Remove this Banner Ad

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
go

at least we did try some experiments there at the end, Murray up forward, Filthy into the ruck.

would love to know if we keep stats on % of aerial contests where the ball goes over the back and I would love to know how this game compared to normal, seemed really bad from us, especially when we had a good run at the contest, I can accept it when its hard to get up and at the ball nicely.

not really much you can talk about with forwards or defenders since we were towelled up in the middle so bad

still think we tried to possess and play perfect footy too much rather than just play a territory no matter what game especially when it was hot early

umpires, f me, changed heaps of rules for this game, not 15 unless its 20+, stopped paying holding at the center contests, then on top of that, just bullshit decisions

we're just too short on midfield depth and experience everywhere, mchenry, Berry and Hately cant get enough of it, need sloane and crouch back, so then what mchenry, hately, berry etc do get is enough, similar in defense without brown and hamill.

himmelberg needs to start holding those grabs.

keays and laird were good. kelly doedee smith seed sholl rob macperson (had lot of m gained I saw) butts and murray were all pretty serviceable.

Last edited:

Sucked in for picking Dmac during a rebuild.

I don't care how he went. He has nothing to do with our future.

7 game losing steak coming up.

Now stop tossing off as if we're a chance to make the 8 and get back on with developing our future.

We need more top picks and elite mids with them. AFL is 80% midfield. Horne is a must now.

We're on a downward trajectory in terms of performance but this is the first game this year where we've looked out of our depth/non-competitive for most of it. I thought it'd come before Round 7!

The selection of someone like Mackay is supremely annoying but it's obvious to see why he was selected, with Lynch and Brown out and still no Sloane, Crouch and Talia.

I think "lost it at selection" is a lazy comment too. People need to re-think the notion of dropping slews of players weekly. The by-product of bottoming out and going full rebuild is that players who are out of form get games. That's what "getting games into them" is about. We can argue about who that is week to week, but the idea that you can bottom out without having stretches of bad form doesn't compute. That's what bottoming out is. Are there 7+ players out of form that "deserve" to be dropped? Yes. But just go and have a look at the squad, minus injuries. It's bleak, particularly the forward line and midfield. Overall if Worrell and McAsey play well again tomorrow then they do need games.

I don't know the answer at the moment - I'm just watching how they go about it. To me, they're on the right track. We're 7 proper games in to the rebuild. It'll be another 25-40 before we see anything resembling consistency. If you are watching expecting us to be on top in most games you'll just be depressed every week. I think a portion of our fans say they're prepared for some pain, but then don't accept it when it obviously comes.

Full credit to Jesse Hogan - he wins this week's "Bloke Who Hasn't Done Jack For Years But Kicks 4 Against Adelaide" Award!

If this doesn't show we are three quality, and I mean quality mids short for our rebuild then nothing will.
This draft has some quality mids like Horne and Roberts, and we need to do everything we can to get some of them.

The worst thing that can happen is if we have a dead cat bounce and finish too high on the ladder to get them.
We run the risk of getting an average rebuild side where we will hang around 12 to 8th on the ladder for the next decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good:

The game is finally over. That was about 40 minutes of gametime just wishing it was over.

Tex kicks another couple to keep us interested in th3 coleman for another week.

Ned just doesn't stop running. Keays tries hard.

Bad:

McPherson's disposal. That's now 2 weeks of shitful distribution.

The first recognisable change I could see happened in the last qtr when Murray went forward.

Our players are gassed and thus so mentally shot that they fold to pressure. We never looked likelt to come back. Not how we started the first month of the season.

Sholl was not on. Just one part of our wider issue of general play. Most couldn't hit a barn door and forget about going I50.

Speaking of I50, is there anythint surer than us just pumping it long everytime?

Why can't we give Thilthorpe every chance to succeed?

Ugly:

Roll call
- Rowe
- McAdam
- McPherson
- Kelly
- Himmelberg
- Berry
- Umpires

But most of all our lack of squad rotations.
The next month will be a bloodbath.

Bring on pick 2

I'm spewing, melting worse than the villains at the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

View attachment 1116066
Not just a loss, an embarrassment.
Non-competitive shambles.
CROWoeful. Massacre and could have been annihilation but for GWS misses for goal.

Poor skills --- bombing high to F50 into the wind is schoolboy error + so many kicks under no pressure wide of teammates or straight to opponents when kept low.
Fumbly/hesitant --- flat-footed, waiting instead of attacking the ball. Reactive.
Do they have a tackling Coach? Sack them. Crows tackles were half-hearted, rarely stuck.
Mids towelled up for third week in a row.
Himmelberg drops more marks than he takes, kicks woefully for goal, no second effort, defensively weak; was like watching Frampton all over again which is damning.
McAdam unsighted, gifted another goal by Tex, blew it.
Watch again comedic errors @ 13.00 in last quarter, turnover from Crows bumbling, among many let's face it.
Laird, wtf-ballet-handball in last quarter, laughable.
Murray, good mark 25m out @ 8.05 last quarter, sh1tdinky kick for goal, nearly ootf.
Mackay kick forward @ 4.00 in last, even worse than laughable, under no pressure lace out to GWS defender. He's played how many games of AFL football, ffs?

Usually optimistic, I cannot think of a single positive to hang onto from this mess. Crows are heading down-down-down the Ladder with a bullet and will find themselves in 16th/17th place before the bye.

We are really gonna feel the pinch from poor list management during this early stretch of the draw. The kids all look tired, we have senior blokes woefully out of form and we have guys carrying injuries and niggles.

We have chosen not to cycle through our list when opportunity’s have come up and now when we will be forced too we’ll be at the toughest part of the draw, which inevitably will lead to heavy defeats and the loss of any confidence built in the early part of the season. It’s just really poor by Nicks and his staff.

Good:

The game is finally over. That was about 40 minutes of gametime just wishing it was over.

Tex kicks another couple to keep us interested in th3 coleman for another week.

Ned just doesn't stop running. Keays tries hard.

Bad:

McPherson's disposal. That's now 2 weeks of shitful distribution.

The first recognisable change I could see happened in the last qtr when Murray went forward.

Our players are gassed and thus so mentally shot that they fold to pressure. We never looked likelt to come back. Not how we started the first month of the season.

Sholl was not on. Just one part of our wider issue of general play. Most couldn't hit a barn door and forget about going I50.

Speaking of I50, is there anythint surer than us just pumping it long everytime?

Why can't we give Thilthorpe every chance to succeed?

Ugly:

Roll call
- Rowe
- McAdam
- McPherson
- Kelly
- Himmelberg
- Berry
- Umpires

But most of all our lack of squad rotations.
The next month will be a bloodbath.

Bring on pick 2
Agree with all of this except Kelly being in the ugly category. He was our best back by a mile today.

Keays, Murphy and DMac our best.

All three are "effort" guys. When the rest of the team drops, these guys don't. We need more guys with this ethos.

Tilthy continues to look good. Played HF today with a bit of Ruck. I have often though Lynch should be able to Ruck. Tilthorpe will be able to play that role and Ruck.

Murray up forward is interesting.

Midfield smashed. Said in gameday thread that our midfield is never going to be any good when we have drafted a genuinely talented mid in the first round for over ten years. Danger the last. Milera, injuries but maybe. Since then donuts.

Ogilvie's inability to draft in top midfield talent since 2007 is killing us. Highlighted today.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The worst thing that can happen is if we have a dead cat bounce and finish too high on the ladder to get them.
We run the risk of getting an average rebuild side where we will hang around 12 to 8th on the ladder for the next decade.

I don't think we'll be finishing 8th to 12th for the next couple of years.

At least Fog wasn’t called upon with minimal game time left, means he’ll get a full run tomorrow yeah?
I was worried for an injury late.

I wouldn't bring Fog on then. Game is dead and he would get more out of a full SANFL game.

But the media would pile on if he didn't play.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back