• Harry Schoenberg

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good - 30 scoring shots.

That only happened four times over the past 4 seasons.

vs North (R15 '22) 17.13 (against the 2 win wooden spooners)
vs North (R23 '21) 13.20 (the one they were tanking way harder than us)
vs Sydney (R2 '21) 11.22 (inaccuracy in Sydney again? We were leading that game early too. Maybe they put something in our water...)
vs Gold Coast (R17 '19) 23.13 (when they still hadn't beaten us before)

Come now, Tyler Brown had 1 disposal a handball, 0 effective disposals, 5 metres gained and 2 clangers according to footywire...that takes a very special kind of player ...;)
So you’re critical of Hamish and Reid for bringing him in and for Nicks picking him, haters gotta hate.

Who would you replace him with this week? Any other changes?

Agree, tackle and pressure out of the center bounce require effort only and strangely both Laird and Berry went missing.
As I've said before, Walsh always said ground ball was your effort stat because it's not something that takes talent to win. It's why he was so PO'd that game when he set them the task of winning it and they didn't, so he made them do a 6am session down at the beach the next day. Set the standard, then set this is what happens when you don't meet it.

OK, so Laird has publicly said the heat got to him & his legs couldn't move .....I'm sure the mid-field coach & others saw that clearly ......so my question is, why did they persist, rather than bring Keays up into the midfield ......we needed his energy

Laird and Berry last year averaged 19 tackles a match between them .....on Sunday, they had a total of 3 tackles between them 🤮

There's a time, when Tex's bad outweighs his good ......gee he makes poor decisions regularly .....game turning bad decisions

OK, so Laird has publicly said the heat got to him & his legs couldn't move .....I'm sure the mid-field coach & others saw that clearly ......so my question is, why did they persist, rather than bring Keays up into the midfield ......we needed his energy

Laird and Berry last year averaged 19 tackles a match between them .....on Sunday, they had a total of 3 tackles between them 🤮

There's a time, when Tex's bad outweighs his good ......gee he makes poor decisions regularly .....game turning bad decisions
Agree about Laird and Keays but that was a bullshit free against Tex

Inanimate carbon rod style coaching.

Our midfield genuinely sucks - we need a good 4 class onballers in there before we get anywhere. I'd stick Keays back in there for now tbh as a stop gap.
Disagree. The Midfield had a very bad day. A midfield of Laird, Berry, Soligo, Rachele, Pedlar is actually pretty good once they hit 50 games. Rachele could be elite and Soligo, Berry add Pedlar are young and should only get better. Our problem is our s**t Ruck and poor setups by VB. ROB taps it all over the place so good luck rucking to that disaster. VB clearly doesn't have a clue how to structure our midfield but that is exacerbated by ROB. Get ROB out and our midfield will improve. I would Ruck Berg, Thilthorpe and Murray.

We do need to trade in a tall explosive mid end of year. They should trade ROB and pay some of his salary if we have too. Draper would be a good target if he wants to come home.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree. The Midfield had a very bad day. A midfield of Laird, Berry, Soligo, Rachele, Pedlar is actually pretty good once they hit 50 games. Rachele could be elite and Soligo, Berry add Pedlar are young and should only get better. Our problem is our s**t Ruck and poor setups by VB. ROB taps it all over the place so good luck rucking to that disaster. VB clearly doesn't have a clue how to structure our midfield but that is exacerbated by ROB. Get ROB out and our midfield will improve. I would Ruck Berg, Thilthorpe and Murray.

We do need to trade in a tall explosive mid end of year. They should trade ROB and pay some of his salary if we have too. Draper would be a good target if he wants to come home.
Once Laird moves back to the backline (needs to happen around 2025/26) - Rachele/Soligo/Berry/Pedlar and one more taller player (either a bull or a Pendles-like classy type) should be a really good midfield

I agree with what we need. ROB wasn't as bad as some were making him out to be on Sunday, but he's still not someone we should consider a long-term lock, especially if Thilthorpe keeps improving (I'd still love for him to become our long-term CHF, but if he ends up better as a ruck, so be it). VB is my coach whipping boy, and has been for over a year now - our structures look hopeless at times, teams can tend to run over the top of us at the CBAs in a matter of minutes. If this trend continues for this year, I'd be getting rid of him ASAP

uuumm we Carlton??

I'm confused.

My main criticism of the club more than Tex is he said publically that as you get older you looked after a bit more so had less game time in the preseason.

That was very evident with how he played against GWS, probably wasn't the difference but the club decided he could go in underdone in round 1 and it backfired.

I'm happy to manage him as the club has declared but it can't be at the expense of performance. Different if we were going to play finals.

My main criticism of the club more than Tex is he said publically that as you get older you looked after a bit more so had less game time in the preseason.

That was very evident with how he played against GWS, probably wasn't the difference but the club decided he could go in underdone in round 1 and it backfired.

I'm happy to manage him as the club has declared but it can't be at the expense of performance. Different if we were going to play finals.
I'm happy for Tex to take the opposition #1 Defender ....which helps Thilthorpe / Fogs ....and Tex does some plays in game, that is exhilarating to watch

How many times does Tex have a brain fade, for an experienced player ......taking marks on the HF flank, turning inwards and grubbing a kick to turnover heaven for oppo teams .....or plays on when the correct play is to settle

Why isn't Laird leading that though? Surely he's not providing that info to the coaches and they're refusing to make a move. Just another example of senior players playing injured or hanging onto the high ranking roles for dear life.

I wouldnt put it past our stellar coaching crew to say "a 70% Laird is still better than a sub 50 gamer".

And swapping Keays into Lairds role couldn't happen as the coaching crew have already assigned the best 22 their positions for the season.

Back