Review Good/Bad/Ugly v Richmond (R2 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can only comment on what is reported, we're not inside the inner sanctum of the club. Someone who is, appears to be leaking information in an attempt to undermine him, surely it isn't the media making it all up. If he berated Lever like was reported, yet happily let Cameron go and welcomed Gibbs with open arms, it shows how hypocritical he is. Graham Cornes comments on 5aa didn't help.

Sample sizes has nothing to do with it, we just have different interpretations of what constitutes standing up in games when needed. You think him getting plenty of outside ball and pin pointing passes is him being inspirational, while the experts want him to hit some packs and intimidate the opposition.

Most of the Tigers looked flat from what little of the game I saw, would be curious to know if Cotchins migraine impacted him, but he won't admit it if it had.

Can't read too much into the game, it's only round 2. You guys got the pychological boost you need, but it will be interesting to see where we are at the half way mark of the year and how our different brands of footy are stacking upa gains our oppositions.
Going into the GF media “experts” were predicting Tex to have a big impact based off his history in big games. There wasn’t even a question mark going into it that the GF reaffirmed. Tex has also been man enough to address it and admit he was overcome on that 1 day. He’s not the 1st and won’t be the last to not adjust to the changes routine, build up and expectation of a GF. It’s why the saying you need to lose 1 to win 1 exists and more often than not a team who has been there before goes in as favorites.

Tex has also admitted he had strong words to lever when he told him but because of disappointment. There is nothing wrong with that. A lot of media reports were very clearly blown up and snowballing due to agendas and smelling blood in the water.

I don’t think G Cornes has a lot of credit these days. He walks the line of trying to stay relevant enough to keep a part time media gig and also backing up Kane’s narrative just enough to help feed his credibility (or whatever you call what he has).

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can only comment on what is reported, we're not inside the inner sanctum of the club. Someone who is, appears to be leaking information in an attempt to undermine him, surely it isn't the media making it all up. If he berated Lever like was reported, yet happily let Cameron go and welcomed Gibbs with open arms, it shows how hypocritical he is. Graham Cornes comments on 5aa didn't help.

Sample sizes has nothing to do with it, we just have different interpretations of what constitutes standing up in games when needed. You think him getting plenty of outside ball and pin pointing passes is him being inspirational, while the experts want him to hit some packs and intimidate the opposition.

Most of the Tigers looked flat from what little of the game I saw, would be curious to know if Cotchins migraine impacted him, but he won't admit it if it had.

Can't read too much into the game, it's only round 2. You guys got the pychological boost you need, but it will be interesting to see where we are at the half way mark of the year and how our different brands of footy are stacking upa gains our oppositions.

So you aren’t in the inner sanctum but here you’re making judgements about things said in the media as if they’re fact. Here’s an example of some media ‘facts’ said during the week. It was stated that Crows players were blindfolded and put on a bus. They actually said the blindfolds were on for 24 hours.

When the journalist who ‘broke’ the story was quizzed on this he then said that he couldn’t confirm that the players were blindfolded but he definately could confirm they were put on a bus......lol. Oh the torture of it all. Multiple players have come out and said the camp was the best thing they’ve ever done. If one player has leaked about the camp because they’re unhappy with it then I hope we find out who it is and dump that w***er from the club immediately. We don’t need soft players. But again, there is what you’d like to believe and there’s what really happened.

And here you’re making an excuse for your team and Cotchin but no excuses for Tex or the Crows when they lose of course.

How did you like playing away from home when the umpires didn’t make mystery calls in your favour? You lost by 36 points whereas we lost by 48 points on your home ground with ridiculously biased umpiring decisions going against us. But we’re supposedly s**t and our Captains s**t etc etc.

We beat you with no one left on the bench and Sloane and Talia struggling with injuries. Did Cotchin still have a headache several days after it was diagnosed? Wouldn’t have thought any responsible doctor would let him play if that was the case but you use a medical excuse for him anyway.......Cotchin has a history of disappearing in big games so I’m not surprised.

Graham Cornes? Please tell me you aren’t using him as a source for factual info. No one from the club tells Cornes anything. What did the old fart supposedly say?

Lever? What a beat up. Yes supposedly said this or that but no one including Lever himself from the sanctuary of his new club has said anything about this supposed altercation. How do you know what Tex said to any of these players? You do realise that CC went home for family reasons don’t you? Lever left for a fat pay cheques that after two rounds has people scratching their heads as to how he’s worth it. But do go on even though as you say you aren’t in the inner sanctum.

Yep, when he took a mark and smiled and teeth clearly visible. He'd look frightening though with a missing tooth or two.

In before rumour of massive multi year deal with Collingwood...

Freewayflyer

Senior List
Aug 16, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

That is some really average evidence for labelling the bloke a hypocrite mate. And a lot of media crap you are buying in to there seemingly without much thought for yourself. Not unlike some of the crap that has previously been thrown around about Cotchin.

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
And here you’re making an excuse for your team and Cotchin but no excuses for Tex or the Crows when they lose of course.
No excuses, just said they looked flat, Jenkins was fantastic against Rance in the first half, not sure how he went in the 2nd.

How did you like playing away from home when the umpires didn’t make mystery calls in your favour? You lost by 36 points whereas we lost by 48 points on your home ground with ridiculously biased umpiring decisions going against us. But we’re supposedly s**t and our Captains s**t etc etc.
Can't blame the umpires for your loss, just like I can't for Thursday night. We were outplayed, and made silly mistakes which put the game beyond doubt instead of keeping it close. Frustrated with some calls, but there were a couple that went our way too.

We beat you with no one left on the bench and Sloane and Talia struggling with injuries. Did Cotchin still have a headache several days after it was diagnosed? Wouldn’t have thought any responsible doctor would let him play if that was the case but you use a medical excuse for him anyway.......Cotchin has a history of disappearing in big games so I’m not surprised.
Only said I would be curious to know if he was affected by it, he was always going to play. Medical staff would have tested him thoroughly to ensure he was fine to play. Cotchins history of going missing has more to do with not being supported and trying to do too much himself.

Graham Cornes? Please tell me you aren’t using him as a source for factual info. No one from the club tells Cornes anything. What did the old fart supposedly say?

Lever? What a beat up. Yes supposedly said this or that but no one including Lever himself from the sanctuary of his new club has said anything about this supposed altercation. How do you know what Tex said to any of these players? You do realise that CC went home for family reasons don’t you? Lever left for a fat pay cheques that after two rounds has people scratching their heads as to how he’s worth it. But do go on even though as you say you aren’t in the inner sanctum.

Of course I knew CC went home for family. Lever goes home to family as well, but you guys say he's chasing $$'s. Of course he is going to get more when he has a few Melbourne clubs bidding for his service, but this is ignored and he is reportedly only interested in $$s as it suits you guys in bad mouthing him leaving and all of a sudden he's a hack lol.

My comment about not being in the inner sanctum was to explain I am aware what is reported may not be factual, but I'm still going to comment on what is reported, just like you have, and will conitnue to. I doubt you would know exactly what was said and we probably heard the same comments made by Tex but drew completely different conclusions.

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
That is some really average evidence for labelling the bloke a hypocrite mate. And a lot of media crap you are buying in to there seemingly without much thought for yourself. Not unlike some of the crap that has previously been thrown around about Cotchin.
How do you figure? If he berates one guy for leaving yet happily lets another go and welcomes someone who requested to be traded to his club, it is hypocritical??

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
No excuses, just said they looked flat, Jenkins was fantastic against Rance in the first half, not sure how he went in the 2nd.

Can't blame the umpires for your loss, just like I can't for Thursday night. We were outplayed, and made silly mistakes which put the game beyond doubt instead of keeping it close. Frustrated with some calls, but there were a couple that went our way too.

Only said I would be curious to know if he was affected by it, he was always going to play. Medical staff would have tested him thoroughly to ensure he was fine to play. Cotchins history of going missing has more to do with not being supported and trying to do too much himself.

Of course I knew CC went home for family. Lever goes home to family as well, but you guys say he's chasing $$'s. Of course he is going to get more when he has a few Melbourne clubs bidding for his service, but this is ignored and he is reportedly only interested in $$s as it suits you guys in bad mouthing him leaving and all of a sudden he's a hack lol.

My comment about not being in the inner sanctum was to explain I am aware what is reported may not be factual, but I'm still going to comment on what is reported, just like you have, and will conitnue to. I doubt you would know exactly what was said and we probably heard the same comments made by Tex but drew completely different conclusions.

There is a ton of s**t Lever and his family did through the year to make it obvious he was going to go wherever the pay was biggest. Ever wonder why BT was constantly talking about how much Lever's contract was worth? Or how about him telling everyone he wants to stay, not planning on going anywhere, but then he's taking meetings with sides after we play them? There's nothing wrong with leaving for money, but when you go around lying to everyone about it and employ underhanded tactics, expect a few people at the club to be pissed off at you for it. Lever is a young guy and I think he's the type who is getting some bad advice from people close to him on how to handle things, he won't be the first or the last player that happens to, but they weren't just pissed at him because he wanted to leave, it's how he did it that annoyed everyone.

Finally watched the game properly so some thoughts

Good:

Murphy - Had some good moments throughout the game and seems very busy, which should bode well.
Milera - He looked excellent off the half back flank when he played there in the 3rd. He looked a tad lost when he played forward of the ball. Still though he was willing to get physical, put his head over the ball when he had to and created a fair few opportunities so a good game. If we play him off the half back primarily, he will break out shortly.
Greenwood - Best performance of his career so far.
Gibbs - Played a very good game.
Sloane - Was a big reason we won it in the 4th, played well
Jenkins - Was a very good performance, and belted Rance
Seedsman - Was very industrious, quickly becoming our go to outside midfielder
Laird - That was some leather poisoning.
Tex - Quiet but kicked 4 which is a good return.
Fogarty - I said this at the time, but some of the stuff he showed in that game takes 100k off Lynch's contract offer. This kid will be our number 1 forward for the next decade, and will make a hell of a pairing with McGovern.
Hartigan - Played very well defensively, not many horror moments with the ball and even when he spoils it straight at a teammate it ends up with the opposition.
Doedee - Classy, composed and a nice reminder why Lever was never worth 800k at Adelaide.
CEY - I said at the time he is depth only, but rewatching that game has made me think he may be able to find a spot in the bottom half of our lineup. His size is a weapon as a midfielder, and it definitely created a few moments against a hardened side.

Bad:
McGovern - Was a typical out of form match, unlucky but fluffed the few opportunities he had. I did like our move to push him behind the ball as a means to get him in the game though. Worth persisting with despite that seeing we need a firing McGovern.
Betts - Similar, in a form slump and it showed. Still I reckon he took his first steps to get out of it this week.
Atkins - Horribly out of form, and it's a dangerous time to be horribly out of form.

Ugly -
Crouch - Hopefully it's a minor strain, but i'm not a fan of this kid being injured.
Mackay - Pretty s**t concussion, and timed in a week where there isn't any standouts to replace him in the side.

Last edited:

Difference is Cameron was very open from the get go that going to Brisbane for family reasons was his main purpose, and everything was done rather quietly. Lever was openly gunning for as much money as possible from this contract from the get go (Changing reasons as to why he didn't sign, It was rumored that Lever gave Adelaide an ultimatum that he will stay if he is made the highest paid player in the side, actively meeting clubs mid season etc).

Freewayflyer

Senior List
Aug 16, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
How do you figure? If he berates one guy for leaving yet happily lets another go and welcomes someone who requested to be traded to his club, it is hypocritical??

If you are just using the media beat up and don’t know anything first hand then as I said I think it is pretty ordinary evidence to come here labelling him a hypocrite.

And even if you do have some knowledge I don’t, which is very possible, there is still the nuances of each trade that are pretty significant.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows

LOL

Did you hear the LEAVER the night we drafted him and his subsequent interviews in the following weeks after. All the bullshit he shovelled about how indebted he was to the Adelaide club for drafting him coming off a full knee reco when all the Victorian clubs overlooked him, how he'd be forever grateful for the opportunity we gave him and how he'd repay us for our faith. Then the first time he gets a decent offer he couldn't get out of here quick enough....family my ass, it was the $$$$'s. Nobody seriously said Lever was a hack but some of us did say he was a 3rd tall not a KPD....plenty of Melbourne supporters now saying the same.

Aug 13, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Has anyone ever sung “known as..”??
I think it's been sung "known as" twice, when recording the current track and when recording the midi version that came out a few weeks ago, that's it, not even the opera version that Trigg put out had "known as" in it. Despite this please don't re-record it, we've heard how that plays out (Richmond).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Lever recently spoke about being a one club player and said how much he loves the club. That changed suddenly when Melbourne offered him what is clearly a huge contract that isn’t a true reflection of his worth. Get your facts right. Not once did Lever show any desire to go home until suddenly wait what Melbourne is offering me how much??? After he left Rowie and Bicks said that off air he told them it was because of the money so don’t talk crap. The fact his family is in Melbourne doesn’t mean he left because he was suddenly homesick.

You say you’re not using it as an excuse for Cotchin nd yet you brought it up and said ‘I wonder if his headache was effecting him’. So you’ve brought it up but you’re not using it as an excuse? Again, no medical professional would let him play if he was suffering from a headache. You’re being extremely disingenuous and you know it. He has no excuse, he played poorly in a big game.

I can comment on things that I don’t know are factual too. It’s called making s**t up.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
This is just not correct, all we've said is hes not a key position player and hes rubbish 1v1, which was shown here and is showing up at melbourne. He is a great intercept player though.

+1

As a punter I’m furious at myself for not recognising the big advantage that Richmond had due to these things. I should’ve cleaned up on the Grand Final but I went into the game overconfident. If we’d barely scraped by Geelong it would’ve been better for us as I think we would’ve felt far more mortal.

+1

This.

Coupled with the fact that behind closed doors, the players were mentally cooked didnt help either.

n4sir

Team Captain
Feb 23, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Miami Dolphins
I must admit I'm totally confused about CEY as a player. Makes some horrendous mistakes than took 3 or so really courageous intercept marks at crucial times.

I find CEY is a bit of an enigma, still a work in progress - to be honest I am a little surprised so many have given up on him: when he was first on the list he seemed to be universally recognised as very raw with potential, a few years ago he did very well under Phil Walsh until he was replaced by Thommo, and did extremely well in the SANFL the following year before blowing out his knee.

He has size, strength, gut running and sheer athleticism that you just can't teach, plus he can find the ball and is a pretty decent kick. He makes mistakes, but the big ones on Thursday night were instinctive mistakes without looking - when he examined his options he delivered the ball beautifully, like that long pinpoint kick from defence in the last quarter that opened up the whole forward line on the spread. I find stuff like that is too positive to ignore, and while Brad Crouch is out he is defintely worth keeping in to see if he can eliminate the turnovers and blossom into a powerful mid.

I said to a mate Thursday night at the game CEY should be encouraged to think about his options before disposing of the ball, but Hampton should be encouraged to do the exact opposite and just play on/go by instinct - he gets in trouble thinking too much and not being selfish, like against Essendon not going for the goal and handballing off to Seedsman to take the flying shot, then bailing out of the mark when Jenkins was in the vicinity. Compare that to Sloane who Thursday night from the angle in the pocket had no thought of giving the ball off, or Fog or Tex for that matter when they think they are in range after a mark. Eddie has got to start doing that too for that matter, he just needs a goal to break the drought right now and release the pressure, the rest will sort itself out.

CEY certainly has earned his spot a lot more than Atkins who has been a massive disapointment so far this year - Rat is player who feeds off his own confidence, and that confidence seems to have been shot sometime late last year. A spot in the SANFL can't be too far away unless the injuries keep mounting.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Difference is Cameron was very open from the get go that going to Brisbane for family reasons was his main purpose, and everything was done rather quietly. Lever was openly gunning for as much money as possible from this contract from the get go (Changing reasons as to why he didn't sign, It was rumored that Lever gave Adelaide an ultimatum that he will stay if he is made the highest paid player in the side, actively meeting clubs mid season etc).
Tex also sacrificed some salary to help keep Lever apparently. Not sure if this was reversed after he left.

Also, having a read of an unnamed side (who may have gotten belted by North) good bad and ugly, this came up:

Ratten as head coach with Camporeale as senior assistant would be my dream.

Id also give Gary Ayres an open checkbook to come in as our VFL coach/head of development.

Dare I dream that another side may come in and poach him at the end of this season :rainbow:

Also, having a read of an unnamed side (who may have gotten belted by North) good bad and ugly, this came up:

Dare I dream that another side may come in and poach him at the end of this season :rainbow:
Yeah, because our midfield has been so s**t....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back