Review Good/Bad v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Those free kicks Keath gave away would have been given away by any player 98 times out of 100. Particularly the second one I think where a turnover had everyone out of position. Keath is certainly no worse than Hartigan - who completely lost Hawkins, allowing him to get a one on one with Milera - and I wouldn’t mind dropping Harto just to send him a message. See Atkins response tonight. Plus, getting games into Keath should be a priority if there is ever a long term injury to Talia.
If he didn't hit them high they probably would have marked the ball. One of them worked out really well for Keath in the final quarter where he somehow spoiled the ball without looking at it, so there's that.
Unfortunately Keath isn't big enough to play on Hawkins, so we're stuck with him tearing up Hartigan.

Good: Sloane, Gibbs, Greenwood, Seedsman etc all spent time forward. Giving our midielders/wingman who are dangerous up forward stints down there makes us more unpredictable. Also means more guys must be rotating through the middle.

From the AFL app:
'Half-back flanker Wayne Milera was the catalyst with 11 third-quarter disposals, breaking the lines with his daring attack and delivering the ball beautifully by foot.'
If someone can GIF the play he made where he ran from half back had a couple of handballs and kicked over the top for a Murph goal, that would be welcome...

What I didn't like was with 12 minutes to go we clearly turned to defensive football. Looked horrible and turned over a couple of quick goals.

At this stage if the year, if you're trying to go all out just to make the finals, just ******* go for it!

Yeah this bothered me too, there was a moment in the last where Hugh took a mark and had Seed streaming past wide open for the play on, could of easily got the ball on and got it very deep forward for a scoring opp. Instead slowed it down and turned it over. Infuriating.

Gooch needs to play midfield next year. Will be a very important player in years to come.
Yeah he is building beautifully , strong little scooter ... i think midfield - forward split as we continue build our midfield depth .

Did anyone get a sense of Deja Vu, seeing Galluci play today, and thinking they were seeing a younger version of Douglas play?

A lot of similarities between those two, I will say Gooch will end up a better footballer though in the long run. May not get the accolades though.

Gooch is a tad more explosive, and really his football IQ is just through the roof.

From the AFL app:
'Half-back flanker Wayne Milera was the catalyst with 11 third-quarter disposals, breaking the lines with his daring attack and delivering the ball beautifully by foot.'

I'll put my hand up here. I ripped into him for his game last week and said we should have drafted Curnow.

He played with real intent tonight, probably the most he's shown at AFL level. Went at 91% DE too. Was a big part in us putting a break on them in the third term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good: 4 points. Milera stood up under pressure. Keath has overtaken Hartigan and offers some run and attack. Atkins in form. Sloane on fire.

Bad: Umpiring scum cheats. Hartigan useless.

Ugly: Dangerfield is.

I disgree on a few points.

Hartigan is a better option than Keath. I'm not saying Hartigan is a good player but Keath is just a SANFL player. I don't get it why people are impressed.

Milera was good but needs to tackle and take the body contact. That might come with age.

Nothing against tex but feel sloane needs to be joint captain next year. It worked for sydney.up until recently.

Some great marking too, reading the ball beautifully.

Needs to play behind the ball as reads it so well.
His aerial game has progressed far beyond what I had envisaged. At times he looks cleaner in the air than at ground level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back