Review Good/Bad vs Collingwood, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

The positive is Rory Laird played like an All Australian quality player in the midfield.

Keep him and ship off the Crouches
Replace mids that cant deliver the pill to another that accumulates and doesn’t deliver the pill and panick kicks Or handballs to someone with their feet planted when they are in troubLe. Please no.
Hes a handball chain at the best. I don’t trust him by foot at all, oh, like the Crouches.

Himmelberg with 13 and Fog 19 games as well.

Yeah it shows the absolute moonscape of senior ability.
players over 150 games with an inability to hold a ship steady, bite off more than they can chew and burden the younger players with a bigger mess.

Replace mids that cant deliver the pill to another that accumulates and doesn’t deliver the pill and panick kicks Or handballs to someone with their feet planted when they are in troubLe. Please no.
Hes a handball chain at the best. I don’t trust him by foot at all, oh, like the Crouches.
Wonder how he would have gone with Adam Treloar and Scott Pendlebury in there.

Wonder how he would have gone with Adam Treloar and Scott Pendlebury in there.
Well that astutely correct. Matt as the true insider would fair better on that occasion and you just need a second handball from stoppage type like Dusty x

No, we should have backed him in all of last season and all of this season and we might have seen it sooner.
Nothing worse than hindsight heroes, of whom there are many on this forum

From last year, when the majority of this forum wanted him dropped:
The difference is EH has shown commitment and effort, even if he hasn't gotten the result. Whereas JJ playing like that would have given up any interest in the first quarter after realizing he wasn't getting the game on his terms.

Also JJ has played 150 odd AFL games and is a supposed member of the leadership group. EH is a young kid who is still finding his feet at the level after finally earning a chance.

So yeah I think it's only natural to give EH a bit more wiggle room than you would to JJ.
Well played :thumbsupemoji:

Godden is a ******* idiot.

Just look at the way Rory Laird waltzed into the midfield with no training and totally pantsed the guys that were in there training his structure all season and pre-season

He's a terrible coach and there is mounting evidence this is true

Godden would think there'll be improvement once he's trained him into the structures a bit better. A lump of clay fo mould, can't wait to see what Godden brings out of him.

What is your problem with Laird playing midfield. How would Sloane or Matt Crouch have gone? What's your issue with Laird, he your Lyons midfield replacement?
I have no problem at all...what's your problem?

If you're looking for someone else to go tit for tat with as is your tendency I'm not that guy.

Nothing worse than hindsight heroes, of whom there are many on this forum

From last year, when the majority of this forum wanted him dropped:

Well played :thumbsupemoji:

I have a lot of posts to go through lol. That is some serious commitment to see what I said in the past. Hats off to you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was unaware of that. Purely on the fact he has done his knee and maybe not ready for next year. The fact remains despite us having a lot of Vic kids top end targets like him and Phillips will be chased hard from day one.

Lever is the classic case, showed heaps for us, next minute fat, big mouthed yob Brian Taylor is convincing him to leave us via the media. It was sickening. Unless they signed for 4 years straight up I'm not interested. Some good mids to be had besides those too.

Afc need to ram this home with the afl. Speculating, colluding, whatever else you want to call it by vic media commentators publicly encouraging players returning/moving to Vic is another bias that interstate teams have to contend with. Whose to say it is not just a mindless dumb commentary by the fat Brian Taylor types but a purposeful attempt to initiate the luring of players to specific vic clubs. This sort of commentary should be controlled by the Afl in just the same way comments on umpiring is currently treated. We shouldn't have to take this crap.

I mean, it's good that it is finally happening. But all 7 of those players should have played more than 10 games by now.
The rebuild needed to start last year. I mean I'm happy enough that they started 2019 trying to win a flag but come R12 the change needed to be made.

We went the other way

Bit convenient to do this in round 11.

Means that all the teams who had their good young players playing from round 1 fall off the list.
Not many would've played every game this year though, given the fixture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back