Doesn’t mean Fog can sit up forward play from behind and give away 4 free kicks in marking contests , that’s not good enough

Re sloane playing half back . Not using him as a kicking quarter back defender he’s more to play a shut down role and some intercepts , he would do it better than McPherson doesn’t look up to it and it gets him out of mid . Prefer forward than mid otherwise but just make us slower up there

Where did I say the midfield isn’t terrible

WORST means WORST

‘Mr Mitch McGovern is worth a top 5 pick or 3 picks inside 26 ‘

‘and is worth twice as much in a trade as Jake Lever’

Now that Mitch is a failed forward playing same position as Jake we can laugh at that quote alot this year

I don’t listen to you do football - enjoy your jibes but that’s it

I don’t know about Rachele he looked real good in there and he will be a goal kicking mid with his leg.

But the logic of not giving Pedlar one centre bounce but a lightly built Sholl is insane.
Rachele I could cop, but he played as a forward mainly in the lower leagues I believe and we hope he’s going to be a good midfielder?
How about we recruit someone that has actually showed they can play midfield?

Rachele I could cop, but he played as a forward mainly in the lower leagues I believe and we hope he’s going to be a good midfielder?
How about we recruit someone that has actually showed they can play midfield?
No he didn't, he played midfield at the U16's Championships and at that level before COVID reared it's ugly head playing very little footy from that point either at school or NAB League and only then did he play mainly forward. He was the Kevin Sheahan Medalist at the 2019 U16's Championships for the most outstanding player of the series and Vic Country MVP. He was named as a starting midfielder along with Ben Hobbs in that years U16's All Australian Team.....interestingly JHF was named at half forward. Josh is a genuine mid/forward if we choose to go down that path.

Back