Review Good/Bad v Hawthorn, Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I would never, ever say this.

DAVID MACKAY YOU SUPERSTAR.

Game. Winning. Performance. Absolutely amazing from the whipping boy. Stood up in a pressure game when we were under the pump.

AND WE BEAT HAWTHORN!!!!! Despite a hideous umpiring performance again.

287935_np.jpg

We crushed them after QT. Crushed them

What a great performance that could set up the year. Down by 4 goals in Q1, and we have the resolve to come back

Pyke is a master tactician. He knows what we're being beaten at, what he needs to do to change it and then gets the boys to implement it to success

* YEAH WHAT A WIN!

You might beat us,
you might beat us twice in a row,
you might beat us three times in a row,
you might beat us four times in a row,
you might beat us five times in a row,
you might beat us six times in a row,
you might beat us seven times in a row,
But you will never, EVER, beat us 8 times in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Havent seen the game because I was watching Logan skewer bad guys. Pretty bloody happy though.

Hopefully JJ injury isn't too severe.

Doesn't look good, I'm thinking collapsed lung and broken rib.

Where did my post go?

Anyway, for the second time: We got 3 free kicks in the second half, hawks got 7 in the final qtr, we got 11 for the game.

We let them get 10 ahead in the interchanges early in the game and then caught up particularly in the last.

We were -10 in contested and got it back to +10 i think before hawks got on top again late in the game and it finished dead even.

I'll tell you a sublime pleasure I discovered today. with the match on AFL live, it was a coupla seconds ahead of the 5aa broadcast. That meant you could tell a rowie et al going off before it happens and then just wait for it! Was brilliant. I highly recommend it, though perhaps a more evenly umpired game would be a better idea to do it on.

Came back well after a typically insipid Crows on the road start.

Hawks on the wane. Better teams won't allow us the luxury of working our way back into the game.

Absolutely crucial the coaches don't ignore the first quarter. It sums up exactly why we have been unsuccessful for such a long period. Need to heed the warning signs this time.

We're close but can't coast on the bits we dominated after quarter/half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back