• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

safeandsound

All Australian
Apr 28, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Completely disagree, Berry now he's being given some decent minutes on ball is getting better every week.

200 game player I just hope they are all with the Crows.

Unlike Keays and Hately he's a straight line player and has the strength and acceleration to brush off tacklers.

Of the 3 players you mention he's the only one with the hops to be an aerial threat as well.
Berry is the engine of the midfield .

Aug 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Random thought.

Is Taylor Walker the only 500 goal forward to never make an All Australian team?
No. The All Australian team is barely more of a "tradition" than Collingwood vs Essendon on ANZAC day. Albeit a more legitimate one.

It didn't really exist pre-AFL. And was only occasionally a thing for State carnivals.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I do not know but it is possibly his peers at the time
He was on track last year

had near identical averages to Buddy last year. Think Buddy made the squad but not the team. People forget that Tex had a flat period that necfessitated a rest. Finishing the season wasn't going to get him into the AA 22. Maybe the 40 though.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
I'm not excusing the kick, but it was actually a brilliant kick and it should have been marked. The recipient probably dropped it through severe shock. ;)
it was a spot on kick but it was biting off just a little more than he could chew..

those kicks work out 9 times out of 10 in the SANFL where the players are slower, less aware and dont read the play as well.. but at the top level these days, players are onto kicks like that like a fat kid on a cupcake…

lesson for strawnie.. he just needs to get up to the speed of the AFL.. not at all unreasonable to think this will take him a few games.

I thought he was pretty good though last night up against some very good opposition.. I definitely love his tap work more than ROB’s..

Sep 6, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is a huge problem. What is our game plan/style, other than "work hard"? I can't see one.
Our gameplan looks like a Rube Goldberg machine if it was constructed by a kid high on Wizz Fizz. You lose brain cells trying to figure it out.

Our ball movement:
GreatDeadHyrax-max-1mb.gif

Me:
huh-unsure.gif

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
it was a spot on kick but it was biting off just a little more than he could chew..

those kicks work out 9 times out of 10 in the SANFL where the players are slower, less aware and dont read the play as well.. but at the top level these days, players are onto kicks like that like a fat kid on a cupcake…

lesson for strawnie.. he just needs to get up to the speed of the AFL.. not at all unreasonable to think this will take him a few games.

I thought he was pretty good though last night up against some very good opposition.. I definitely love his tap work more than ROB’s..
They key thing for me is that he doesn't stop at the tap. He hunts the ball after the tap as well and sometimes gets the clearance. He can get a ground ball and kicks well to position. None of the above is ROB.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
We need to start questing what Rahilly is doing. We just seem to have no system with our forward
forward entries.

It shits me to tears to watch forwards in other teams with clear leading patterns that create multiple opportunities, yet time and time again our system is to dump it on the head of our forward 20 mtrs from goal.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
100% this. How many times were we heading through centre towards 50 and it was a long bomb to a pack. I know we lump it on the forwards but that is giving them a hard hard task. It just has to change to make the whole set up more efficient

No. The All Australian team is barely more of a "tradition" than Collingwood vs Essendon on ANZAC day. Albeit a more legitimate one.

It didn't really exist pre-AFL. And was only occasionally a thing for State carnivals.

What about since the AA team was created?

Is he the only 500 goal player that could have been AA but isn't?

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Good:
Soligo - arguably our best player on the night, would be a chance for a rising star nom if anyone who makes those decisions actually watched the game (note: they didn’t)

Dawson - running away with the gold jacket. Keays the only danger.

McAdam - has now locked down his spot in the side, and looks our most dangerous forward at times

Hamill - is now our best small defender, excluding Smith who is hardly a “defender”

Hately has surprised me with 2 very good games in a row. Is outperforming Laird in terms of impact on the game and quality of disposal.

Smith and Doedee can hold their heads high.

Butts looks set to return next week so we don’t have to put up with watching that ridiculously small backline again

We are a lock for Pick 3

Bad:
Fogarty - will never play another AFL game for the club again IMO. He’s just not good at anything, and has no idea what he’s doing out there.

Rachele - had a couple of absolutely disastrous moments prior to going off injured. And by disastrous I mean his effort level and commitment to the contest were weak as piss. Needs a week off from footy, and then 2 weeks in the SANFL to regain form, confidence, and perspective of what is required to play at AFL level.

Jones - went off with a shoulder complaint early. I wish he’d stayed off. Was absolutely pathetic for the entire game. Worst on ground, marginally defeating Rachele and Fogarty for this title.

Tex - worst game he’s played for a long time. The combination of kicking 1.4 last week and spraying the shot inside the first minute this week appeared to kill his confidence. If Tex doesn’t have confidence in his kicking, he’s not much chop.

The butcher-like disposal of Keays and Laird - seriously, these guys have absolutely no ability to hit targets by foot and it’s beyond ridiculous now. Both have a lot else to offer as AFL players but far out, have some poise and know your limitations.

The fact that everyone at the ground, including Ned himself, knew that McHenry was going to miss that set shot with 3 or so mins left from 40m out, straight in front, that would have gotten us back within a goal.

The other piss easy shots for goal missed by Walker (x2), Strachan, Thilthorpe, Laird, Murphy and Rowe that put us in a position where we needed to rely on McHenry kicking a regulation set shot to give us a chance of winning.

Ugly:
The fact that we prefer to select Murray as our only KPD against a forward line containing King, Ryder / Marshall and Membrey rather than selecting Pick 6 McAsey, who is so bad that he can’t even get selected as a key defender at SANFL level anymore, and can’t even contribute as a forward at that level either (0.1 from 6 touches in a dominant side who scored over 100 pts).

Former first round picks McAsey and Fogarty look set to play 0 games for the club moving forward. Both picked inside the first dozen, both absolutely useless. First round failures like this kill playing lists, and sadly, they aren’t the only ones. I’m sure both will end up at different clubs, as depth players, and each of them will probably play a half decent game here or there. But make no mistake, they should never have been drafted anywhere near where we took them. Neither should Jones. Or Gallucci. Or Milera. It’s a pattern. An ugly pattern.

Rowe has skills and footy smarts so I think that’s a bit harsh to put him alongside those 2 and even then I think all 3 won’t be here when we are next contending, we are so far off it in terms of the players we have recruited/are playing/retaining

Most players we have right now won't be here when we're contending, after all we're smack bang in the middle of a deep rebuild so its expected.

At this point, we're only interested in the cream. The players we can build our next contender around. The rest, whether they stay or go is pretty inconsequential.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Most players we have right now won't be here when we're contending, after all we're smack bang in the middle of a deep rebuild so its expected.

At this point, we're only interested in the cream. The players we can build our next contender around. The rest, whether they stay or go is pretty inconsequential.

Nix will be getting as much continuity into what he sees as our best side and trying to make finals with that group. Rebuild is on hold until Nix is gone.

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good:
Soligo - arguably our best player on the night, would be a chance for a rising star nom if anyone who makes those decisions actually watched the game (note: they didn’t)

Dawson - running away with the gold jacket. Keays the only danger.

McAdam - has now locked down his spot in the side, and looks our most dangerous forward at times

Hamill - is now our best small defender, excluding Smith who is hardly a “defender”

Hately has surprised me with 2 very good games in a row. Is outperforming Laird in terms of impact on the game and quality of disposal.

Smith and Doedee can hold their heads high.

Butts looks set to return next week so we don’t have to put up with watching that ridiculously small backline again

We are a lock for Pick 3

Bad:
Fogarty - will never play another AFL game for the club again IMO. He’s just not good at anything, and has no idea what he’s doing out there.

Rachele - had a couple of absolutely disastrous moments prior to going off injured. And by disastrous I mean his effort level and commitment to the contest were weak as piss. Needs a week off from footy, and then 2 weeks in the SANFL to regain form, confidence, and perspective of what is required to play at AFL level.

Jones - went off with a shoulder complaint early. I wish he’d stayed off. Was absolutely pathetic for the entire game. Worst on ground, marginally defeating Rachele and Fogarty for this title.

Tex - worst game he’s played for a long time. The combination of kicking 1.4 last week and spraying the shot inside the first minute this week appeared to kill his confidence. If Tex doesn’t have confidence in his kicking, he’s not much chop.

The butcher-like disposal of Keays and Laird - seriously, these guys have absolutely no ability to hit targets by foot and it’s beyond ridiculous now. Both have a lot else to offer as AFL players but far out, have some poise and know your limitations.

The fact that everyone at the ground, including Ned himself, knew that McHenry was going to miss that set shot with 3 or so mins left from 40m out, straight in front, that would have gotten us back within a goal.

The other piss easy shots for goal missed by Walker (x2), Strachan, Thilthorpe, Laird, Murphy and Rowe that put us in a position where we needed to rely on McHenry kicking a regulation set shot to give us a chance of winning.

Ugly:
The fact that we prefer to select Murray as our only KPD against a forward line containing King, Ryder / Marshall and Membrey rather than selecting Pick 6 McAsey, who is so bad that he can’t even get selected as a key defender at SANFL level anymore, and can’t even contribute as a forward at that level either (0.1 from 6 touches in a dominant side who scored over 100 pts).

Former first round picks McAsey and Fogarty look set to play 0 games for the club moving forward. Both picked inside the first dozen, both absolutely useless. First round failures like this kill playing lists, and sadly, they aren’t the only ones. I’m sure both will end up at different clubs, as depth players, and each of them will probably play a half decent game here or there. But make no mistake, they should never have been drafted anywhere near where we took them. Neither should Jones. Or Gallucci. Or Milera. It’s a pattern. An ugly pattern.
I can’t understand how Hamish escapees with so little scrutiny, it’s almost as if he’s too good a bloke to criticise so no one does

Back