Review Good/Bad vs Brisbane, R4 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Keays has limited ability but he has abit of mongrel in him. He's the protocol of the type of "filler" player you expect to see in a bottom 6 team. Would not be in the first choice 28 to 30 in a top 8 club.
He's what you need at our stage of development.

Fills a need but replaceable when better options become available.

Keays has limited ability but he has abit of mongrel in him. He's the protocol of the type of "filler" player you expect to see in a bottom 6 team. Would not be in the first choice 28 to 30 in a top 8 club.

Hes a trier, he works really hard at training and he has a couple of different AFL environments experience.
Spot on with your assessment. He brings more than his playing ability.

Also seems like a positive, fun guy which we will need at stages through the rebuild.

Hes a trier, he works really hard at training and he has a couple of different AFL environments experience.
Spot on with your assessment. He brings more than his playing ability.

Also seems like a positive, fun guy which we will need at stages through the rebuild.

He's no slouch but he has a limited ceiling. I would assume with a year of consistent senior football we will get a better gauge of him. The revolving door use of him in Brisbane + being thrust into those HF/defensive forward roles is tough on any young player. 43g 19b at NEAFL level from 16 games last year and the goal he kicked against Gold Coast suggest there is something there to be persevered with and reasonably touted in his draft year.

Undoubtedly had some clangers but I'm happier with picking him up for peanuts than nothing.

He's no slouch but he has a limited ceiling. I would assume with a year of consistent senior football we will get a better gauge of him. The revolving door use of him in Brisbane + being thrust into those HF/defensive forward roles is tough on any young player. 43g 19b at NEAFL level from 16 games last year and the goal he kicked against Gold Coast suggest there is something there to be persevered with and reasonably touted in his draft year.

Undoubtedly had some clangers but I'm happier with picking him up for peanuts than nothing.

Question is how do we use him this week. With no Fyfe there isnt a standout matchup for him. Maybe we will see him forward.

At least one of the bigs has to make way.

As you say happy to persist and see what he can do.

Question is how do we use him this week. With no Fyfe there isnt a standout matchup for him. Maybe we will see him forward.

At least one of the bigs has to make way.

As you say happy to persist and see what he can do.
Walters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back