• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Lachlan Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our midfield set ups have been diabolical all year. What made me laugh the most against Geelong was that, when Paddy was in there, he seemed to be the only bloke who knew exactly where ROBs taps were going. ROB is that predictable. Yet VB seems to be incapable of setting us up for the two hit zones that ROB always hits. Drives me nuts.
Club really needs to look at replacing VB for next season if we are serious about improving.

Our midfield set ups have been diabolical all year. What made me laugh the most against Geelong was that, when Paddy was in there, he seemed to be the only bloke who knew exactly where ROBs taps were going. ROB is that predictable. Yet VB seems to be incapable of setting us up for the two hit zones that ROB always hits. Drives me nuts.
I'm glad its not just me. It drives me nuts too. How long have they been working on it again?
The only logical explanation I can come up with is they employ the man them up strategy - which is the classic break glass only in emergency routine.
But that tactic as someone else eluded to requires getting the front position with out fail if the ruckmen are somewhat equally matched.

Why is it that there is such a disconnect between ROB & our midfield when they have been playing together for so long?

The midfield group are able to talk to each other during games & change where ROB is tapping the ball when the other team is reading his taps better.

Also, he could just thump the ball forward if not working.

It's so frustrating & has been a key issue in the past 2 games.

ROB is no Rehn when it comes to footy smarts & leading the midfield group. Needs more Dawson giving him direction during the games.

Why is it that there is such a disconnect between ROB & our midfield when they have been playing together for so long?

The midfield group are able to talk to each other during games & change where ROB is tapping the ball when the other team is reading his taps better.

ROB is no Rehn when it comes to footy smarts & leading the midfield group. Needs more Dawson giving him direction during the games.

They're not well coached.

They're not well coached.
I think some players have an instinctive knack of reading the ball off hands

I don't think we really value this either and haven't historically. We value contest winners and treat centre bounces as random, 50/50 events so need our bulls in there

Its old school but when RoB smashed that 1st bounce against Carlton then followed it up himself and created the shot on goal - that set the tone for the whole match

Now we are back to being safe - believing that Laird can extract the ball

What was the centre clearance numbers breakdown between us and Geelong on the weekend?

No idea, but Dangerfield was having a field day till injured...
What if I told you Danger only had 1 Centre Clearance

Geelong had 8 to our 12

Yeah I dont believe it either

What if I told you Danger only had 1 Centre Clearance

Geelong had 8 to our 12

Yeah I dont believe it either
I can recall Dangerfield strolling out of the middle far more than once!

He was dominating stoppages.

God I hated that game. Haven't been able to post since. Knowing you'll lose before even leaving the state. !@# you Geelong, come to Adelaide Oval.

Oh OK. Ugly: Not resting Walker like was so goddamn obvious the week before.

Gollant halves just about everything, and wins a couple.

WTF Nicks, you learn so slowly. Waste of a loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure he's better than Hart (not hard) but that role is super important. There's too much poor strategy in stoppage to suggest it's not his fault, an improvement there could make us 2 goals better and Oppo 2 goals worse.
I'm not seeing much difference between the two tbh. If we are to win a flag the club needs to make tough calls. He isn't getting it done as our midfield coach and if Nick's is ruthless he will get someone in that does.

Back