Review Good / Bad / Ugly vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, yep thanks :thumbsu: .
I saw all that, but you said: " We just don't play with a lot of care and don't play as though they are enjoying it. " which is a bit different.
Doesn't matter. I can see it's your take on what he said.
Roo started that exchange. Big mistake; said a lot more about Roo himself than Greenwood.
Yeah if you watch some of their decision making in game it shows a want to get rid of the ball as quick as possible. I feel a lot of players seem scared to get the ball out of a fear of doing something wrong with it. The dinky 1 metre handball in packs are evidence that our previous coaches told them to get rid of it to anyone. I just cant believe this is being coached or allowed. Our disposal is rarely to a players advantage. No positive feedback on field to young players. Just awful to watch. Worst ive seen from us. You can just tell these losses mean nothing to the senior players. They still mistakenly think they have credits in the bank.

1) Yeah if you watch some of their decision making in game it shows a want to get rid of the ball as quick as possible. I feel a lot of players seem scared to get the ball out of a fear of doing something wrong with it.
2) The dinky 1 metre handball in packs are evidence that our previous coaches told them to get rid of it to anyone. I just cant believe this is being coached or allowed.
3) Our disposal is rarely to a players advantage.
4) No positive feedback on field to young players.
5) Just awful to watch. Worst ive seen from us.
6) You can just tell these losses mean nothing to the senior players. They still mistakenly think they have credits in the bank.
1) Yes, they have no composure. Not helped by teammates' unwillingness to run and create opportunities to team advantage.
2) Yes, and this is Nicks' problem now. Mrouch is the Mastah of the Dinky handball or barely 15m dinky kick which either grubbers short, or goes long or wide. It started to infect the team back in 2017 when they started believing how good they were. Hubris.
3) yes, but I did see good signs in the first half vs WCE that they had advantage intent. Now, to elevate their skills.
4) mmmm, not so sure about that. I've seen some of the seniors provide feedback and praise on-field, plus we don't know what happens behind the scenes.
5) Woeful, isn't it? So many cringeworthy mistakes, too.
6) I'd say some of the senior players. I don't see a lot of passion/enthusiasm from some of them.

Wikipedia: " A true antique is an item perceived as having value because of its aesthetic or historical significance, and often defined as at least 100 years old, although the term is often used loosely to describe any object that is old".
2020 - 1968 = 52 years so, no.
I don't want to call a car that's 52 years old an "antique", fearful of what that makes me, at >52 ;).

Also, if you replace each panel and engine part, it's not the car that rolled off the assembly line --- BUT --- it is a beast!
View attachment 911246

GreyCrow is referring to the Ship of Theseus paradox

Last edited:
I have to admit, I try to give new position coaches a fair go, but i'm concerned that Godden is nothing more then a good SANFL coach, but a poor midfield coach. Our midfield set-up doesn't look to have improved from Campo at all. In fact in many regards it's probably gone back a step.

We seem to be more willing to change the mix which is positive, but still not defending at all, or generating attack.

Which begs the question, If your midfield isn't defending or generating attack, what is it doing?

Not in any of the right positions at bounces, and over-committing to the contest, not sticking tackles, and not running hard enough defensively.

Would love to see none of Crouch Bros in there this weekend for a stint. Also need to hope Keays can develop into a ball-getting tagger.

Does anyone know how we went with the Crows vs Eagles scrath match?
Given the team came back from Queensland to Adelaide before flying out the morning of the match back to Brisbane I don't think they played a scratch match?

Does anyone know how we went with the Crows vs Eagles scrath match?
We didnā€™t have enough players available to play a scratchy and there is no way the AFL would pay for the Crows and Eagles leftovers to fly to the Gold Coast for a meaningless scratch match. We could have organised something with Poort but with the emergencies flying to the Gold Coast we would bately have 15 v 15.

A little publicised fact is our only win in the Twos was a combined Crows/Pear team.

We didnā€™t have enough players available to play a scratchy and there is no way the AFL would pay for the Crows and Eagles leftovers to fly to the Gold Coast for a meaningless scratch match. We could have organised something with Poort but with the emergencies flying to the Gold Coast we would bately have 15 v 15.

A little publicised fact is our only win in the Twos was a combined Crows/Pear team.

Haven't we won two scratch matches? Fremantle and Brisbane?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went back and looked at the much maligned Mackay kick to Stengle again. Yes it was risky...but it actually wasn't a terrible kick, in fact it hit Stengle in the hands (but a difficult grab, might have been too high to get comfortably). At the time I thought it was good vision, the WCE player did well to come across and pressure it since he was heading towards Brad.

1594699816331.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back