• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well sh*t.. I’m sorry I’m on a public forum and never thought to concern myself with the fact that mr Baldandbroke might get annoyed if I post my own personal opinions…

I’ll have to remember that next time, your highness..

See.. i read repeated comments from others on here pumping benny tyres up all the time.. But strangely I never feel the need to tell them to stop talking about him.. in fact i tend to really only talk about ben when others bring him up first and try and claim he’s something he’s not.

Case in point.. this current conversation about Ben.. strange that it seems a few are allowed to start talking about ben and how he should be used to tag daicos on the weekend.. but when I turn around and respond with “but ben actually isnt a tagger and never has been”.. I get told to please stop discussing Ben cause “you constantly talk about him”

Seems the Ben keays fan club in here only want to hear ben be discussed by those that only have positive things to say about him.

Same with the discussion on soligo’s kick into the forward line.. the ben keays and murphy lovers in here tell us we need these two in our forward line to pressure and shut down the oppositions Half backs.. stop them from getting the ball out of our F50.. its so important they constantly tell us.. we need these two in the side they squeal..

Yet they then go silent when a HB like Jarman Impey runs around like an unregistered dog ALL game…

Where were these two important defensive pressure forwards that are sooooo important then?.. neither of them went anywhere near doing the job we are told (by the keays and murph lovies) they are supposedly in the team to do.

Its all soligo’s fault that, even with oodles of time to prepare themselves.. NO one was able to impact that contest in our forward line. Not one finger layed on it.

I just wish the same fingers that seem to always be so quickly and easily pointed at our youth when they do something wrong were equally pointed at our veterans and leadership group when they fail..
Wasn’t Keays and Murphy best game that’s for sure ….. still to my eye looks a couple of levels better than Ned though who is apparently next in line

They been pretty good this year re Keays / Murphy , wouldn’t drop off just because of the hawks game

What’s a pass mark if Keays and Daicos play on each other this week BC ?

Style … maybe , a bit

Output - nowhere near

There’s definitely something about Pedlar

I think he knows he’s going to be good , just has that swagger of an elite player without being arrogance
In Macca's days, players had day jobs ....often involving physical work ...their bodies already strong & resilient at an early age

Today's young players, come straight from school & video gaming ....their bodies, in particular those who play a physical game, have to have the resilience developed

Jeff, the swagger is always a great sign !

Damning photo for Soligo, I can't see who our players are out wide but he should've kicked it slightly to the left of the player circled - closing Hawks player no chance to spoil.

That then frees up the player labelled "open", the closest player to him is charging to our forward line. Easy for our player to move closer to the boundary and receive the short kick.

He is then closer to our goals then Soligo, closer to the boundary line plus 20-30sec off the clock. He can either kick backwards if an option opens up or he drives it long down the boundary line.

Good learning experience for Soligo - and the rest of our team, against most of the other sides we probably lose that game.

60s left, with possession in the centre circle should always be keeping possession via short kicks sideways or backwards, the long kick forward is the last resort.

In Macca's days, players had day jobs ....often involving physical work ...their bodies already strong & resilient at an early age

Today's young players, come straight from school & video gaming ....their bodies, in particular those who play a physical game, have to have the resilience developed

Jeff, the swagger is always a great sign !
Macca was also well known for punching bongs

Maybe Schoenberg etc need to do the same so take a bit of stress out of their games

Macca was also well known for punching bongs

Maybe Schoenberg etc need to do the same so take a bit of stress out of their games
Nothing wrong with a bit of maryjane for stress or pain relief outside of professional sports, but unfortunately it's classified as a masking agent for other PEDs so can't do that.

Ive always wondered the difference in drug testing frequency at SANFL vs AFL level.

I could be wrong as I've only seen the game once live, but it appeared that someone called him to kick long.

Perhaps some poor direction from a leader? I'd need to watch it again.

In any case, he should have kicked short, but also, we had a non contest up forward, which makes Soligos kick look worse.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we made a contest of Soligo's kick and got it over the boundary line or a Crows player marked it people wouldn't be upset with Soligo's choice.

That was 100% on the forwards not competing for that particular ball.
Yes. He was right to try and get as much distance on it as possible and kick it into the pocket. Forwards were all pushing up toward the 50m line and got caught out of position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the replay, Murray did pretty well those last 30 seconds. He smothered a shot on goal and won an important ground ball which forced a stoppage and ended the game.
How’s the way he took the ground ball and then took steps toward the tackler to ensure a ball up rather than a chaos possession

That sort of composure under pressure is super impressive

Back