hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
What's annoying is that Keath and Greenwood strike me as hard working, professional types that you'd want around leading your young players.

And unlike the likes of Douglas and Mackay who we retained in preference they also play well.

Yeah they would have cost more but there's a reason
We flicked Dougy the same year we got rid of Keath and Greenwood.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I love the potential of Fog however I unfortunately do not see him making it at this level. Feels like he will forever be one of those "showed some signs" kind of players which is a shame as his kicking is so sweet and has some good aggression to his game.

Also surely it's time to see if that other ruck on our list is capable of playing as he couldn't offer us any less than Rob at the moment.

what seems very obvious to me, and has all along, is that Fog is as close an identical player to Tex as you could hope to get. How good would the first Wayne Carey have been if there was an exact duplicate playing alongside him? How good the second if the system is designed to play through the first? He's not a mid, he's reportedly only gotten his fitness to key forward levels this year. He needs to play to his strengths, which is as a lead up forward. I'm confident he'll have a good career, but I dobut it's going to be with us. But then I thought the same about Fish re-signing, so hopefully wrong @bout Fog too.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
We could also add that we continually play a structure that we know will not work. But let's do it anyway!!

On this point, can anyone explain this to me:

At F50 throw ins or ball ups, Tex takes the ruck work. Sure, ok. I wouldn't have him do it when you have an actual KPF that also rucks, but whatever.
The question is, why does ROB stand on the edge of the pack? He's not quick enough to provide any coverage should they win the contest. He's not able to get ball to boot quick enough should we win the ball and get it to him. So what is the point? He is literally standing in no mans land doing nothing.
We have done this all season. If it was happening in U12's you would wonder if the coach had any idea what they were doing!

Why isn't he standing a kick behind the play down the line? Wouldn't that be more effective?? It just seems so dumb.

I was going to start a thread on this. Is it dumb coaches or dumb players? These were my notes that I was going to post after watching the first half again. It's just so totally inept.

1AA2C2E4-BA1D-44F5-BAAF-1302602D73A1.png

Just on the FOgarty issue.

He's too skilled to be stuck in the SANFL, and if you play him there, he'll leave.
You need to find a role in the AFL side until Tex/Lynch move on.

Get his fitness up, and you can play him in that Lynch role. Though, we should probably be doing that while he's injured, but yano....

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I was going to start a thread on this. Is it dumb coaches or dumb players? These were my notes that I was going to post after watching the first half again. It's just so totally inept.

View attachment 1122835
I hope that frame got painted.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers

View attachment 1122835
It's clearly a coaching directive as it has been the set up consistently this season. It just makes no sense.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is the difficult one. Given last year - yes its a good call. But given his form this year you would have to a very brave coach to make that call

the coach is on record as saying he and others will need to be managed at some stage during the season. This week v west coast away is a perfect opportunity. I think Nicks probably believed what he was saying at the time but under pressure and staring at big defeats, I doubt he'll do it.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Next weeks game in the west, I hope they select O'Connor or at least let him travel with the team to see his family. Contingent on him not missing any footy though.
SANFL state game, no game for the 2s

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints

View attachment 1122835

I made a similar observation in the game day thread, it happened a number of times so must be a "coaching tactic".

There was a ball up on the outer side on the 50m arc, Tex did the ruck and Rob was standing on the edge of the centre square about 15m away on a 45 degree angle. Ridiculous positioning for a ruckman, it wasn't an accident as it kept on occuring.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
We could also add that we continually play a structure that we know will not work. But let's do it anyway!!

On this point, can anyone explain this to me:

At F50 throw ins or ball ups, Tex takes the ruck work. Sure, ok. I wouldn't have him do it when you have an actual KPF that also rucks, but whatever.
The question is, why does ROB stand on the edge of the pack? He's not quick enough to provide any coverage should they win the contest. He's not able to get ball to boot quick enough should we win the ball and get it to him. So what is the point? He is literally standing in no mans land doing nothing.
We have done this all season. If it was happening in U12's you would wonder if the coach had any idea what they were doing!

Why isn't he standing a kick behind the play down the line? Wouldn't that be more effective?? It just seems so dumb.
Another point of frustration for me is seeing Tex, Hberg and Tilthy within 5 metres of each other when the ball goes in.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SANFL state game, no game for the 2s
So it would be a good game to manage a few players to freshen them up & bring in a few sanfl players to give them continuity....

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I don't see in what role??
Laird, Keays, Sloane will be the inside mids.
Seedsman and Schoenberg the outside mids.
Berry a mix of both.
Reckon we need to rotate through the middle more. Get Keays and Sloane forward.

You picked Hately instead in your side, which I don't necessarily have an issue with but I'd rather see what ROC has.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
We just saw Port beat us with Travis Boak winning the medal having been managed the week before. I'm not sure we would have done the same, in fact I'm certain we wouldn't have

tex will make the trio to Perth to try and keep our loss less than 15 goals. Averaging 16 touches the first 6 games, 7 the last 2. But he's 100% fit though, no need to manage him at all.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Berry needs to be in the team but not as a forward because he is not a threat and whoever plays on him will run off the be third man up.
We need Talia back desperately, Butts looked off today and not himself. Maybe scared of Dixon or unwell but wasn’t playing his natural game.
we are in need of midfielders HF and HB players and we won’t be getting better this year. At least the Board, coach and recruiting know that, there is no hiding the facts.
Tex is now turning into a liability because he almost always gives a free away trying to wrestle, if this continues then we won’t win another game. He is a momentum killer

should we maybe play the next best KPD while we're awaiting Talia's return?

Back