Review Good, Bad, f.U.G.L.Y. v Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

Thing is, Melbourne's midfield isn't overly quick which makes it even more glaring

Viney, Jones, Brayshaw, Salem all have some toe and are quicker than your run of the mill midfielder, like a Sloane/Greenwood.

Hell, even Oliver has some good acceleration for such a big lad.

But yes, not the quickest of midfielders by far, so even more damning on our crap tactics.

Why. His gravy train maybe looking shaky. He's a big part of the problem.
His gravy train is fully loaded, we are his passion project.

He would be rightly worried people are going to start coming for him

I'm not as angry with the loss as I am with the events that lead to the loss. I just can't fathom how much, yet again, off field incompetence has cost this club. How did Burton and Haas get appointed in the first place. How are Mackay, Jenkins still on our list never mind getting a game. Why haven't Clarke, Campo, Harper, Smart etc been moved on as yet. Why, after 20 years, do we still allow dumb, soft footballers to infect our 22.

The GF should have been a massive wake up call for this club but no, has anything changed. Have they even watched the game yet?

Goodwin lauded Levers aggression. When he was at the AFC the A word was a dirty word. Why do ex-AFC people seem to gain a harder, more ruthless edge when they leave the club.

Viney, Jones, Brayshaw, Salem all have some toe and are quicker than your run of the mill midfielder, like a Sloane/Greenwood.

Hell, even Oliver has some good acceleration for such a big lad.

But yes, not the quickest of midfielders by far, so even more damning on our crap tactics.

Are they quick, or are they just hard runners willing to spread?

I'm not as angry with the loss as I am with the events that lead to the loss. I just can't fathom how much, yet again, off field incompetence has cost this club. How did Burton and Haas get appointed in the first place. How are Mackay, Jenkins still on our list never mind getting a game. Why haven't Clarke, Campo, Harper, Smart etc been moved on as yet. Why, after 20 years, do we still allow dumb, soft footballers to infect our 22.

The GF should have been a massive wake up call for this club but no, has anything changed. Have they even watched the game yet?
Jenkins is fine, although yesterday wasn't a good day

Baffling decision to use him. That last quarter effort was borderline match fixingly poor. That is mainly what the supporters remember from the game and they use him to front the media?
I was genuinely concerned that his stat padding in the last quarter was going to ensure the heat came off him

Thankfully he proceeded to do an Auskick impersonation and restore our confidence.

^ this 100%!

You know why we don’t move on Assistant Coaches? Because we replace them with gems like Ben Hart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know why we don’t move on Assistant Coaches? Because we replace them with gems like Ben Hart.
Funnily enough our defence has been largely good this year, Hart is doing his job. As is Francou with half his guns missing each week.

Same could be said for Campo...... but IMO our midfielders play on talent and in spite of poor structure.

To be honest I've never read one of your comments. What rock did you slither out from under. You must be the 3am shift.

Welcome aboard. Strong first post.
'Twas Saturday the 3rd of September 2011 R24 when my maker last unhitched my stone lid. My maker who fashioned my soul told me to never show my ravished face until the moons align and the Raven (Crow in your world) drop's out of the sky red eyed and shaken. For a short while the 'subsong' call of caw, caw will disappear but don't despair it will return. For now I will go but not entirely. I will be hidden in the body of a brown haired man sitting in bay 127 (eastern side) yelling at small men dressed in fluro green (once white). Smythy please explain this creature he has a different way of seeing the game than most humans. In my world this type of being would be fodder, substanance for Weflyasone (don't we).

ISIS aren't wiped out, and the losses they suffered were under plans that pre-existed Trump.

The economy is booming as a result of Obama era policy.

Tax cuts, maybe but this is bad policy.

Jobs coming back to the US, again a result of the economic policies under Obama.

As for North Korea, he has merely existed.

Jesus Christ you're delusional.

As a side note, is there a chance that any ******* thread on this forum can exist without degenerating into a debate on US politics? It's ******* ridiculous.

You learn much more about people and sides when the pressure is on, yet we choose to only make decisions based on winning performances.

A entire movement has sprung up in the corporate world based on focusing on failing fast and early, but importantly learning from the failure then trying again. This agile movement is widespread in every organisation now as it is accepted as the quickest way to attain your ultimate goal.

The AFC is stuck in the old thinking.

I don't know anything about new fandangled movements, but I've posted a few times that we judge our players only on how they go when we win. Losses are written off as abominations where no one could have played well. And yet, players consistently do play well in losses. Guys like Mackay can be s**t for weeks and only need a good game in a 100 point thrashing for all to be forgiven ahd the drop clock reset to 10.

A lot of employers write those sorts of restrictions into employment contracts. Generally they aren’t worth the paper they’re written on. In most cases this is pretty much exactly what constitutes a restraint of trade.

And again, generally, in Australia an employer cannot stop you leaving and working in your chosen field of expertise. Often the only time an employer would win a case in court is if they can prove you’ve taken with you on departure things like, for example, clients lists, engineering schematics, chemical formulas and similar.
No doubt about that but if we are wanting to compare footballers to employees in the real world, then yes - if a key member of staff defects to a rival competitor, that employer is pissed about it

As we should be with Sloane

In the real corporate world, at the first sign of leaving, Sloane would be told to pack his desk with a security guard watching him, and told to then leave the building immediately.

Can we please change the game plan from a blind hack out of the stoppages.
It looked like they were still in wet weather mode.
Lets try and get the ball to our outside runners with some method.
Because the blind hack forward always seems to come back with interest on it.

'Twas Saturday the 3rd of September 2011 R24 when my maker last unhitched my stone lid. My maker who fashioned my soul told me to never show my ravished face until the moons align and the Raven (Crow in your world) drop's out of the sky red eyed and shaken. For a short while the 'subsong' call of caw, caw will disappear but don't despair it will return. For now I will go but not entirely. I will be hidden in the body of a brown haired man sitting in bay 127 (eastern side) yelling at small men dressed in fluro green (once white). Smythy please explain this creature he has a different way of seeing the game than most humans. In my world this type of being would be fodder, substanance for Weflyasone (don't we).
You better go. The mannequins won't shower themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back