• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Lachlan Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Crouch is the classic centreman how come no other club wanted him when we tried to offload him. He's purely back up and I can't see the club offering him another contract past this year. Laird, Dawse, Soligo, Pedlar, Rachele, Berry is our best midfield mix. If Nicks keeps playing Sloane, Keays and Crouch in there they will get him sacked by seasons end. The young bloke in the SANFL looks to have a lot of potential as well in Billy Dowling.
Fair comments. It would be nice if we used him in his natural position more often than not though, which comes back to our game day coaching. If they offer Nicks another contract you'd have to be staggered.

Fogarty's knee seems to be impacting his game significantly in terms of explosiveness. Can't get that initial verse, can't leap.

If he's not fit don't play him. We run the risk of damaging that confidence we'd finally built.
Just rest him FFS. He is clearly not right and is too valuable a long term asset to risk in a year where we aren't going to be a contender.

Starting to look abit like the Craig and the Porplyzia shoulder debacle.

My God! After watching the replay we were right in that until the last 2 minutes. I counted at least 6 inside 50's that we overcooked or just plain messed up in the 10 minutes before that. Even Dawson had a few howlers. Really just composure is all it took...much like Collingwood against us.
seemed like players were second-guessing themselves, very proppy and robotic approaches through the 50 - which makes a lot of sense considering the focus the group would have had around shot positions after the cats.

Geelong looking back to their 2022 self despite some injuries. We never really looked like winning after qtr time. They won the game on the back of their tall defenders (as usual against us). Otherwise we were pretty good I thought. Our defence held up well. Still lacked some polish going forward but goal kicking better.

Can’t expect the same result when the strategy ahead of them has changed. Nicks is tightening up and it’s the forwards who wear the change.
Was always going to happen re ball movement against pies and cats

Actually the forwards got plenty of chances against pies but bombed them , they had plenty of chances to kick goals in that game

They need to work for each other more , be less selfish and compete harder … then nail their chances when they come

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the 2nd hf again.
Each time Crouch was in the centreman slot we cleared the ball mostly well. Only failed twice out of ten clear sets.
All the problems occur when he is playing the ruck rover or rover roles, agility isn't his go and never has been.
Conversely when Sloane was in the centreman slot the clearance advantage disappeared.
When Sloane was ruck rover (Attacking Mid) and Crouch centreman (Defensive Mid) we had the run of it.
They were all over Laird like a rash all day.

I'll stand by my call, Crouch is a centreman & Sloane is a rover.
This is like 1960’s chat …. You need to be able to do a bit of everything these days or you’ll get exposed pretty quick

Bloody hell Lachie Murphy! He was seriously impressive yesterday.

What a turn around and good to see the coaches realise he's not a small forward.

Best game of his career by a mile. That's afl standard and to a pretty decent level.
He has played well in most gamed he has played.

I didn't have him best 22, but he deserves his spot.

Haha the AFL and its tribunal are cooked.

Well since Pedlar suspension they have been consistent.

It's just the McAdam 3 weeks which was a joke on potential. It's ruined his season!

He has played well in most gamed he has played.

I didn't have him best 22, but he deserves his spot.
Yep wouldn't have been my best 22 before season started, but I was always fine with him being called up for injuries etc. Far exceeded my hopes, though admittedly I've always rated him more than some on these boards. Just seems a much better player in his current role where we dont need him to be hitting the score board necessarily, that's more of a bonus at this point.

Didn’t pedlar cop a tackle where his head hit the ground first in this game?
Early in 2nd quarter, tackled without I thought, head hit ground, no free kick & they went down and kicked a goal. I'd need to see the replay though before saying if anything was off, just felt like it in heat of the moment & with emotions attached.

Back