SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
Good

Mackay's goal!
Wright- Superb. Will challenge Danger as BOG
Dangerfield. What more needs to be said. Will be top 5 within a year or so. His running goal was epic
Talia- Towelled up "Super Pav" Should win the RS, but probably won't
Smith down back
Johnston's first game for us. Showed enough
Stiffy- Gave us a lot forward. Really liked his game today
Never rally felt nervous today. We weren't great, but we were always in control
Efficiency when getting inside 50 was great
Top 2. Still a game clear
Callinan- Missed some easy shots, but that was more like it Nutta

Bad:

Some very easy shots missed
Thommo- Had a quiet few weeks. No Brownlow now you'd think
Sloane- Another down on some form.

We get these 2 blokes back firing with their early season form and watch out!

Ugly

None today

Doing a great job here. Some are concerned about our lack of form, but i think Sando is timing our run nicely. He has the experience of what it takes for finals from Geelong. Tippo back next week with the Porpoise and we'll be fielding our strongest team

GOOD
dangerfield and wright
talia
walker
captains shut down on hill

bad
reillys kicking
douglas did some stupid things
we seem to be not playing that great

ugly
lewis johnston. dont sugar coat it, he was bad, wasnt working up and back. should have played lynch

Glenno, Smith was ordinary disposal is poor is incapable of tackling or imposing himself on the contest, makes poor decisions when going forward, blazed away too often.
He's young and will improve but nows not the time to be gambling with his inexperience in the backlines.

Great game today against a side that was in red hot form .......but having lost Fyfe pre-game

Our offensive play toad was excemplary ......was scoring at a very high % each time we went into the forward 50
Trouble was we were scored against just as easily and what was concerning was we couldn't stop Freo scoring each time we kicked a goal.

Still a few players today that under pressure go the handball rather than kick .......our forwards this year have expected the kick and when we handball they can be out of position.

Kicking for goal was an ugly today .....won't be able to do that in finals

Wright: has had a couple of down games but with a vengance today. Deceptively quick by foot but a real footballers brain and tends to make good decisions.Definitely his best game of this season !!

Dangerfield: What a leader and an inspiration. Tend to have him BOG just because of the influence he had on the game

Sloane: Looks slow and IMO is carrying an injury. Has been down now a few weeks .....not bad mind you, but not at his sparkling effervescent self.

Johnston: not the worse first up game ....took some good grabs and had some good plays. Remember this is no 18 YO rookie ......what he put up today is nothing more than what we expected. Lets say workmanlike.

Johncock: you can see in his face he's lost weight. His offensive and defensive game today was excellent. Gee him and Porps in the forward line with Tippett and Walker is an awesome thought.

Smith: great game last week and backed it up again today. For a 2nd year player he looked composed, confident and at the top of his game today ......still looks thin though

Shaw: overall again a great game for ....what is he an 8 -9 game player. Made a couple of howlers, but hey he's getting a lot of the ball, much more than early in the year. Just needs to tighten up on the couple of really bad decisions.

Talia: has to go 1 or 2 in the rising star ......you have to admire the mental strength of a 2nd year KPP ...as we've discussed KPP doing what Talia is doing at this stage of his career is rare

Jacobs: thought today was one of his average games ......everyone has one

Walker: He's never been known as a great contested mark and has got most of his goals off the deck. But he's now taking the ball out front further in front of his eyes ......definitely a change in technique to the better as he's taking more contested marks and is looking dangerous in the air.

Petrenko: He's always attacked the ball hard ......but in fits and spurts. Today it was more sustained and he influenced the game for longer periods. Gee i wish he had the fitness to play midfield.

Jenkins: getting better with experience .....grabbing some good marks. Can't see him getting dropped with Tippetts return.

Glenno, Smith was ordinary disposal is poor is incapable of tackling or imposing himself on the contest, makes poor decisions when going forward, blazed away too often.
He's young and will improve but nows not the time to be gambling with his inexperience in the backlines.

I must have been watching a different game, I thought Smith was really good once again and is getting better each week. He reads the ball well, and appears to be getting more comfortable with each week. Last week vs Essendon was a great example of him taking more of a leadership role in defence.

Good
Talia - fantastic on Pavlich, wore him like a glove to him for most of the day. He even felt confident enough to do a couple of runs up the field off Pav, which is a great sign of growing confidence.
Danger - did some unbelievably inspiring team lifting things all day, but particularly in the second half when the game was up for grabs again.
Wright - may have been his best game for the club today, a very smart footballer and to think we can rotate him a Porpa up forwards and on the ball is exciting.
Johncock - seems to be getting back into some form, which is important if we need him to go back to defence in the finals
Walker - took some great marks, but also dropped some critical chest marks, 2 of which led directly to Freo goals
Ballantine crunched in a perfect tackle late in the game
Mackays goal on the run after a perfect give by Danger - one of the best Crows goals of the year

Bad
Umpiring was average yet again for both teams, however an improvement over the absolute reaming we have copped vs Geelong and Essendon.
Douglas - after a couple of good weeks, today he was back to getting run down from behind, coughing up footy easily via foot, and some very average defensive punching efforts in contests the first half. Seemed lost back there, like he wasnt sure who to man up on.
Callinan, Petrenko, Jenkins, Thompson all missing straight forward shots inside 35m - we simply have to nail these in big games
Our clearance work out of centre in the first half
Freo breaking even in the ruck - we badly need some support for Jacobs in case he tries or gets injured.

Ugly
The Freo player with the tasteless diamond tat behind his ear

I didn't see much of the game as I was at work for it but I did see Dangers running goal, geez that was good.

Johnston was just ok, not great but for his 3rd AFL game and having played in the SANFL all year, he did well enough. I think a few people underestimate how big the jump from SANFL to AFL is sometimes.

Are you frickin serious? 75% disposal efficiency and 1 clanger. Been in the 80s for the last two weeks. You must have also missed that unbelievable kick around the corner in the second qtr.

Tell me, who was the player that gave Freo a goal in the last qtr when he kicked back in the corridor after he panicked?

I must be watching a different Smith

God
Dangerfield. Absolute legend.

Good
Wright! Just another player that has stepped up enormously this year. Playing fantastic in the middle
Midfield depth is excellent.
Did exactly what we need to. The win today was so important for the top 2 finish.
Scoring 119 points against the Fremantle defence. Could have been 145+ if we kicked straight.

Bad
Never put them away. We dominated the game, but our conversion was pretty awful.
Cheap goals. There'd be periods where we had the ball for 10 minutes, kick a point and Freo would go the length of the ground and kick a goal. Again, converting our opportunities.

Ugly
Holding the ball. There is something seriously wrong when a player takes on the tackler, loses and drops the ball but its play on. It happened in our favour, but its still a joke.
Could only arrive half way through the 2nd quarter.
Old lady bossing us around telling us to move when we didn't have to. Shut up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This must be a joke? Smith is one of the best kicks in the team...

Good
Same as been mentioned: Talia takes another scalp, dangerfield pretty much best player in the afl right now, wright stepping up
Smith has some quickness in his first few steps making him very good at rebounding out of the 50, love his attack on the ball
Walker giving it to crowley; some extra spice in tackles on ballantyne.

Bad
Walker shaved the dirty mo; very disappointing.
Missing some set shots that should have put freo away
In a way this could probably be counted as a "good": Sloane and Thommo having quite games the past few weeks, but others have stepped up in their place. I imagine as soon as danger/wright/vince get more attention sloane and thommo will have more freedom to do as they please.

Ugly
Neck tattoos.

Good
Walker overhead / contested marking
Those crows ads, we complained earlier in the year, club have responded
Cracking game, goal for goal so often
Finally on the better side of the umpiring, havent looked at the free kick stats but seemed slightly in our favour, which is par for the course. Some bad ones missed against both sides, holding the balls in particular.
Good that the umpires seemed to speed up blowing the whistle in the stalemate contest rather than letting it drag on.
Callinan
Walker gets his four goals again.
Wright
Danger
Thommos tackles at the end - making good use of the guns
Talia
Shaw
Smith
Most players actually - especially the ones that got stuck into crowley and ballantyne
Jonathan Griffin played pretty well (bad for Sauce - his drop in last few games prolly thru being sore but also because no tipps further highlights tipps importance)
Different people bobbing up each week and having good games.
Johnstone did alright, needs to think about kicks other than huge bombs.

Bad
Walker marking attempts on easy or uncontested passes
Amount of people getting caught running on to their wrong side early in the game
Ball being spoiled over the back or missed completely in first third of the game

Other
Can we have two goal of the year nominations from the one game? Three perhaps if you count Neale's?

Good:

Dangerfield, another couple of BOGs and he'll be very close to Chas. Another outstanding game from the young man who has been dragging us over the line the last few weeks.

Talia another good effort on an inform forward, it'll be a dead set joke if a GWS player gets the RS award this year.

Wright: Reminds me of a younger, slimmer, more football skilled version of myself.

The small forwards were outstanding today

Bad: Second quarter, we just weren't there and allowed them to hit the front

Douglas, needs to play on instinct, as soon as he tries to size up his options he becomes error prone

Crowley and Ballantyne, if they played the ball as much as they play the man, they'd be good footballers

Ugly

Aiden Riley, I'm sure Callinan asks Riley to be his wingman when he hits the clubs trying to pick up

I must be watching a different Smith

Hang on Is Smith #33 with the socks down???

I think you guys need to watch the replay... His intensity is non existent. missed a tackle that resulted in a Freo goal. Over cooked his passing in general play. missed a crucial goal that he should have passed off.
I dispute the 75% efficientcy as I saw far too many disposal errors by foot to indicate he had 30 disposals or more.

good

danger and wrighty....superb
talia.........awesome job on one of the best guns going round.
walkers marking, ( sure he dropped 2 dollies) but in general his overhead and contested marking is getting better all the time.
2nd half....really good, should of won by more
dmacs goal, whoa! awesome!

bad

goal kicking, was down today, really should of been a 10 goal win.
1st half, alot of turn overs, slow decision making, freo had good pressure tho.

no ugly for me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back