• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised the AFL didn't come out with an official response that the Dawson no call was a direct square up for the Fogarty/Murphy contact in the first game.

Umpiring influenced this outcome no doubt, but the real issue is the Crows keep putting themselves in these positions.

Umpiring influenced this outcome no doubt, but the real issue is the Crows keep putting themselves in these positions.

We were up by 13 points at 3QT, we came out, it was an arm wrestle, then the umpires handed Collingwood momentum on a platter and refused to pay obvious decision to us.

We DID put ourselves in a position to win, and we weren't allowed to

We were up by 13 points at 3QT, we came out, it was an arm wrestle, then the umpires handed Collingwood momentum on a platter and refused to pay obvious decision to us.

When we kick a winning score and they literally steal goals from us, what can we do?

No doubt....last quarter was 5.1 to 1.5. Even with the umpiring working against, even 2.4 wins it.

You can only take care of your own business and whilst I am fuming as much as anyone over the umpiring, the same team back in Round 7 won despite the umpiring. We got zero premiership points for a great effort, including putting on the best quarter of football I've seen from any team this year.

The thing I like about this team is they are developing a hard edge not seen since the premiership years, it would all be too easy for to play the victim as an excuse, we can be a lot better than that.

Last edited:
No doubt....last quarter was 5.1 to 1.5. Even with the umpiring working against, even 2.4 wins it.

You can only take care of your own business and whilst I am fuming as much as anyone over the umpiring, the same team back in Round 7 won despite the umpiring.

Two of those behinds were rushed. Another was the Rankine behind that was definitely a goal

Sure the Brodie Smith miss was terrible but we wouldn't have even needed to kick it if it was a fair contest

Two of those behinds were rushed. Another was the Rankine behind that was definitely a goal

Sure the Brodie Smith miss was terrible but we wouldn't have even needed to kick it if it was a fair contest
Kicking for goal in the 1st quarter was poor.

Again, agreed.

The fact is, even with the quality of list that Collingwood has and our own developing one....the true difference between the 2 teams demonstrated this year is that one has overcome an external adversity and the other one didn't.

We can go one of two ways here, either grow another layer of skin and be tougher for it or rest on our laurels as a club and bask in our great effort.

I'm really looking to see how they come out this week against North Melbourne, I would expect nothing less than a ruthless performance as a demonstration of the team's growing hardness.

Keays got fined $1000 for the spectacle swipe.

He should have given them to one of the umpires instead of giving them back to Cox...
He should get a bigger fine for the slow motion take possession and get tackled in the last minute

How good was that one minute passage near the beginning of the last quarter? They highlighted it on On The Couch

Worrell back with the flight, Butts goal line desperation, Jones kicking in danger free missed but courageous from him. It finished in a goal to them from memory but it was about the most intense patch of football I've seen all season
Yep, thought that at the time.

It was the kind of intensity you see in other games as a neutral and think, we don’t play in games like this.

Kicking for goal in the 1st quarter was poor.

It was, but we overcame that and hit the front.

Sure we could have dominated three quarters against Collingwood (tough ask) so the fourth quarter didn't matter, but they're a great side and probably wouldn't have allowed that even if we performed better early

What I would expect though is that when we put ourselves in a position to win at 3QT that we are given a fair chance to do so throughout the rest of the game - and I firmly believe we would have if that was the case

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, agreed.

The fact is, even with the quality of list that Collingwood has and our own developing one....the true difference between the 2 teams demonstrated this year is that one has overcome an external adversity and the other one didn't.

We can go one of two ways here, either grow another layer of skin and be tougher for it or rest on our laurels as a club and bask in our great effort.

I'm really looking to see how they come out this week against North Melbourne, I would expect nothing less than a ruthless performance as a demonstration of the team's growing hardness.

The story will tell itself at selection.

A ruthless club wouldn't guarantee selection based upon honourable losses, and would continuously seek improvement.

Is that us?

The story will tell itself at selection.

A ruthless club wouldn't guarantee selection based upon honourable losses, and would continuously seek improvement.

Is that us?

They will pick the usual suspects, they will canter through the game and then be gifted selection against Essendon and then we can reuse the same posts.

The angle I was on in the stands the Smith one looked like it was good straight off the boot, then suddenly stopped curling towards goal and went straight. Was off my chair as soon as he kicked it and then had to calm down a bit.

I don’t think I’ve seen pedlar complain or celebrate ever.
I liked his little agro bump into Markov straight after that incident. He is going to be a fearless competitor in time - hard not to the see the Gary Mc I comparisons - and just hoping he and Rachele join Dawson (and an aging Laird) in making our midfield top quartile sooner rather than later. To win a flag the next 2 years (24/25) whilst we have Tex - clearly our best forward with Fog underwhelming this year - we do seemingly need one more elite addition. Perhaps my suggestion to Reidy to go hard at Philipou this year (a couple of first rounders to Saints with their second and third coming back next year) would help but maybe not next year so much

Our forward line is already best, or very close to, in the comp and its young excluding Tex.

Backline brilliantly and cheaply compiled by Hamish with Murray, Hinge, Butts costing nothing but rookie picks and Worrell was rumoured to be a first round talent in the year taken. Max a bargain clearly. Milera needs to be cleaner and unfortunately seems to have lost a yard of pace but overall our defence is actually looking good

Max, Worrell, Hinge, Murray have massive upside considering the average games played is 24 games for this quartet. Its actually mind-boggling they are performing at this level already.

Back