Review Good, Bad and Ugly vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

If Nicks selects probably anyone else on our list in place of McHeadless we probably win.

If he makes McHeadless the sub instead of Nank we probably win.

If he subs off McHeadless instead of Curtin we probably win.

Keep selecting shit players that constantly and consistently not only let us down, but are actively to our detriment, and we will keep coughing up games.

Surely not a soul at Adelaide Oval thought for a second Ned was even a 50% certainty when he marked 15m out.

The injury was not forseeable.
HOWEVER, what a good Coach would have done is give Curtin a gee-up at half-time, move him out of defence, tell him to go for it and make Nicks keep him on the ground.
But no, not our Nicks.
Dragged the kid, has probably set him back in confidence, then the Worrell injury-shat hit the fan.

Bad, bad Coaching.
As meatloaf sang … you took the words right out of my mouth

Berg did choose to block though. I blame Ned for the kick, not the mark.
McHenry misses that set shot. Sholl missed another about 30-odd metres out not long after.
Draw.

Neither player has any grit/impact under pressure, no composure, no I-GOTTA-DO-THIS determination.

Did Rash s**t the bed again in the last two minutes with that Fog pass?
Yep. Mchenry/keays would've chased that down and put in the effort and we probably win.

But this board never changes and will give him applause for taking the game on at other points

The injury was not forseeable.
HOWEVER, what a good Coach would have done is give Curtin a gee-up at half-time, move him out of defence, tell him to go for it and make Nicks keep him on the ground.
But no, not our Nicks.
Dragged the kid, has probably set him back in confidence, then the Worrell injury-shat hit the fan.

Bad, bad Coaching.
Sorta feels like he doesn't actually want Curtin in though, doesn't trust him, so he's bouncing on every error and mistake to get him out.

Won't be surprised to see him dropped next week.

Goodness me the constant McHenry bashing gets tiresome when he was better than Tex, Smith, Hinge, Curtin, Nank, Cook. By no means was Ned spectacular today but wasn't the main reason we didnt win.

Soligo unreal again, Rankine a star and Fog starting to work back into some form. Losing Worrell is going to hurt considering his form, but hopefully Nicks an co. continue to back in Curtin.

****, how I love draws. Whilst Adelaide being involved in them puts a damper, there is something rather magical about them.

Anyway, I only saw the last 40 minutes, so no real thoughts outside of hopefully Worrell is ok and it's very good to see Fogarty, Rankine and Dawson balling and I thought we handled the last quarter rather well.

Any chance we could have switched the play once instead of going long and kicking it to a contest which we lost the majority of?

That’s obviously instruction and it’s so dumb against Brisbane and Andrews.
99 marks for Brissy to our 57...FFS...how on earth did we draw it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Rash s**t the bed again in the last two minutes with that Fog pass?
i think rash knew that himmelberg was behind him and thought he was going for it, but in the end it went between them really awkwardly. dont think he'd dare squib like he did previously and has shown since that he wont again.

ugly for me has been how much butts has regressed the last couple of seasons. from looking potentially like a talia replacement to completely expendable. murray cant come back soon enough

Bad: Me taking 15 minutes to realise the commentators were talking about a player and not Matthew Nicks when saying "Shadow Brain".

shaking still life GIF by jjjjjohn

We were soft after the showdown, struggled to get our hands on the ball at times and turned it over terribly at times. I'm totally shocked it was a draw (the first ever at home).

The 4th quarter comeback was great, but we should have finished this thing off.

Crouch, Fogarty and Rankine can hold their heads up high.

Next week it will not be a draw.

Feel like a draw is a pretty good result given the way the game played out. Brisbane were the better team and we were lucky to be in it. I guess this is a positive vs last year where we lost these sorts of games.

Good:
Rankine - absolutely fantastic. Probably his best game for the club and there have been a few very good ones this year. Kept us in the game in the first half.
Fogarty - best game for the year and two excellent ones in a row. Looks back in his best form.
Dawson
Crouch
Sholl
Keays
Himmelberg - grading him on a curve here as I have low expectations but thought he was good and showed a lot of composure where other players did not. Kicked two and set up two more - a good game.

Bad:
Keane
Curtin - looked miles off it defensively, 4 of Brisbane's 6 goals in the first half were largely on him unfortunately. I understand people will say he's not a defender or whatever but this isn't true, he's been drafted as a defender and while he's obviously not a player we will give lockdown roles he can't be someone we have to hide. Hopefully he learns from the experience. Subbing him off was 100% the right call and I think we'd have lost without the swap, even though Nank wasn't amazing.
McHenry - had some okay moments as usual but given how he played he just has to make his limited opportunities count, like kicking that goal in the second term. You can sort of forgive Keays being shaky in front of goal given the other stuff he does well but McHenry doesn't do anywhere near enough to make up for it.
Our defence as a unit - our worst defensive game in a while. Big drop off from last week.

Goodness me the constant McHenry bashing gets tiresome when he was better than Tex, Smith, Hinge, Curtin, Nank, Cook. By no means was Ned spectacular today but wasn't the main reason we didnt win.
He wasn't better than any of those players except Curtin who was playing his second game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back