• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a chance to watch the replay again. Bit of a shame for it to end like this. Dawson going for the football in a crucial contest and has his head taken off. Ball spills out and siren goes.

In another universe Elliott doesnt decapitate him, Dawson has fair opportunity to pick up ball, passes off or kicks at goal himself and there's no issue about the influence of the umpire at all (ignore the Daicos 50). Through that lens you can see it made a difference to the result. The key issue is was that final contest a fair one, and it wasn't. And the AFL have admitted that.

Crows would have been very deserving winners if given that fair opportunity, and Pies would still have been deserving winners if we'd missed the shot, and we'd all be saying "you shouldnt have given up 8 goals in the third" or they'd be saying "you should have kicked straight in the first", and the question of the umpiring never comes into it. 🤷‍♂️

I don't expect this will ever change in Melbourne though, and having an extra umpire hasn't fixed it.

Time to move on and hope we get a few our way at the home Showdown.

As a supporter, I'm sure the anger I feel about coming so close to getting this big scalp is a tiny fraction of the anger felt by the players. I'm sure that'll be motivation enough.

Oh good. The 'we might have failed but itll totally motivate us for the next one just you see' version 87131 in our club's post 1998 history. Still waiting for the big motivated pay off to the 2005 qualifying final loss.

Has anyone mentioned ROBs two sublime kicks yet?

I definitely did at the game - couldn't believe them - Loved that he still handed off the 20m set shot for goal though haha

---

noticed in gym this morning there was talk about the missed free kicks for Adelaide - this is Melbourne TV - interesting that it made its way to discussion over here too (volume was down so couldn't hear what they were saying)

Has anyone mentioned ROBs two sublime kicks yet?
I have been critical of ROB in the past year, but he had a decent game as not only is his marking back, but his disposal was good. Smart to hand off the easy goal he would normally shank to Tex too.

Watched the second half again last night.

We played some brilliant footy in that half.

Apart from the loss, a lot of positives in that half.

But we really need to tighten up on our forward play/scoring shots. Better forward positioning and better kicking at goal is required to take the next step.

Has cost us three games this year and a top 4 spot. We may not even make Finals yet.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How good was that one minute passage near the beginning of the last quarter? They highlighted it on On The Couch

Worrell back with the flight, Butts goal line desperation, Jones kicking in danger free missed but courageous from him. It finished in a goal to them from memory but it was about the most intense patch of football I've seen all season

How good was that one minute passage near the beginning of the last quarter? They highlighted it on On The Couch

Worrell back with the flight, Butts goal line desperation, Jones kicking in danger free missed but courageous from him. It finished in a goal to them from memory but it was about the most intense patch of football I've seen all season
Was good preparation for when we play finals...

5:15 in 3rd quarter, Dawson held after contest. Commentators talking about a 50 that should be paid.

So that is 2 shots on goal we should have gotten, the other being the Milera contest in the 4th. Just like the one they paid Daicos in the 4th.

Though Walker goaled not long after in the 3rd so I guess it wasn't a big deal.

As desperate as some of our defending was yesterday the structures still feel a bit off. Still seeing some of those cheap little goals out the back. Don't get me wrong the defence stood up, but we give up some really soft ones and and if we can close some of those down we will do a much better job of holding onto leads. We've given our fair share of them up. Hope it is a focus in our recruitment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5:15 in 3rd quarter, Dawson held after contest. Commentators talking about a 50 that should be paid.

So that is 2 shots on goal we should have gotten, the other being the Milera contest in the 4th. Just like the one they paid Daicos in the 4th.

Though Walker goaled not long after in the 3rd so I guess it wasn't a big deal.
there also the goal they got from the goal square where they tried kicking the ball off the ground and instead kicked Hinge's leg out from under him.

As desperate as some of our defending was yesterday the structures still feel a bit off. Still seeing some of those cheap little goals out the back. Don't get me wrong the defence stood up, but we give up some really soft ones and and if we can close some of those down we will do a much better job of holding onto leads. We've given our fair share of them up. Hope it is a focus in our recruitment.
Our midfield set up seems off. Especially at stoppages around the ground. Opposition seems able to get it from inside to clean outside possessions too easily.

not if they are playing Port in the GF
Also it's been like 20 years of getting continually owned. It's not the ordinary ebb and flow, and it's too consistent to be a coincidence.

The worms not turning unless we become a better club.

I have been critical of ROB in the past year, but he had a decent game as not only is his marking back, but his disposal was good. Smart to hand off the easy goal he would normally shank to Tex too.
That wasn't ROB's only decent game this year, by a long shot.

Back