Review Good/Bad v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Ugly.

Thinking we can play finals after watching tonight’s game.

Brisbane and Carlton should be wins.
North at home I’m reasonably bullish with McGovern and Smith in.

Need 2 wins against Port, GWS, Melbourne. GWS away looks doable with Patton out. Port at home.. who knows.
Melbourne at home..
Going to be tight.
I’ve done a ladder predictor and unless we boost our percentage, which will be though to do, I have us needing to win every game.

I feel like the team was running out of gas late. Maybe this was identified and the plan was to keep the ball in close and reduce outside breaks. Especially since we were getting mashed in clearance numbers.

Yep, Greenwood and Matt Crouch could barely run in that last term, which helped Geelong's mids to get off the leash.

Our inclusions seemed to drop off late too. A five day break from the SANFL game probably didn't help.

At least we get a nine day break now.

Ugly: almost s**t the bed in the last when the backwards handballs came back and we forgot front and centre...
Bad: Gibbs is higher paid version of Mackay...surely there is something more!
Good: run and dash and dare with options...Tom Lynch

I’ve done a ladder predictor and unless we boost our percentage, which will be though to do, I have us needing to win every game.
Thats how i see it. We have to be a full game ahead of teams that are currently a full game ahead of us. Unless there are lots of upset victories from the bottom half of the ladder then we will need to win out.

Makes the equation rather simple!

I just want to take a moment to admit that I got it wrong with Kyle Cheney. After the Hawthorn game I'm pretty sure I said he will never play another AFL game. But the last 2.5 weeks the guy has looked like a god damn All Australian back flanker. Just so much poise with ball in hand. And I forgot how hard he runs when the ball is loose!

Apologies Kyle, I was wrong! Team Ranga for life!!!!!

Yeah that is how I see it as well.

The toughest game is GWS away. A different venue and they are in the situation as us.

If we are good enough to win a Final we beat Melbourne and Port here. A high chance either could be the team we play in a possible Final. We need to beat both to make the eight and if we do make it we have that recent win as confidence going into a Final.

We should account for all of Brisbane, North and Carlton.
If we can't beat those three we wont play Finals and are not good enough to.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Seriously, those injuries. FMD. Last night we were at least close to our best 22 - and we showed how we can play.

The top 8 is very thin, Richmond (at the MCG) are miles better than anyone else. Forget the camp and talk of disunity, it's injuries that have killed us.

Would like to think we can still make the 8, but it is tough run home. If we do, I think we can absolutely do some damage - we will be flying and because of the injuries a number of our players should not be too over-worked as they will have only played half a season.

And if we don't, we get goodish draft picks and an easier draw for next year with a team that (injuries permitting) should be better with Brad and Smith back, and Guv, Sloane etc playing a full season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we get another couple of weeks of people saying we are still a mathematical possibility.

When you're in "mathematical possibility" territory your season is basically over anyway

Not the worst game ever, the worst player.

Nothing I've seen of Buzza has been positive. He sucks. Is an absolute liability on the ground. Can't see any elite traits. He's terrible.
Buzza got to the ball and shoulda woulda coulda taken a clean mark about 4 times in or around the geelong forward 50.

But he dropped them with little to no pressure. Bloke probably could have won the game for Geelong.

He's a genuine s#$t stirrer as well which I love. I don't care if he gives away 2-4 free's a game! As long as he provides that niggle to their oppositions best player then i'm happy!
I loved when he bumped into Selwood hard as jelly was going off after he was mortally wounded by gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back