Analysis Good, Bad, Ugly, and Surprising vs Geelong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
When you run there are times when both feet are not touching the ground. Really, to make a proper determination you should look at the video. I've only seen it once but my impression was that Dangerfield didn't jump.
I was disappointed no one went to danger to fly the flag tbh. That was a gutless hit.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did you sense a glimmer of hope yesterday with Neddy? :)
Damn you Bicks for maybe having to say might have been wrong.
Although yes he showed more yesterday though most of his good work was the hustling which use already knew.
Still absolutely believe wrong pick that high but although over enthusiasm etc meant he fumbled etc couple of times he did at least show some ball skills we haven't seen at AFL .
So yes to your question but still much preferred Duursma and couple others back then and now.
Bigger concern is Jones as he has more skills, elite pace etc and not sure what the answer is.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
I agree but also think the rule change is going to be great for Tex. his leads are elite and so is his kicking.
I also think Tex is so much better as leader and has more influence then any other person in our team. Sloane is nowhere near Tex. I know he had some lean years but when he is up and running, we look super
The good thing aboutvthat is if the new rule works for leading forward players like tex, and it sure looks that way, then it will also help the fog who’s also great at it..

I_Was_There

All Australian
Mar 28, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I was disappointed no one went to danger to fly the flag tbh. That was a gutless hit.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I have a recollection that someone did. Was it Sloane (downfield) got right in his face and told him what he thought. However, it could have been another part of the game. Effectively Kelly was the back marker from memory and most of the players were in Adelaide's forward 50 where the ball now for the kick on goal. Dangerfield ran forward to the next contest and it was only Jenkins and Kelly left.

I_Was_There

All Australian
Mar 28, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I have a recollection that someone did. Was it Sloane (downfield) got right in his face and told him what he thought. However, it could have been another part of the game. Effectively Kelly was the back marker from memory and most of the players were in Adelaide's forward 50 where the ball now for the kick on goal. Dangerfield ran forward to the next contest and it was only Jenkins and Kelly left.
And I feel not too many players would have seen the incident given it was after the disposal.

I_Was_There

All Australian
Mar 28, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I am surprised nothing came of the two trips in the game. Both at the southern end, one outside the 50m arc as we were heading to goal. The other was on one of our younger new players (from memory) right near the south western point post. The first, in play and it happens by accident, but the other was a clear attempt to trip the player with a hand grabbing the foot/ankle.

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
When you run there are times when both feet are not touching the ground. Really, to make a proper determination you should look at the video. I've only seen it once but my impression was that Dangerfield didn't jump.
Nah, he jumped. He might not have jumped in an upwards direction, but you can see he launches himself off his right foot just before colliding with Kelly ... so much for Paddy just protecting himself (unless you believe in attack as the best form of defence philosophy 🤨

kelly-v-dangerfield-slow-gif.1082834

kelly-v-dangerfield-fast-gif.1082835

Jirkago75

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Danger and Selwood are not the same players they once were. Both are on the downturn. This would be Selwoods last year. Danger is almost getting to Libber standards, where his running, bust of speed are dwindling and he’s now trying to impact in other ways. He is almost always getting suspended but just surviving. His chances of a flag are gone and so is his good boy image

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
How quick was Will Hamill on that Dangerfield chase down though? Kid has some wheels.

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nah, he jumped. He might not have jumped in an upwards direction, but you can see he launches himself off his right foot just before colliding with Kelly ... so much for Paddy just protecting himself (unless you believe in attack as the best form of defence philosophy 🤨

kelly-v-dangerfield-slow-gif.1082834

kelly-v-dangerfield-fast-gif.1082835
Would have done exactly the same as Danger in the same situation

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I have a bit of a soft spot for a couple of your players, Billy Frampton remains one of my favourite players because who can't love a 200cm Viking who clunks marks, and I also bear a striking resemblance to Harry Schoenberg.

Anyway I was at the ground yesterday as my best mate is a Crows fan so just wanted to say good win, was a nice atmosphere to be a part of.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
It seems Geelong went into the game half-cocked, unable to withstand our repeated thrusts forward. As we all know things became harder for us in the second half as Geelong started to comeback, but we stiffened our resolve and stood firm against their repeated insertions deep inside 50. We reached the climax of the game tired, sweaty, but with a smile on our faces and the relief that a successful game completion brings.

I feel for those that blew a load of cash by betting on Geelong to win.

Penis.
Yes, a happy ending for all but a few that aren’t into that kind of thing.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Seedsman isn't soft & can tackle.
He's marginally less soft than Atkins, which still leaves him as one of the softest 20 players to have ever represented the Crows.

His lack of hardness & willingness to put his body on the line is the main reason why he spent so much of 2020 out of the senior team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back