Review Good/Bad/Ugly v Richmond (R2 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to watching the game

Good:

Jenkins was immense in the first half. Ruck work was solid too.

Doodee so clean with the ball.

Murphy productive in attack.

Gibbs makes the opposition worry in the middle.

Milera is building. Looking forward to seeing him this weekend.

Fogarty needs to play all year. Watch him shine. Heard someone use Pav as a comparison I think that's the best one I've heard.

Seedsman is a handy player. Can see him dominating a game this year.

Bad:

Atkins was absolutely deplorable.

McGovern still rusty.

Mackay was dreadful before being knocked out. Tied with Atkins for WOG.

I think they have injuries. Either that or they wrongly believed that Lever is a good 1v1 defender. They mentioned he has been working on that in the off-season but it doesn't seem to be paying off.
Kind of.

They wanted to play McDonald forward but he got injured. Given Hogans start to the year they may not need to, but Tom is miles off a return.

Fogarty needs to play all year. Watch him shine. Heard someone use Pav as a comparison I think that's the best one I've heard.
I recall the same comments on McGovern and he got to play every game in 2016. There were times he should have been dropped but the coaching group persisted.

Mackay was dreadful before being knocked out. .
Can you tell me what his disposals and DE% were?

I think they have injuries. Either that or they wrongly believed that Lever is a good 1v1 defender. They mentioned he has been working on that in the off-season but it doesn't seem to be paying off.
McDonald and Frost aren't playing, when one of them returns they'll probably try and go back to Lever being 3rd man, though Frost isn't a good 1-1 defender either.

McDonald and Frost aren't playing, when one of them returns they'll probably try and go back to Lever being 3rd man, though Frost isn't a good 1-1 defender either.
Will Goodwin though, seemed to be his preference was for Tom McDonald to play up forward where he looked pretty good.

Amazing that Richmond only had two players in the top 15 disposals Thursday night.
Martin at 8th and Edwards at 14th.
:0

I wasn't going to comment on your rubbish first post, lest you were encouraged, until you tried to defend it:
just said they looked flat
Flat, after a day's less rest than us?
Mate they looked flat because they were being beaten.
made silly mistakes which put the game beyond doubt instead of keeping it close
More excuses. Those "silly mistakes" were a product of Crows pressure and better footy.

It was pretty average last year.
o_O
Proof positive of your consistent misunderstanding, caught by jenny61_99
Say what now? o_O
which you proved further by an absolutely laughable defence and an unnecessary insult:
1) You really haven't followed football for a good long while, have you?
2) Adelaide midfield was somewhere between average/above average (once Greenwood fired) last season. Carried by arguably one of the premier forward lines the league has seen.
1) yes, she has.
2) Our Club Champion played in the --- can you guess it? --- midfield. Where do you think the premier forward line gets its supply from? Think carefully, or even once, before you respond.

Okay, I try my hardest to ignore the ‘standard AFL nuffy’ on social media, commenting on things that they obviously have no idea about, but when it comes to Tex being labelled a “hypocrite” for the whole Gibbs/Lever scenario, that is possibly one of my BIGGEST gripes of all time.

Let’s compare the two scenarios shall we?

- Lever comes to club, spouting all this s**t about how happy he is that adelaide gave him the chance, wants to repay the club, wants to captain the club one day
- Lever’s Dad has huge whinge about his poor, little son having to play a couple of SANFL game in a hamstring recovery.
- Lever’s father teams up with BT to start shopping around his son, even behind his player manager’s back.
- Lever lies about meeting with Melbourne.
- All this selfishness and lies creates a small rift and uncomfortable feeling around the club right in the middle of our first genuine flag chance in years.

- Despite all this f**kery, still wants to be made the highest paid player of the club. How does go and get ****ed sound?

Meanwhile there’s Tex, who has been through hell and back with misfortunes that the club has been through, takes a pay cut to try and keep the same group together.

There’s also Gibbs, who was “open to the chance to come home if the opportunity arose”. Like any professional club does, nothing was said previous to this until trade period. We failed the first time round. Again nothing was said or no drama made about it, and we were successful the second time round.

The Gibbs/Cameron and Lever trades could not be more different if they tried. There is no comparison whatsoever in the way each scenario unfolded.

People labelling Tex as a hypocritical, self-righteous “bully” honestly have no clue. The captain of a footy club takes a pay cut for the greater good, and yet some pretentious 3rd year player and his flog family create a whole bunch of drama, and then pisses off when he isn’t made the highest paid player of the club.

But **** Tex right?
Fantastic post :thumbsu:, but your target has all ready proved he won't get it.

o_O
Proof positive of your consistent misunderstanding, caught by jenny61_99

which you proved further by an absolutely laughable defence and an unnecessary insult:

1) yes, she has.
2) Our Club Champion played in the --- can you guess it? --- midfield. Where do you think the premier forward line gets its supply from? Think carefully, or even once, before you respond.

Jesus. If you’re aligning yourself with someone who famously has no idea about the game itself then it says plenty about your knowledge too

Mind you, someone with zero knowledge of syntax and grammer who claims to have been a year 12 English teacher probably has a tenuous grip on reality at the best of times ;) :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus. If you’re aligning yourself with someone who famously has no idea about the game itself then it says plenty about your knowledge too

Mind you, someone with zero knowledge of syntax and grammer who claims to have been a year 12 English teacher probably has a tenuous grip on reality at the best of times ;) :p

This has to be ironic, doesn't it? I can't see you misspelling here. ;)

Coming to a Forum near you, The Return of Darth Sanders.

Not "Jesus".
Crowbloke.

Nevertheless, kudos for attempting two insults for the price of one, there. Not easy to do. However, I said nothing at all about her "knowledge of football". The phrase in question was "followed football", but you'll turn any phrase into anything to suit your negative agenda.
1) someone with zero knowledge of syntax and grammer 2) who claims to have been a year 12 English teacher probably has a tenuous grip on reality at the best of times ;) :p
2) I knew enough to identify your laughable "grammer" and syntax-butchering like "contemplative thought" and "insubstantial drivel" --- did it feel goooood to use such! big!! words, back then? In fact, every chance you get?
Btw, there's no way that predictive text would have inserted "grammer". Predictive text substitutes correct spelling, not incorrect.
Here's my grip on reality --- you're as gormless as Golumless and just as credible.

Fantastic post :thumbsu:, but your target has all ready proved he won't get it.
No he won't, not when he's coming from a different place than you guys.

Easy for Tex to show loyalty when he doesn't have family in Mebourne or Perth for example. Being the Captain of a club also makes it harder to leave.

Tex - He talked up Gibbs as a character, as well as former North Melbourne midfielder Sam Gibson, who too joined the Crows.

“Sam Gibson and Bryce Gibbs, they don’t only bring talent, they bring hard work, leadership and great characters. So that’s what we like to get at our football club,” he said.

“I rate people with leadership and character."

Instead of taking the 'moral high ground', and wishing him well, he continues to dig the boots in.

Shows no class at all, and is why he is an easy taget.

Lever recently spoke about being a one club player and said how much he loves the club. That changed suddenly when Melbourne offered him what is clearly a huge contract that isn’t a true reflection of his worth. Get your facts right. Not once did Lever show any desire to go home until suddenly wait what Melbourne is offering me how much??? After he left Rowie and Bicks said that off air he told them it was because of the money so don’t talk crap. The fact his family is in Melbourne doesn’t mean he left because he was suddenly homesick.
So him telling the club 6 weeks out he was leaving is not good enough? The system is there, you guys really need to accept it.

We went though it with Dusty, and for whatever his reasons, he decided to stay. Lever, probably similar to Darrren Gaspar, decided to leave for his reasons. We'll speculate all day there is a culture which isn't as strong as is made out because we're not Crows and we love giving it to you guys, and you'll continue to defend Tex and say he was only chasing money and get angry because you're a Crow.

You say you’re not using it as an excuse for Cotchin nd yet you brought it up and said ‘I wonder if his headache was effecting him’. So you’ve brought it up but you’re not using it as an excuse? Again, no medical professional would let him play if he was suffering from a headache. You’re being extremely disingenuous and you know it. He has no excuse, he played poorly in a big game.
Yes he did play poorly. By questioning if he's migraine contributed to he's performance, is not being disingenuous or making excuses but merely asking a question. He took the field and by doing so was saying he's 100%. If he wasn't, he shouldn't have played, there are no excuses, unlike your constant berating of the umpires during the GF.

1) No he won't, not when he's coming from a different place than you guys.
2) Shows no class at all, and is why he is an easy taget.
1) Logic is independent of Geography. You won't get it because logic doesn't register with you, you don't get it, regardless of where you live.
2) Tex has been voted by his peers as the best AFL Captain 2016-17.
Pretty classy accolade, I'd say. You envious, much? ;)

1) Logic is independent of Geography. You won't get it because logic doesn't register with you, you don't get it, regardless of where you live.
2) Tex has been voted by his peers as the best AFL Captain 2016-17.
Pretty classy accolade, I'd say. You envious, much? ;)
1) Yes and No, I was talking more about mindset than geography
2) Shows what footballers know about football lol

Watching Cotchin each week, yes, I feel he was a better Captain, turning his performance around and helping his team mates through the year, to lead them to a premiership is something very difficult for anyone to do. I was more amazed he didn't poll top 5 from memory, but like I said, show's what players know about football!! lol

At least he was rewarded with a Premiership medal.

to lead them to a premiership is something very difficult for anyone to do.

Made a lot easier when you don’t get suspended for a bump that would get you suspended any other time during the year

But just shows you what supporters know about football

lol

We went though it with Dusty, and for whatever his reasons, he decided to stay.
Whatever his reasons??? Here's Lever and Dusty singing their theme song:

Even if $s weren't the motivation, no way was Dusty going to NM where his fans' adulation would have been much less.

unlike your constant berating of the umpires during the GF.
Yes, and this is why --- it's ALL there, example after example of your mob benefitting from the Umpires in the GF:

Check out 0.34, Lever being held down in the marking contest, no free.
Check out 1.37, the Rioli dive, Richmond gets free.
Check out 3.28, Betts held by the arm in the goalsquare (certain goal if paid), no free.
Multiple Holding the Man, Push-in-back, Holding the ball frees NOT given against Richmond.
The grubby, illegal holding happens so often it must come from your Coach, who was a grub as a player, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back