Analysis Good, Bad, Ugly v Port Adelaide Round 8 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The entire football department, and most of the administration was turfed, plus a lot of the list. I expect changes in recruitment and list management soon. Do you want a personal phone call from the club or?
They are fixing everything other than Roo, Reid and Ogilvie. Its equivalent to a grand prix team replacing the tyres when the engine is ****ed. It doesn't matter how good our coaching and fitness staff are if we can't get talent in the door.

Our clearance tactics at the moment seem to be simply: win ball, handball to under pressure team mate, handball to under pressure team mate, handball to under pressure team mate, hack kick forward... Hope.
Yep, and don't forget the pirouetted, dinky-ballet blind handballs to nowhere :grimacing: :mad:.
I thought the game changed when Berry missed that gettable goal early in the 2nd quarter. He kicks that, maybe the team gets some passion and belief. A little while later, Schoenberg did one of those crappy handballs to nobody (whyOwhy??) on the boundary line on their RHF flank and they pounced to move another goal away from us.

Our clearance tactics at the moment seem to be simply: win ball, handball to under pressure team mate, handball to under pressure team mate, handball to under pressure team mate, hack kick forward... Hope.
That’s what happens when you’ve never bothered to draft a proper midfielder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love that the bar set for Fog has changed from getting the ball and kicking goals, to merely just walking onto the field and being a “presence”.
9 disposals (plus a free kick earned by TT), playing mostly in the midfield, is pathetic. Never looked like getting near it when he moved forward, which is probably why he was so quick to grab the ball when TT couldn't take his kick.

I did like his bump on Houston - everything tucked in, and nothing high. Perfectly executed... but that was pretty much his only positive from the game.

They changed in to the prison bars to sing the song.

That actually happened.

I just actually laughed out loud at that. They're so delusional. The longer they do this, the longer they will continue to disrespect the jumper they won their actual AFL flag in. They really need to grow some brains and realise they will never, ever, EVER be wearing that jumper in the AFL.

Last edited:
The Good
My will to live being restored after seeing TT reappear on the field
Fog - there's a player there, just needs to get to more contests
Rowe's not completely done. Needs to stay in games for longer, but looked very good in the slip
Butts really, really tries.
Seedsman's improved output

The Bad
Forward mix was bad. Had a couple of height matchups that could have been exploited but our boys couldn't. Himmelberg especially.
Sholl, our best user, repeatedly no look clearing the ball 30 metres to nowhere
Our centre bounce mix
Doedee's talents being wasted in his current role
Berry's been thrown in too deep. He tries. And he'll be good. But being a second behind the play isn't good for his development. Needs to learn to take apart games in the 2s instead of develop out of his depth

The Ugly
The performative drivel that was Port's changing room
Tex. If he's not dominating, he's a liability. A bit like Dixon, his presence totally cramps the forward 50 and offers absolutely nothing defensively. Can rag on Marshall and Georgiades all we want, but they're far more selfless in the way they move/run - always decoy/dragging blokes to create space. We've got some heroes down there.

9 disposals (plus a free kick earned by TT), playing mostly in the midfield, is pathetic. Never looked like getting near it when he moved forward, which is probably why he was so quick to grab the ball when TT couldn't take his kick.

I did like his bump on Houston - everything tucked in, and nothing high. Perfectly executed... but that was pretty much his only positive from the game.
Nah his single, solitary clearance wasn't too bad either...:)

Lycett is a dumb thug.

But Ned should have known that.

If you're going to make a career out of being the mouthy antagonist, you've got to expect to be put on your arse every now then.

But not illegally sling tackled clear into next week. Lysett is a thug.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back