• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Lachie Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny, I don't see any mongrel at all in Keane. He looks like a percentage player who makes few mistakes and makes every disposal count, but I don't see him initiate contact too much.
What?.. This bloke?…
A528D85F-CF04-4966-8B48-7DD5A11DFC5B.jpeg
No mongrel?..

Irish?….. tick
red hair?…. tick
plays hurling?… tick
plays Gaelic football?… tick
loves a fight?…. What Irish bloodnut have you ever met that doesn’t?

i’m telling you.. he‘s got mongrel and won’t ever back down. He tackled Fog in the preseason and fog swung an elbow into him in frustration.. Keane chased after him and was ready to go on with it. he clearly wasn't intimidated in the slightest by Fog and fogs got plenty of mongrel.

What?.. This bloke?…
View attachment 1677166
No mongrel?..

Irish?….. tick
red hair?…. tick
plays hurling?… tick
plays Gaelic football?… tick
loves a fight?…. What Irish bloodnut have you ever met that doesn’t?

i’m telling you.. he‘s got mongrel and won’t ever back down. He tackled Fog in the preseason and fog swung an elbow into him in frustration.. Keane chased after him and was ready to go on with it. he clearly wasn't intimidated in the slightest by Fog and fogs got plenty of mongrel.

I got a feeling pairing him with Murray would make Murray the passive one...and that's saying something since Murray is the Crows version of the old Australian aircraft carrier HMAS Melbourne.

I got a feeling pairing him with Murray would make Murray the passive one...and that's saying someone since Murray is the Crows version of the old Australian aircraft carrier HMAS Melbourne.
I reckon those two would be lads you wouldn't mind having your back in a pub fight!..

A huge red headed irishman and a massive Aussie country boy thats half mad…

I reckon those two would be lads you wouldn't mind having your back in a pub fight!..

A huge red headed irishman and a massive Aussie country boy thats half mad…

Back? I reckon they'd front a few too.

All elbows, knees, fists, shoulders and hips flailing every which way. It would be a sight!

Put Keane on down back and send Murray to Stewart. Tex and Fog can standby when the inevitable all in brawl eventuates.

Good: Our defence held up against a tidal wave in the last quarter, Thilthorpe and O'Briens marking.
Collingwood are a very very good football side, they pushed back hard on us and hurt our ball movement as we did theirs
Our pressure when they got through to the middle of the ground and our ability to turn it over after they got out was fantastic.
We can stand up to high pressure, scrappy, foiling tactics fairly well.

Bad:
wasting a good performance (although error riddled) on a loss is frustrating BUT if you see this as a year we just miss/scrape into finals its not a horrible loss, just really really frustrating.
That was a ned mchenry game, should have played.
Watching Milera play makes you want throw your controller at the TV, even though you are at the game and not playing XBOX.

Ugly:
Our last quarter was really ugly, midfield got smashed. Brutally bad kicking all over the field, not just for goal.
Fogarty not giving away a free for that contest was crazy.
I kinda wish the umpire gave a high free in the goal square, we might have gotten a centre clearance and goal, who knows :D

Questions must be asked about VB as our midfield coach, terrible tactically.

ROB - that level of ruck dominance, for such a dismal return, is unacceptable. Yes, he was great around the ground, but to be beaten in basically every rucking metric except raw hitouts, by part time rucks, is not good enough.

Questions must be asked about VB as our midfield coach, terrible tactically.

ROB - that level of ruck dominance, for such a dismal return, is unacceptable. Yes, he was great around the ground, but to be beaten in basically every rucking metric except raw hitouts, by part time rucks, is not good enough.

I seriously dont understand what VB ads.

I am not the greatest analyst but he seems a minus and a yes man. I mean he could have said to Nicks "why the f are u subbing Soligo" ...but no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nevertheless .. a collection of minds. Does one not say wtf are u doing??
When was the last time a fit player with 25 possessions was subbed out.

Would have to be a first - a player that was having a good game gets subbed.

It’s almost like the coaches panicked and reverted to type - ie not having any faith in the youngsters and over relying on the old guys. Further evidenced by CBAs in the last quarter.

It’s almost like the coaches panicked and reverted to type - ie not having any faith in the youngsters and over relying on the old guys. Further evidenced by CBAs in the last quarter.

Hoping he gets 1 Brownlow vote. Oh please. Unlikely but oh please.

There's no "almost like", the coaches did panic and revert to what they know best. Pathetic.

Sooner Nicks goes the better, I hope we don't hold on to him for too long and waste seasons.

There are so many things wrong with this, it’s not just one error of judgement.

The decision to plan burn him out to sub him to take away any flexibility with the sub.
To stick with the plan despite how well he was playing and not thinking there might have been better options.
Subbing a player playing well.

Fuxking amateur hour.

Nicks has many good qualities but he needs to stop making dumb stupid decisions. The players will lose confidence in him eventually

There are so many things wrong with this, it’s not just one error of judgement.

The decision to plan burn him out to sub him to take away any flexibility with the sub.
To stick with the plan despite how well he was playing and not thinking there might have been better options.
Subbing a player playing well.

Fuxking amateur hour.

Nicks has many good qualities but he needs to stop making dumb stupid decisions. The players will lose confidence in him eventually
It just reiterates to me that some coaches don’t have a feel for the game no flexibility

I seriously dont understand what VB ads.

I am not the greatest analyst but he seems a minus and a yes man. I mean he could have said to Nicks "why the f are u subbing Soligo" ...but no.
Nicks: “We know the Pies midfield are going to come hard at us in the last. Let’s counter that by moving our best midfielder out and put our 2nd best on the bench. What do you think VB?”

VB: “Good plan Nicksie. That’s why you’re the boss”

Just watched the last quarter again, agree 100% Milera should have been dropped as a result, he was shocking.

If he can't use the footy effectively under pressure, he'll be a liability when we play finals again.
It makes no sense. We have better options. There's gotta be some pressure to play him based on his contract and the limited return the club has received for it.

It makes no sense. We have better options. There's gotta be some pressure to play him based on his contract and the limited return the club has received for it.
It makes sense when you realise this club has had a clear set in stone quota when it comes to selection each week..

There is clearly a set figure on the max amount of young players they are willing to select and play each week.. and a minimum amount of older players (guys 24 and over)..

And the club is so fxxkn stubborn and set in its ways that they refuse to change that..

Experience will always trump form when it comes to ensuring the selection team is sticking to the quota.

They will continue to select guys like Milera because he’s an “older” head. Even if there was two thousand young players lined up behind him knocking the door down with far better form they will still pick Wayne because he’s got experience.

Its exactly the same reason MOOkay was selected week in week out for between 2018-2021 even though there were younger, more exciting, and in far better form, players ready to come in.

The quota doesnt allow it.

It just reiterates to me that some coaches don’t have a feel for the game no flexibility
Yeah there’s flexibility, nicks talked about them preseason discussing the need to rest walker throughout the year, but now we are going better than expected it’s tempting to have a crack at geelong on their home deck

We can be flexible. 😆

Back