Review Good/Bad v Gold Coast, Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I know what position he plays, and he's not a superstar if he stays there. which is why dumbass is trying to pretend he plays a made up position.

Hartigan was the deeper of the 2 playing on Lynch.

I know, but no one else was going to give the answer :V

I felt Lever was the deeper of the two playing on Wright, but I suppose they did move Lynch up and down a bit, and Hartigan always stuck with him.

Nope, nearly every team has an intercepting defender. I guess you're just stuck in the past.

it's not even a smart deflection. it's a stupid bit of made up invention.

unless of course we have kicking defender, handballing defender, spoiling defender, rushed behind defender, out of bounds defender, fumbles defender, out marked defender, turn over, or any other number of act based roles

there is a difference between an act on a field and a position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's not even a smart deflection. it's a stupid bit of made up invention.

unless of course we have kicking defender, handballing defender, spoiling defender, rushed behind defender, out of bounds defender, fumbles defender, out marked defender, turn over, or any other number of act based roles

there is a difference between an act on a field and a position.

His role is specifically to chop out other players and intercept attacks. He's rarely isolated one on one, he plays the spare man a lot. He's not a third tall.

I guess you don't watch our structures close enough and think we have rigid positions like "full back" and "center half back" these days.

If anything, Cheney and Kelly are "third talls"

2nd 1/4, Menz got near it a few times. Should have been squared up 20m out by Eddie but didnt get hit. Once unlucky to bit be paid an in the back free, another laid a tackle. Only around it deep in the fwd line. Needs to start finding his own ball and work up the ground like in round 1

*BTW I'm on Menz watch while the replay is on. Loving the games of the Crouch's, Laird, Smith, Sloane, Hampton and Hartigan solid defensively.

His role is specifically to chop out other players and intercept attacks. He's rarely isolated one on one, he plays the spare man a lot. He's not a third tall.

I guess you don't watch our structures close enough and think we have rigid positions like "full back" and "center half back" these days.

this is embarrassing. dig up you clown

Bickley has no idea what he's talking about, and very rarely does - it's why he washed out of the coaching game and has some low rent media roles

Walsh offered Bickley an Assistant coaching role, Bickley turned it down as he no longer had a desire to be a senior coach after he saw what happened to Sanderson.

C-AoAT1UIAAB_K2.jpg:large

Rory, Rory, Rory

2 metre Peter.

You dont think he can be a star in the Gibson/Taylor mould?

he obviously resembles enright a lot more than taylor.

Gibson is like Rance, a player able to switch, zone off and provide run but first and foremost a key, close checking, athletic body on body defender. or at least was in his prime. Taylor was the same.

Lever is a ******* 3rd tall defender and he is not a superstar unless he can be a key defender. and cut down on the turnovers.

this is embarrassing. dig up you clown

I guess you also think Lynch plays as a "third tall" and McGovern as a "third tall". What about Cameron as a "small forward". I guess Smith isn't a "rebounding defender" but a "half back flank"?

Then again, your views being stuck in the past would explain a lot of things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back