Review Good Bad and Ugly vs GWS - Rd 7 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude. I have a soft spot for berg minor .... but I see he’s copping a fair bit of stick for the weekend. Is it only me or wasn’t he out cold for a few seconds in the 2nd qtr ( from memory) after landing heavily? I thought he should have been assessed but was let play on with no further impact on the game
He was assessed at half time if not immediately wasn't he?

Pretty sure the TV coverage also showed the Adelaide Doctor and others looking at the footage of the incident on the sidelines immediately after it happened?

How does a 29 year old Gibbs on big $'s compare to a player in their early 20's on less $'s...

That's a ridiculous comparison!

What have we got to lose by signing up some our best YOUNG talent to longer front loaded deals?

Allow them to buy a home now & settle here.
The point was that Gibbs signed a front ended contract with Carlton, then walked out on them after they'd paid the bulk of his contract in the early years, before he hit the leaner out years.

The last thing we want to do is pay our youngsters up front, only to have them walk to another club during their cheaper years.

The point was that Gibbs signed a front ended contract with Carlton, then walked out on them after they'd paid the bulk of his contract in the early years, before he hit the leaner out years.

The last thing we want to do is pay our youngsters up front, only to have them walk to another club during their cheaper years.
They can't just walk out on a contract!

If they wanted out, then we could ask for some $'s back... or like Carlton did with Gibbs we ask for crazy overs on the trade value.

If they wanted out, then we could ask for some $'s back... or like Carlton did with Gibbs we ask for crazy overs on the trade value.
LOL you haven't factored in the VAFL or the VAFL media pile on.

Seriously? When did AFL Contracts become worth the paper they're written on?

How many players have asked to be traded mid-contract in the last 10 years, and how many of them have been refused? AFL Contracts are worthless to the clubs, serving only to protect the interests of the players.

You can't ask for $$$ back. You can ask for an inflated trade value, but whether or not you get it is another matter entirely.

Thought Murray looked a likely type up forward. Why we needed him up there is a mystery though. Surely Tex, Filthy and Berg is enough supposed marking power.
Throwing some stuff at a wall and seeing if anything sticks I guess. Would rather them play Worrell up forward. Played there when he was younger and can take a mark and has a good kick on him. Nick's needs someone to partner with Thilthorpe and seems to have lost confidence in Fogarty, Frampton and Himmelberg. All three likely won't be on our list once their contracts are up.

Last edited:
Throwing some stuff at a wall and seeing if anything sticks I guess. Would rather them play Worrell up forward. Played there when he was younger and can take a mark and has a good kick on him. Nick's needs someone to partner with Thilthorpe and seems to have lost confidence in Fogarty, Frampton and Himmelberg. All three likely won't be on our list once their contracts are up.
Forwards need to be accurate in front of goal. That’s why I’d persist with Fogarty. It’s a weapon that can be added to.

Sorry to intrude. I have a soft spot for berg minor .... but I see he’s copping a fair bit of stick for the weekend. Is it only me or wasn’t he out cold for a few seconds in the 2nd qtr ( from memory) after landing heavily? I thought he should have been assessed but was let play on with no further impact on the game
Dunno if he was out cold, but did whack his head on the turf after falling on his back from a contest. At the very least should have gone off to be assessed and let someone else take the shot.

Won't say it was the reason he sprayed it, because he does that even without knocking his head, but could certainly have played a part.

I'm of the opinion we should give the Berg first ruck for a few weeks. Super mobile, good ruck craft and a very deft handball and touch. His only issue is fitness, so could swap with RT as needed.

Either way I'm still not convinced on ROB. It takes a perfect matchup for him to win the ruck. Any athletic ruck will just jump all over himand his skills are deplorable and often gets in the way. Plus he has a habit of starting the game super slow and only starts taking marks and winning contests late in the match.
Gee, talk about reactive!

ROB was beaten by Mumford on the weekend, but he's in the top half dozen rucks in the comp.

Strachan is a 25 yo beanpole who needs another 2 years on the weights before before moving to AFL level.

He would be #5 ruck on our list behind ROB, Billy, Berg and RT...oh, and Tex!

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back