Review Good/Bad vs Carlton - Rd 15

Remove this Banner Ad

How did people find the Butts vs McKay battle? I thought Jordy held his own in that. Was marking him as closely as i've ever seen him mark a player. McKay did a few nice things, but certainly didn't get off the leash.

I think most FB's would happily take 2 goals against the form KPF in the comp if offered.
Had to really scrap to compete. Ran close to the edge of the rules at times. Found a way to be competitive against a more talented opponent. Didn't concede anything without a fight.

Pretty good effort all told.

Yeah, I did too.

The Carlton players' reaction was way out of proportion to the severity of the incident imo, but gave a bit of an insight into the reputation that Fog's starting to build with the opposition (ie they are now starting to expect him to hurt people in the contest). No way they respond like they did if it was Himmelberg or Frampton that did that.

That sort of rep with the opposition can only help our forward line going forward.

The MRO seems to agree with you about the severity of the incident.

There is increasing proof that you need an incident to get wide media attention for a suspension to actually occur

Is there any reason at all not to think that the MRO dealt with this as part of their normal processes? Their announcement seems quite usual.

On the other hand, why hasn't the reserve umpire been suspended for not reporting the culprit? It was a comical sight to see him with the outstretched right hand. What was that? It looked like he was refereeing world championship wrestling. :)

williams the dog shouldve got more than 1 week.. but sucked in to him anyway.

Fog did nothing wrong and the MRO saw it that way. fog actually pulled back from making it a heavy bump, he couldve sent him flying into the front row of the stands.

Weitering should be fined for staging... he stayed down as if he’d been run over by a herd of elephants and then jumped up like a jack in the box the moment he realised he’d been payed a 50m penalty. worse than taking a dive.

Is there any reason at all not to think that the MRO dealt with this as part of their normal processes? Their announcement seems quite usual.

On the other hand, why hasn't the reserve umpire been suspended for not reporting the culprit? It was a comical sight to see him with the outstretched right hand. What was that? It looked like he was refereeing world championship wrestling. :)

Typical, but there is lots of stuff missed each week similar to the Selwood indiscretions from last week that don't blow up and lead to suspensions.

So Williams gets a week, yet the 4th ump was standing right there staring at Keays and did nothing? No free kick? Seems legit.
the whole free and 50m penalty shouldve been overturned and given to Keays.

the AFC should ask for a media broadcast apology from the AFL for the unbelievably incompetence from the umpires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st quarter we were very good except for our goal kicking, 2nd quarter Carlton were very good, 3rd and 4th were bottom team standard.

I know what you’re saying and I want to go there but six points to start the quarter against the rabble was just not very good. And the two late goals iced the sh!t cake.

so your view is no change at all? Don't add minutes to Schoey or Berry and do t give McHenry a run through there? Just keep doing the exact same thing over and over?

That’s not what I said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know what you’re saying and I want to go there but six points to start the quarter against the rabble was just not very good. And the two late goals iced the sh!t cake.
Very gettable goals missed as well and in case you haven't noticed we are in a rebuild so will be inconsistent like we've been all year and why Carlton started favourite and we had odd of $3+.

******* lol at all the Carlton supporters having a cry about Williams copping a week for literally smashing an opponents head into astro turf.
AFL scraping some income together I see

Lachie Plowman, Carlton, has been charged with Engaging in a Melee during the third quarter of the Round 15 match between Carlton and the Adelaide Crows, played at Marvel Stadium on Sunday, June 27, 2021.

In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.
A first offence for Engaging in a Melee is a $1500 sanction. An early plea enables the player to accept a $1000 sanction.

Ned McHenry, Adelaide Crows, has been charged with Engaging in a Melee during the third quarter of the Round 15 match between Carlton and the Adelaide Crows, played at Marvel Stadium on Sunday, June 27, 2021.

A first offence for Engaging in a Melee is a $1500 sanction. An early plea enables the player to accept a $1000 sanction.

Liam Stocker, Carlton, has been charged with Engaging in a Melee during the third quarter of the Round 15 match between Carlton and the Adelaide Crows, played at Marvel Stadium on Sunday, June 27, 2021.

Riley Thilthorpe, Adelaide Crows, has been charged with Engaging in a Melee during the third quarter of the Round 15 match between Carlton and the Adelaide Crows, played at Marvel Stadium on Sunday, June 27, 2021.

Sam Docherty, Carlton, has been charged with Engaging in a Melee during the third quarter of the Round 15 match between Carlton and the Adelaide Crows, played at Marvel Stadium on Sunday, June 27, 2021.

In summary, he can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

A second offence for Engaging in a Melee is a $2500 sanction. An early plea enables the player to accept a $1500 sanction.

Ben Keays, Adelaide Crows, has been charged with Engaging in a Melee during the third quarter of the Round 15 match between Carlton and the Adelaide Crows, played at Marvel Stadium on Sunday, June 27, 2021.

Jack Martin, Carlton, has been charged with Engaging in a Melee during the third quarter of the Round 15 match between Carlton and the Adelaide Crows, played at Marvel Stadium on Sunday, June 27, 2021.

Darcy Fogarty, Adelaide Crows, has been charged with Engaging in a Melee during the third quarter of the Round 15 match between Carlton and the Adelaide Crows, played at Marvel Stadium on Sunday, June 27, 2021.

Sam Docherty, Carlton, has been charged with Striking (Fixed Financial Sanction) Riley Thilthorpe, Adelaide Crows during the third quarter of the Round 15 match between Carlton and the Adelaide Crows, played at Marvel Stadium on Sunday, June 27, 2021.

In summary, he can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Striking (Fixed Financial Sanction). The incident was classified as a $2500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

Zac Williams, Carlton, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Ben Keays, Adelaide Crows, during the third quarter of the Round 15 match between Carlton and the Adelaide Crows, played at Marvel Stadium on Sunday, June 27, 2021.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Low Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back