Review Good/bad/ugly vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Trac is getting tagged in the middle lately - even though he’s hard to tag.

I prefer him in the middle myself, but can understand if they play him forward a lot over the next month or 2.
Both could work. Even if he does half his minutes up forward it’s much harder to organise a tag on those types of players. (I do agree with you though, he is our most dynamic mid easily - but we are in this position where we need him forward. Wish cloning was a realistic option. Or robots)

There was only one moment in that last quarter where i suddenly thought, damn we might steal it, where my mind overruled the kozzy out of bounds pessimism that we where destined to lose by a point

That last centre bounce we clear it and that Carlton bloke falls over near Sparrow. My brain was like, this is it! Sweet poetic irony after McVee going the all or nothing spoil and falling over in last years in the final, we're going to rush it forward for a point at the least

Then Sparrow goes wobbly legged trying to balance and pick the ball up at pace and kicks it towards the pocket where they smash it out

There was only one moment in that last quarter where i suddenly thought, damn we might steal it, where my mind overruled the kozzy out of bounds pessimism that we where destined to lose by a point

That last centre bounce we clear it and that Carlton bloke falls over near Sparrow. My brain was like, this is it! Sweet poetic irony after McVee going the all or nothing spoil and falling over in last years in the final, we're going to rush it forward for a point at the least

Then Sparrow goes wobbly legged trying to balance and pick the ball up at pace and kicks it towards the pocket where they smash it out
Yeah Sparrow had to pick up the ball cleanly there brought the pressure on himself. The other thing that First Crack pointed out was that in the final stoppage there was a heap of free space to run into in front of goal that Gawn ignored and went for the little tap down to Petracca behind him where Carlton had coverage.

We're still pretty ordinary in close games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back