• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe (sub)

• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard Rahilly say before the Richmond game that we were the number one ground ball get team inside our F50 and it shows, we seem to have kicked a lot of goals from stoppages/loose balls inside our F50 instead of just relying on set shots.
I never heard Rahilly this year but I've heard that same stat so either Burns / Nicks or VB must've said it as well. Its def a focus of ours.

An article based upon such keen observation that it managed to get wrong both the number of goals that Rachelle kicked, and the end that we were kicking to.

"Adelaide didn’t panic and responded swiftly, jagging the next three to lead by 14 points at three-quarter-time and wrestle back control of the game before Rachele took over.

He electrified his home fans with three fourth-term goals at the Cathedral End to put an exclamation point on an electric Easter Sunday from the Crows, who seem to be improving with every outing."

So the article says Rachele kicked 3 goals, the summary score has him kicking 1 - and he actually kicked 2. Quality editing!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I heard Rahilly say before the Richmond game that we were the number one ground ball get team inside our F50 and it shows, we seem to have kicked a lot of goals from stoppages/loose balls inside our F50 instead of just relying on set shots.
This might have something to do with the fact that almost none of our F50 entries hit the target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the stats don't back up what you're saying.

'aerially he's a liability'. Billy had 9 marks for the game. Equal highest with Vlastuin and 3 more than any other Crows player. 6 of those were intercept marks.

Where he needs to get better is some of his standing 1-1's where he gets worked under the ball sometimes, and also some of his ball-handling and decision making under pressure. This will get better the more experience he gets in a position he's still VERY new to.

His ability to running spoil whilst on a 1-1 was actually very good on the weekend, and this was backed up several times by the commentary team.

His attacking run from the back, and metres gained, were elite for a KPD.
Quality unbiase post. We need more of this!

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

But the stats don't back up what you're saying.

'aerially he's a liability'. Billy had 9 marks for the game. Equal highest with Vlastuin and 3 more than any other Crows player. 6 of those were intercept marks.

Where he needs to get better is some of his standing 1-1's where he gets worked under the ball sometimes, and also some of his ball-handling and decision making under pressure. This will get better the more experience he gets in a position he's still VERY new to.

His ability to running spoil whilst on a 1-1 was actually very good on the weekend, and this was backed up several times by the commentary team.

His attacking run from the back, and metres gained, were elite for a KPD.
He took 9 uncontested marks. Your post doesn't address my post about his deficiencies.

Re Frampton, this is fair:
Frampton in the back lines needs work. He needs to spoil first, the fumbles have to go, his positioning needs fixing. How many other 200cm backmen have all that covered off the bat? Frampton does some things really well. He seems calm once he has the ball, his disposal is pretty good.
I don't "hate" Frampton, but I still don't think he's an AFL-level player. I am closer to this opinion:
I just don't see how you can ignore the 95 times he fumbled the ball. It was comical, as if he'd left his glasses home.

Yes he's good by foot, buy aerially he's a liability and he makes too many ball handling errors for my liking.
Good forwards capitalise on those Frampton-fumbles and they cost the Crows cheap oppo goals which are crucial in close games.
Then I saw this:
Billy had 9 marks for the game. Equal highest with Vlastuin and 3 more than any other Crows player. 6 of those were intercept marks.
SIX intercept marks :oops: . Maybe it has to do with the meaning of "intercept" but for me it's a contested pack mark under pressure --- did Billy do six of those? Did I go to the toilet/kitchen six times and missed them all? --- and not a mark (uncontested) of an ill-directed oppo kick, which any SANFL player can mark.
Sigh.
Look, I want Frampton to succeed, for the Crows' sake. Himmelberg's turnaround is inspirational. Will be wonderful if he sustains it, or gets even better!
For now, Billy's inability to take a clean ball under the mildest of pressure (ie those "fumbles" that several posters have mentioned, even you) and his flubbed handballs (watch highlights, last quarter, 6.29 to play, awful) are infuriatingly costly to the team.
"Frampton did some good things" doesn't cut it for me. McHenry did a few good things and several people want him dropped. For that matter, poor Dmac did good things, too, and he was widely loathed in here.

Frampton was delisted by PA and justifiably dropped last year after dismal games. Saturday's efforts (while not as bad as he usually is) in a strong team win don't change any of that.
Here: how many other teams in 2022 would have Billy at CHB, let alone in their best 22? The Crows.

Re Frampton, this is fair:

I don't "hate" Frampton, but I still don't think he's an AFL-level player. I am closer to this opinion:

Good forwards capitalise on those Frampton-fumbles and they cost the Crows cheap oppo goals which are crucial in close games.
Then I saw this:

SIX intercept marks :oops: . Maybe it has to do with the meaning of "intercept" but for me it's a contested pack mark under pressure --- did Billy do six of those? Did I go to the toilet/kitchen six times and missed them all? --- and not a mark (uncontested) of an ill-directed oppo kick, which any SANFL player can mark.
Sigh.
Look, I want Frampton to succeed, for the Crows' sake. Himmelberg's turnaround is inspirational. Will be wonderful if he sustains it, or gets even better!
For now, Billy's inability to take a clean ball under the mildest of pressure (ie those "fumbles" that several posters have mentioned, even you) and his flubbed handballs (watch highlights, last quarter, 6.29 to play, awful) are infuriatingly costly to the team.
"Frampton did some good things" doesn't cut it for me. McHenry did a few good things and several people want him dropped. For that matter, poor Dmac did good things, too, and he was widely loathed in here.

Frampton was delisted by PA and justifiably dropped last year after dismal games. Saturday's efforts (while not as bad as he usually is) in a strong team win don't change any of that.
Here: how many other teams in 2022 would have Billy at CHB, let alone in their best 22? The Crows.
Frampton was not delisted by Port Adelaide we traded for him with a future pick..

Really even team effort I thought. Everyone seemed to have a cameo role at some point. Whilst the free kick tally favoured us, I didn't see any obvious howlers. Really unfortunate for Sloane, but may be better for the development of the younger players. I'd like to see Parnell come in for him next week (or Hinge back in his HB role, with Dawson freed up). Our defence stood up very well again with 61 inside fifties, although I'd prefer to have less I50's for the opposition next week!

I don't agree with what Cotch did and should have got a week but Tex has no right to talk about shoe being on the other foot. If a member of the crowd yelled out what tex did they get their membership stripped and banned from the stadium?
Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

You idiot
Seriously the guy is lucky he didn't get the sack and with a comment like that tries to make it sound like he is hard done by? As I said don't condone or agree with what Cotch did and should have got a week or two possibly but Tex should probably shut his mouth and realise how lucky he still is to have his "dream job".

Back