Review Good/Bad v GWS, Round 1

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Also did anyone think that we missed Lyons?

Are we now all in agreeance that he would barely be best 22 this year and paying him what he wanted would've been a mistake?

Glad it only took til round 1 for everyone to realise.
Who would have been better Hampton or Lyons?

Who would have been better Hampton or Lyons?
Lyons might have played better, but Hampton offers what we require to tske the next step, that is the ability to break lines, deliver accurately and take the game on. Lyons would be a "safe" option but not a player to help take us to a premiership.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hampton will only get better. Lyon, as well as he played last year, may not even have made this years side only because we have too many like him. I think Menzel will only improved. Liked his game.

Who do we have like Lyons in the team that played vs GWS

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hampton will only get better. Lyon, as well as he played last year, may not even have made this years side only because we have too many like him. I think Menzel will only improved. Liked his game.
I disagree, we actually don't have many like Lyons left with Thommo finishing.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lyons might have played better, but Hampton offers what we require to tske the next step, that is the ability to break lines, deliver accurately and take the game on. Lyons would be a "safe" option but not a player to help take us to a premiership.
Lyons was pretty high up in metres gained last year.

hippyhippy

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Our game plan is not suitable for lyons let alone thommo. Its no longer winning the hard ball at all cost. Very noticeable we want to break the lines with our speed. Lyons cannot do that and thus cannot rotate in that position. We are playing a brand of footy that is even better to watch than last year. This week is a test to see if we can back it up. Id take menzel and hampton ahead of lyons every day of the week. Not to say that lyons is no good. Hes a proven afl player. Just no longer suitable for our gameplan

I disagree, we actually don't have many like Lyons left with Thommo finishing.

We don't need many players like Lyons though.

We already have one, and unless we wanted to sit him in our SANFL for depth, he's wasted here.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Our game plan is not suitable for lyons let alone thommo. Its no longer winning the hard ball at all cost. Very noticeable we want to break the lines with our speed. Lyons cannot do that and thus cannot rotate in that position. We are playing a brand of footy that is even better to watch than last year. This week is a test to see if we can back it up. Id take menzel and hampton ahead of lyons every day of the week. Not to say that lyons is no good. Hes a proven afl player. Just no longer suitable for our gameplan
I got howled down a while back when I said the same....If Pyke saw Lyons as having the skill set he wants going forward he'd still be on our list, all the mids we drafted are significantly quicker than Jarryd....Gullucci express pace, Signorello top end pace and Poholke better than average plus more size and grunt....even Davis is quite quick.

CrowCro

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2010
Underdale
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yep, it seems the offseason has impacted on some people's memories.

Lynch has been one of our gun players for the last 2 years, so much so the opposition are trying to stop him. He is about 6 poor games away from being dropped, not a quiet preseason and an ok game away.

I hate to sound like Vader, but the majority of our best 22 are locks, it's only the bottom 3-4 where changes will come from and even that's hard after the weekend, but changes are coming if we are going to fit Tex, Lever and eventually Brad in. Otten, Kelly and whoever performs poorly from Hampton, Mackay and Menzel are eventually in trouble. Mackay needs to keep performing like he did and if he does hooray. Menzel played well, if he keeps that up and improves he isn't going anywhere, the pressure is on Hampton another couple of games like the weekend and he will be in trouble, if not sooner. The club loves Knight, he's not going anywhere after the weekend.
Hampton started to play better from the half way mark of the third qu8arter. he has a booming kick and was trying to be a little cute. the kis has something and just needs to get his confidence up and then could be a real surprise. Otten for mine goes out. As for Walker we were better of without him on the weekend as we had Lynch who is not quick and together with walker would have run it out too easily.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
More like he's the odd one out. We have none like him. We have opted for v8s in the midfield finally !

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
But it's OK to judge Hampton on 1 game?
Is that what I did? I responded to a comment that after one game we proved we didn't need Lyons when really Lyons would have contributed more than Hampton in that game.

You brought up Lyons game.

Back