Review Good, Bad, f.U.G.L.Y. v Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

So what went down at the club last week?

Any of our source posters know anything? This is what we pay you for!

Did a group of players rebel at the Collective Minds stuff?

Injuries playing a large part no doubt but that was the most listless display I've ever seen from a Crows team.
Rowey mentioned it again yesterday and brought up Collective Minds.

I imagine it may be something like this. If there was an issue with it from the preseason and the players expressed dissatisfaction with it to management, how would feel if they’ve been ignored and made to put up with them again?

This after the same fitness department have failed their primary responsibility to keep the players fit and healthy.

The players despite the fitness * ups are still keeping up their end of the bargain and are sitting fourth at 6:3 only to then basically receive a * you, this is what you are doing.

Of course I could be wrong.

Rowey mentioned it again yesterday and brought up Collective Minds.

I imagine it may be something like this. If there was an issue with it from the preseason and the players expressed dissatisfaction with it to management, how would feel if they’ve been ignored and made to put up with them again?

This after the same fitness department have failed their primary responsibility to keep the players fit and healthy.

The players despite the fitness **** ups are still keeping up their end of the bargain and are sitting fourth at 6:3 only to then basically receive a **** you, this is what you are doing.

Of course I could be wrong.
Jenkins said the collective minds stuff was being brought back about half way through this year as well.

He really isnt, his year this year has been great in that regard.
let's not go overboard. He's harder at the contest than the 2017 version of J Jenkins but still under par imo. You know when the pressure increases come Sept ( if we are there) he will slip back into his comfort zone.

let's not go overboard. He's harder at the contest than the 2017 version of J Jenkins but still under par imo. You know when the pressure increases come Sept ( if we are there) he will slip back into his comfort zone.
I don't think he will. His 2 best games have come against serious opposition in Richmond and Sydney.

Yes he was poor Sunday, very in fact, but we had maybe 3 winners over the ground. Of course the proof will be in the pudding, but I reckon Francou has gotten through to him.

Talia was miles ahead of our next best. One of the few that looked like he actually gave a s**t for the whole game. I thought Dougie was ok. Crouch was the only mid that did much.

Beyond that it was pretty ugly though. Easily our worst game since North last year.

GF not bad enough for you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what went down at the club last week?

Any of our source posters know anything? This is what we pay you for!

Did a group of players rebel at the Collective Minds stuff?

Injuries playing a large part no doubt but that was the most listless display I've ever seen from a Crows team.

Just touched on the exact same thought in the SANFL thread after watching that gutless display.

Something seems up, absolutely no one put in any effort whatsoever on the weekend.

Mental or fitness?

Just touched on the exact same thought in the SANFL thread after watching that gutless display.

Something seems up, absolutely no one put in any effort whatsoever on the weekend.

Mental or fitness?
Probably both.

I wouldn't be shocked if Pyke and the players are now very sceptical of the messages coming from those above them.

It must be difficult for Don to look at his shattered playing group and try to pass on things he himself wouldn't believe.

Probably both.

I wouldn't be shocked if Pyke and the players are now very sceptical of the messages coming from those above them.

It must be difficult for Don to look at his shattered playing group and try to pass on things he himself wouldn't believe.

The players seem to have a really good connection with Pyke, and it it's only me "attempting" to read signs/body language etc, but I personally don't think Pyke is the problem.

There must be some unrest about other things, for both of our sides to go out and give about 2/10 effort in the same week.

The players seem to have a really good connection with Pyke, and it it's only me "attempting" to read signs/body language etc, but I personally don't think Pyke is the problem.

There must be some unrest about other things, for both of our sides to go out and give about 2/10 effort in the same week.
He has his deficiencies but our current spot is not of his making.

Of course mindset is partially to do with him and the coaches, and that needs to be addressed. But the rest is out of his hands.

1) Aren’t u a funny fellow?
Obviously if you followed the full back and forth of those statements you wouldn’t need to be so facetious.
1) On occasion. The clue is the ";)" which means I was having a bit of fun.
2) I thought I had. A few others commented similarly. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
Please quote the post you made stating " ... post-2017" and I'll apologise, unreservedly.
If not, cough up. That's gotta be fair ... ;).

Do we play Melbourne again in the minor round?

They were excellent on Sunday but... they had a lot of players sitting in front of the ball. Guessing, running forward, backing their team mate to win the footy.

And win it they did.

Break even or win the contested ball and those preening half forwards and runners who looked oh so damaging and didn't have to worry about their opponents ever will face a very different situation.

It reminded me of when the Bulldogs torched us at Optus Oval in 1998. Blight said exactly the above - that if we'd won more of the footy all of those guys would have been out of position. So it proved later that season.

Do we play Melbourne again in the minor round?

They were excellent on Sunday but... they had a lot of players sitting in front of the ball. Guessing, running forward, backing their team mate to win the footy.

And win it they did.

Break even or win the contested ball and those preening half forwards and runners who looked oh so damaging and didn't have to worry about their opponents ever will face a very different situation.

It reminded me of when the Bulldogs torched us at Optus Oval in 1998. Blight said exactly the above - that if we'd won more of the footy all of those guys would have been out of position. So it proved later that season.
You can afford to do this when you have beasts like Gawn, Jones and Viney giving them first look.

You can afford to do this when you have beasts like Gawn, Jones and Viney giving them first look.
They had those guys the last few years

They're up and about now but it could easily come crashing down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back