• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Lachie Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It makes sense when you realise this club has had a clear set in stone quota when it comes to selection each week..

There is clearly a set figure on the max amount of young players they are willing to select and play each week.. and a minimum amount of older players (guys 24 and over)..

And the club is so fxxkn stubborn and set in its ways that they refuse to change that..

Experience will always trump form when it comes to ensuring the selection team is sticking to the quota.

They will continue to select guys like Milera because he’s an “older” head. Even if there was two thousand young players lined up behind him knocking the door down with far better form they will still pick Wayne because he’s got experience.

Its exactly the same reason MOOkay was selected week in week out for between 2018-2021 even though there were younger, more exciting, and in far better form, players ready to come in.

The quota doesnt allow it.

Clarkson pretty much said the same thing earlier in the week. He has a certain amount of kids he is happy to play and the rest he wants to use experienced players - even if he carries them a bit, to use the bigger bodies to protect the younger players.
He also added there was a tipping point though if performances were too bad where he might go younger
We are obviously through that part of our rebuild but interesting he has the same philosophy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Clarkson pretty much said the same thing earlier in the week. He has a certain amount of kids he is happy to play and the rest he wants to use experienced players - even if he carries them a bit, to use the bigger bodies to protect the younger players.
He also added there was a tipping point though if performances were too bad where he might go younger
We are obviously through that part of our rebuild but interesting he has the same philosophy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I dont know that Clarkson would put up with a performace like we saw from Milera though..

Especially if he had Parnell, mcpherson, Nankervis, cook and even worrell all who played pretty decent games in the SANFL last weekend and that could come in and play that HB/defensive role..

Reckon Clarko would’ve tapped Wayne on the shoulder and told him to go back to the SANFL and find some consistent form..

I dont know that Clarkson would put up with a performace like we saw from Milera though..

Especially if he had Parnell, mcpherson, Nankervis, cook and even worrell all who played pretty decent games in the SANFL last weekend and that could come in and play that HB/defensive role..

Reckon Clarko would’ve tapped Wayne on the shoulder and told him to go back to the SANFL and find some consistent form..
Clarko has been putting up with the dreadful performances of Cunnington all year

Clarko has been putting up with the dreadful performances of Cunnington all year
But..

Has he got anyone in much better, more consistent form, in the seconds to replace Cunnington with though?..

We have about 3-4 decent options we can chose from to replace milera..

But..

Has he got anyone in much better, more consistent form, in the seconds to replace Cunnington with though?..

We have about 3-4 decent options we can chose from to replace milera..
Who were our options though .....Parnell & Worrell working back into form, after injury

I expect Parnell to be the Sub this week ....I agree though, Milera isn't doing anywhere enough .....coasting

Who were our options though .....Parnell & Worrell working back into form, after injury

I expect Parnell to be the Sub this week ....I agree though, Milera isn't doing anywhere enough .....coasting
Parnell was pretty bloody good in the SANFL last weekend..

Wouldve bought him in for Milera.

Worrell was good too but given how little game time he’s had this year and his interupted preseason, before he even did his hammy in the freo trial match, I think they’ll hold him back in the SANFL for a few weeks to get him match fit..

Milera needs to go and prove his form for an entire month in the SANFL IMO..

I reckon Parnell will be in the side for Milera within the next 3 games.

Concern there is the temptation to put Dawson down back.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

There are so many things wrong with this, it’s not just one error of judgement.

The decision to plan burn him out to sub him to take away any flexibility with the sub.
To stick with the plan despite how well he was playing and not thinking there might have been better options.
Subbing a player playing well.

Fuxking amateur hour.

Nicks has many good qualities but he needs to stop making dumb stupid decisions. The players will lose confidence in him eventually
Tendency to outsmart himself imo.

Yep called for that in last weeks changes thread. With Fogarty and Walker being used as decoys as they would get owned by the Pies intercept game.

I'm surprised at your high rating of Rankine though, I thought he was too often not in a position to get dangerous at the feet of the pack. His outside game was ok, but outside doesnt get it done against the Pies defense when the heat is on.

Gees a bit tough on Pedlar, 2.2 from 13 touches with 7 score involvements given the role he plays is a good game.

Swap the Pedlar & Rankine ranking & I think the post is about right.

This is why Pedlar was just OK, despite what could have been a dominant night. I'm pretty damning of mistakes. Pedlar cost 2 goals with blazing from 60, and missing from 30. He was also a little sloppy in traffic sometimes. Most of his rest was good or better.

Usual caveats: You know I love Pedlar, and am not having a go. As someone else said, he's gonna rip a game apart one day really soon (and then keep doing it we hope). He was close but ended up an "almost" game, and the mistakes held his game back.

1) Terrible
2) - too hard to judge harshly on that
3) Good
4) Terrible
5) Bad
6) Great, his best play of the night
7) Good
8) - fine
9) Good (Smithers gets a Great for such a beautiful pass)
10) Good
11) - too hard to judge harshly on that
12) - borderline Good, but just fine in the end
13) Good
14) - soft free, bad kick

2 Terrible * -3 = -6
1 Bad * -1 = -1
5 Good * 1 = 5
1 Great * 3 = 3
Total: 1 point

Compared to Rankine. He cost 1 absolute howler, but also set up a bunch of other people who should have finished off. He also had some of the cleanest ball in traffic. Was beautiful.

1) Great obviously
2) Bad, waste of 50m
3) - borderline Good little intercept
4) Good, Soligo should have finished
5) Great. Perfect kick, forget what the commentators said. Any of our other forwards would have marked that. Tex doesn't trust his pace any more, should have just run straight to the ball drop.
6) Good - creating opportunities out of nothing needs recognition. Nearly Great
7) - He meant that, could almost be Good
8) Good - tricky little look away
9) Good - lovely, swift, perfect decision & execution
10) Terrible 🤦
11) - Almost
12) -
13) - Almost
14) Great - was this the best in traffic execution of the night? Definitely was best of Q4 when everybody else was bombing to the boundary line.
15) Good - What a perfect handball under the toughest pressure, gave Rachele a chance

1 Terrible * -3 = -3
1 Bad * -1 = -1
5 Good * 1 = 5
3 Great * 3 = 9
Total: 10 points

This is why Pedlar was just OK, despite what could have been a dominant night. I'm pretty damning of mistakes. Pedlar cost 2 goals with blazing from 60, and missing from 30. He was also a little sloppy in traffic sometimes. Most of his rest was good or better.

Usual caveats: You know I love Pedlar, and am not having a go. As someone else said, he's gonna rip a game apart one day really soon (and then keep doing it we hope). He was close but ended up an "almost" game, and the mistakes held his game back.

1) Terrible
2) - too hard to judge harshly on that
3) Good
4) Terrible
5) Bad
6) Great, his best play of the night
7) Good
8) - fine
9) Good (Smithers gets a Great for such a beautiful pass)
10) Good
11) - too hard to judge harshly on that
12) - borderline Good, but just fine in the end
13) Good
14) - soft free, bad kick

2 Terrible * -3 = -6
1 Bad * -1 = -1
5 Good * 1 = 5
1 Great * 3 = 3
Total: 1 point

Compared to Rankine. He cost 1 absolute howler, but also set up a bunch of other people who should have finished off. He also had some of the cleanest ball in traffic. Was beautiful.

1) Great obviously
2) Bad, waste of 50m
3) - borderline Good little intercept
4) Good, Soligo should have finished
5) Great. Perfect kick, forget what the commentators said. Any of our other forwards would have marked that. Tex doesn't trust his pace any more, should have just run straight to the ball drop.
6) Good - creating opportunities out of nothing needs recognition. Nearly Great
7) - He meant that, could almost be Good
8) Good - tricky little look away
9) Good - lovely, swift, perfect decision & execution
10) Terrible 🤦
11) - Almost
12) -
13) - Almost
14) Great - was this the best in traffic execution of the night? Definitely was best of Q4 when everybody else was bombing to the boundary line.
15) Good - What a perfect handball under the toughest pressure, gave Rachele a chance

1 Terrible * -3 = -3
1 Bad * -1 = -1
5 Good * 1 = 5
3 Great * 3 = 9
Total: 10 points

Vids don't seem to load for me. I wasn't referring to Rankine's game where he was around the contest, I was alluding to the number of times that he wasn't anywhere near it to get dangerous.

Tendency to outsmart himself imo.
He's got a Murphy sized blindspot

Lachie Murphy isn't a bad player but everyone can see he's battler and was having minimal impact on the game. Our coaches fall in love with players like that though and it's proven to be a doomed affair over and over again.

Lachie Murphy isn't a bad player but everyone can see he's battler and was having minimal impact on the game. Our coaches fall in love with players like that though and it's proven to be a doomed affair over and over again.
Nicks likes a battling underdog tryer. Probably because that's the type of player he was I suspect. I would rather Parnell and Nankervis in over Milera and Murphy as they have a lot more upside but Nick's will come to that conclusion in his own time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give it up FFS, apart from a couple of shimmies and clever sidesteps the 2023 version of Milera has been majorly underwhelming and that's putting it mildly.

He needs to go back to the SANFL for a block of games and sort his s**t out big time before he plays another AFL game. There are a number of players more worthy of his spot currently running around in the SANFL.

Had one contested possession. 13 disposal, 5 were uncontested marks and 4 kick ins. Just about anybody on our list could play that role and deliver similar output.

Sounds like he was a good candidate to get subbed off.

Completely nullified Tex in our forward 50 ruck contests, kicked a handy goal and provided a contest to ROB. Thought he was decent, and thought it was completely cringe anyone booed him other than his shot at goal. It’s not like he was getting games here and ****ed us over. And trust me I will boo some players to oblivion, Billy didn’t deserve it.

I watched Billy tonight b/s the swans and I truly wanted him to succeed but jeez if he doesn’t want to end up at maccas he should be trying his guts out. Would have to be the laziest footballer going around. Plays brooze free footy just doesn’t get in and get dirty,doesn’t run after the footy and try to make position just plain lazy . For someone that needs to make every post a winner never see anything like it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I watched Billy tonight b/s the swans and I truly wanted him to succeed but jeez if he doesn’t want to end up at maccas he should be trying his guts out. Would have to be the laziest footballer going around. Plays brooze free footy just doesn’t get in and get dirty,doesn’t run after the footy and try to make position just plain lazy . For someone that needs to make every post a winner never see anything like it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He'll be able to buy a Macca franchise with the amount of money he made from the 3 AFL clubs.

Back