Review Good/Bad v Port Adelaide, Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant believe the amount of whinging by Port supporters.

1. The Umpires Cost them the game
2. The Cameron bump cost them the game
3. The free against Robbie Gray for tunneling in the first cost them the game
4. An apparent hold on Whingegard cost them the game

Gee. Anything but poor football from their side has cost them the game.

The same lot will tell you David Granger was an angel and misunderstood.

Good
Beating port surrounded by port supporters. Best home and away wins possible.

Bad.
The stupid port lady at the game going off her head and trying to get my brother kicked out after she bumped him barging through, when he has a full beer in hand.

'Dont you know who I am?!' 'you're gone'
Calmly explain to the security what happened... She legs it when she realized the conversation wasn't going her way.

Stupid mole.

Number one on the ground for pressure acts apparently.

Its interesting now isnt it. Douglas was very good for the second time in three games. Hampton, as you say, is doing a very important job. Crouch is a ball magnet and Sloane our best player. Now we also have Brad Crouch with 40 touches in the SANFL. And then we have Greenwood, who is knocking on the door about as hard as he possibly could.

We almost look like we have more depth in this inside midfield role than on any other part of the ground. There is obviously a fair gulf in class between Sloane and the rest. But there is so much scope for improvement in that midfield group with the exception of Douglas. I really think that we need to see Greenwood at this early stage of the season so that we can make an informed decision of how to take this midfield forward. I would keep Brad Crouch in the SANFL for one more week in order to improve his touch and his fitness and bring in Greenwood, but not at the expense of the current group. If that means Mackay or even Milera, then it feels like this is the week to do it. Because once this group gets settled there will be no way to have a look at Greenwood unless there are injuries.

Coaches votes are in:

Port Adelaide v Adelaide
10 – Rory Sloane (Adel)
8 – Taylor Walker (Adel)
6 – Ollie Wines (Port)
3 – Richard Douglas (Adel)
2 – Kyle Hartigan (Adel)
1 – Darcy Byrne-Jones (Port)
Fairly easy top 3 went coach for coach

Douglas 1 Pyke 2 Hinkley
Hartigan 2 Pyke
DBJ 1 Hinkley

Good
Beating port surrounded by port supporters. Best home and away wins possible.

Bad.
The stupid port lady at the game going off her head and trying to get my brother kicked out after she bumped him barging through, when he has a full beer in hand.

'Dont you know who I am?!' 'you're gone'
Calmly explain to the security what happened... She legs it when she realized the conversation wasn't going her way.

Stupid mole.
Kane Cornes read this and proclaims a Port suppprter got King Hit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Its interesting now isnt it. Douglas was very good for the second time in three games. Hampton, as you say, is doing a very important job. Crouch is a ball magnet and Sloane our best player. Now we also have Brad Crouch with 40 touches in the SANFL. And then we have Greenwood, who is knocking on the door about as hard as he possibly could.

We almost look like we have more depth in this inside midfield role than on any other part of the ground. There is obviously a fair gulf in class between Sloane and the rest. But there is so much scope for improvement in that midfield group with the exception of Douglas. I really think that we need to see Greenwood at this early stage of the season so that we can make an informed decision of how to take this midfield forward. I would keep Brad Crouch in the SANFL for one more week in order to improve his touch and his fitness and bring in Greenwood, but not at the expense of the current group. If that means Mackay or even Milera, then it feels like this is the week to do it. Because once this group gets settled there will be no way to have a look at Greenwood unless there are injuries.

It is interesting... and Thommo wasn't even mentioned.;)'
What has Greenwood got that Milera hasn't ?...because dare I say it Dmac wont be going anywhere and nor will Douglas. To me Milera needs to string good games together or he's dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is interesting... and Thommo wasn't even mentioned.;)'
What has Greenwood got that Milera hasn't ?...because dare I say it Dmac wont be going anywhere and nor will Douglas. To me Milera needs to string good games together or he's dropped.

Well in my opinion Milera has great vision and skills. He is also quick. I think he will be a player. But bot sure why Mackay wont be going anywhere. He was equal poorest on the day (along with Milera). At the end of the day we have a pretty good team that is performing so none of the 22 are bad. For me, Mackay is now lowest on the totem pole along with Milera. I would he happy for either to make way to have a look at Greenwood. But my choice would definately be Mackay. I interested to see Pykes perspective by his actions in 2017.

I just felt sick in the guts and shivered when I read "05-06" what a waste. But yeah.. good teams always find a way to come back into a game.. Only complacency will stop us from going 11-1 or 10-2 once round 12 is completed.. oh and key injuries.

Please let's not get ahead of ourselves. That's for Richmond to do at this stage of the season, and you only have to look at the weekend's results with Fremantle and the Gold Coast having massive form reversals to see how dangerous it is to take any team for granted. Even Carlton had a win against a previously undefeated Essendon (which I love).
I'm stoked to be where we are after three games against pretty decent opponents, but counts for little if we drop games against the likes of Essendon, especially at home.
I'm confident we'll win. But having watched Freo a week ago against Port and Gold Coast against GWS there is no way possible any sane person could have picked either team to win this week. And yet they won.

Last edited:
PORT ADELAIDE v ADELAIDE
10 Rory Sloane (Adel)
8 Taylor Walker (Adel)
6 Ollie Wines (PA)
3 Richard Douglas (Adel)
2 Kyle Hartigan (Adel)
1 Darcy Byrne-Jones (PA)

Bryne-Jones?

Apart from the Tex tackle I thought DBJ was poor. Had some real clangers, including the resulting free kick from said tackle. I don't see how he gets votes and Tom Lynch doesn't.
Was a s**t tackle. He grabbed the jumper by the neck and started slinging. Any 'tackling' by grabbing the collar of the jumper I've seen in the past has been paid as a high tackle. Was poetic justice to stuff up the kick. LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back