• Rory Laird

• Wayne Milera

• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Lachlan Sholl

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like we pulled out one of our 'bottom 4 quality' performances on the road, again. We've seen this movie too many times.

Our midfield is crap - needs serious work if we are to win any finals in the next few years.

They absolutely killed us in the air and in the centre.

We don't deserve to play finals.

Does anyone else get the sense that whenever we're playing away the umpires simply never allow us to keep momentum for a significant time? Whenever we get a hint of momentum, the umps find a way to take it off us.

If Heppell can give up his midfield minutes and find another role in the side, so can Sloane, Laird, Keays. They offer nothing that Berry, Schoenberg etc wouldn't offer at the moment. Don't want to see Sholl play again until he is able to stand up in a contest. So frustrating that we go down by 3 goals and barely gave it a nudge all day.

First quarter s**t house.

Sloane's past it, cost 4 goals.

Murphy a non entity.

Scholl soft.

We played some good Footy for big parts of the game. But that start killed us. And our worst four/five players are bad

Playing one KPD an issue as well.

Pedlar and Rachele were good in the middle. Sloane should never be in the middle again.

Even if they have to limit Rachele and Pedlar CBA due to fitness roll Rankine/Sog even Keays ahead of Sloane.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a team supposedly in a youth led resurgence, we sure do seem to win and lose almost entirely on the form and efforts of our senior players.
Well, are you expecting the youngsters to carry the young side for the 2nd half of the season? The only senior player who has been consistent this year has been Walker and Dawson, even Laird has been hot and cold.

First quarter s**t house.

Sloane's past it, cost 4 goals.

Murphy a non entity.

Scholl soft.

We played some good Footy for big parts of the game. But that start killed us. And our worst four/five players are bad

Playing one KPD an issue as well.

Pedlar and Rachele were good in the middle. Sloane should never be in the middle again.

Even if they have to limit Rachele and Pedlar CBA due to fitness roll Rankine/Sog even Keays ahead of Sloane.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I disagree with the lesson you're taking from this.

The acid should be on the younger players - why didn't any of them stand up and take control of the game? Why do their efforts consistently have little impact on the results of games?

Sure we lost the game because the senior players s**t the bed, but the most important question is why is that still the case? We should be well past that by now.

Essendon midfield are constantly on the move forward and not fumbling.

They handballed into the space and kicked low to advantage.

Our mids were largely flat footed, struggled to move ball away with any fluency. Then if they got the ball, their kicks would be loopy and high giving forwards little chance.

Our forward crumbers rarely were at fall of the ball, either Bombers defenders mopping up unpressured.

The Good:

Dawson – very good 2nd half.
Hinge – apart from those 2 poor kicks in the 3rd. Has to be tried in the midfield. Tough, aggressive, skillful.
McHenry – Good game. Imagine if a few of his better skilled teammates had his aggression and courage. I don’t believe he’s AFL standard but you have to give the kid credit.
Laird

The Bad:

Victorian umpiring – We just have to accept that when we play in Victoria we get absolutely slaughtered by the umpires. It’s not just the ones they get it’s the blatant free kicks that they miss for us especially at crucial moments in the game. The Dawson blatant 50 in the 3rd and the O’Brien block in the 4th. National competition my ass.
Nicks – I’ve always given him the benefit of the doubt given the horrendous list he was handed. But he’s been there 5 years now. He’s just not a very good coach.
Murphy – Typical Murphy nothing game.
Sloane – Just retire – NOW. Embarrassing.
Soligo. I had high expectations at the start of the year but - hmmmm. Given his age you have to give him some leeway and give him a pass for the season.
Young midfielders – they don’t exist.

The Soft:

Milera – zero intensity at the man.
Sholl – Would get out bodied in the under 14’s.
Rachelle – He’s only young but I hate to call this kid out but he really doesn’t like hitting the body/contest. That play in the 3rd was cringeable. Will he ever be tough enough to be considered a genuine full time midfielder?

My two-month-old asked me today “why is Rory Sloane still considered a best 22 player if he’s as slow as a glacier and has average skills?”. I replied, “I don’t know”. We then sat and cried together

Back