• James Rowe

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mutineer may give you the tutorial if you ask nicely

(Or post something he doesn't agree with)
You just know Bicks is going to give you a thumbs down for speaking the truth.

Basically that we keep recruiting the same type of player - the scrappy types.
He basically said what we all know that Hamish goes after short scrappers like McHenry and that he doesn't rate height, skill, pace and composure.
Did he say we are s**t?
He waffles a bit --- eloquence is not his long suit --- but the gist of what he said is spot on (which is hard for me to admit, because I loathe the mug that he is).
The Crows have recruited scrappy types with poor ball-handling/kicking skills.

He waffles a bit --- eloquence is not his long suit --- but the gist of what he said is spot on (which is hard for me to admit, because I loathe the mug that he is).
The Crows have recruited scrappy types with poor ball-handling/kicking skills.
But he should have added we then had godden 'hone' their skills whilst kicking their heels in the SANFL. I can hear an 'ode to joy' hymning in the background thinking about it

I come in peace - attended the game on Sunday arvo I’ve hardly watched any Adelaide this yr but thought I’d come in here to say what I saw as a neutral.

- Why is Nicks playing Dawson back for so long? Went wing late and immediately added another attacking dimension thought it should’ve happened way earlier.

- Hadn’t seen much of Jordon Butts before but gee he is a unit in the flesh. He looked absolutely battered mid to late in the 4th behind the ball he was hands on knees heaving but kept willing himself at contests poor bloke couldn’t catch a break.

- Soligo was easily your most composed mid ball in hand. I couldn’t believe how much ball the Crows mids had all game when I checked the stats after Crouch/Laird the main 2.

Felt like the coaching was poor just watching tactically just had nothing to get past the centre of the ground for a long period of time. Has kick ins always been a particular weakness?

Richmond were going nowhere under Hardwick and they had a better list than ours. Next thing…

My point is this board is way too quick to write off players/coaches etc. Then again he could turn out like Mark Nield…

Did we sack Robert Shaw too soon? Is it too late to reinstate Sando?

And Richmond were going a lot, lot better under Hardwick than this mob of no hopers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond were going nowhere under Hardwick and they had a better list than ours. Next thing…

Hardwick went 6 wins, 8 wins, 10 wins, 15 wins in his first 4 seasons.

Nicks went 3 wins, 7 wins, and now has 4 wins after 14 rounds. We haven't improved in his 3rd season and Nicks and the club have dug their own grave.

I come in peace - attended the game on Sunday arvo I’ve hardly watched any Adelaide this yr but thought I’d come in here to say what I saw as a neutral.

- Why is Nicks playing Dawson back for so long? Went wing late and immediately added another attacking dimension thought it should’ve happened way earlier.

- Hadn’t seen much of Jordon Butts before but gee he is a unit in the flesh. He looked absolutely battered mid to late in the 4th behind the ball he was hands on knees heaving but kept willing himself at contests poor bloke couldn’t catch a break.

- Soligo was easily your most composed mid ball in hand. I couldn’t believe how much ball the Crows mids had all game when I checked the stats after Crouch/Laird the main 2.

Felt like the coaching was poor just watching tactically just had nothing to get past the centre of the ground for a long period of time. Has kick ins always been a particular weakness?

Dawson - I can only assume he's using our best player to try and plug gaps, rather than structuring the defense properly and allowing Dawson to be a weapon on the wing. Poor coaching and a black mark for Nicks

Butts - Rookie drafted and only played 34 games. He was an absolute steal, and having to deal with 60+ inside 50's against every week must be a hard slog against the oppositions premier forward.

Soligo - What you're saying mirrors what our board have been saying about our midfield having lots of meaningless possesions with no hurt factor, and also lines up well with Hugh Greenwood's tweet to Roo from a couple of years ago. “What a shock!! Someone at the Crows more concerned about disposals than actual impact on the game. Who would have thought,”

Kick-ins - Yep always been an issue. We go long to the right, with 2-3 of our talls all competing in the air, only for the ball to fall to the ground, all our mids get sucked in to the contest, oppo work it to the outside, transition to the center of the ground and lace out a forward on the chest. I have PTSD when it comes to our kick ins.

Can we sack Nicks and replace him with this guy please?

I heard yesterday on a couple TV news channels that Nicks was doing the rounds of media/radio interviews , (I want to say) to make excuses for his contentious selections and misplaced faith in a possession-amassing yet totally ineffective midfield, but I don't know what he was asked or what he said.

Anybody got any info on that, or heard any of what Nicks had to say, please?
Scorpus ? Bearded Clam? Drugs Are Bad Mackay? Sanders? George Kramer ? Kane McGoodwin?

Has the negative feedback finally found its way back to Nicks et al and he is scrambling to justify what he's been doing?

I thought Berry was our most effective mid, but Soligo can football, for sure.
Otherwise, well spotted/said.

To the rest of Adelaide BF, even an oppo supporter can spot what Nicks et al have failed to see.
To my eye, the Crows looked disenchanted and fragmented vs GCS. I don't think they're a team inspired by their Coach's plans or united in purpose.
It wouldn't surprise me if moves are afoot to sack Nicks, or at least help him through a Hardwick-like resurrection.

Sorry, I've had a massive few days and only just now catching up.

Tim and Rod made themselves available for a pre-match function - it's been a while between drinks.

Tim talked about his background at Hawthorn, and then the Club in general terms (financial performance over and through COVID), our new home (that with the new government, the Brompton decision was being reviewed, although they don't think that will change) and about their concerns re bums on seats. He said that 70% of respondents to the "Why aren't you coming to the football?" survey they did a few weeks ago, listed COVID as the main reason. He said we still average over 31,000 at every game and that is still in the top 5 for the league. He is also aware that the advent of COVID has changed peoples habits and some have decided its comfier (and cheaper) at home. I also suggested pricing was a huge issue (not just ticketing, but food/drinks as well). He said this is why they were looking at the whole "match day experience". I mentioned to him that the AFL clearly sent a contingent over to the US to attend basketball, nfl, hockey and baseball games to see how they could enhance OUR game days. I also pointed out that in my experience, Americans are quite the different beast (having lived in North America for 5 years) and the whole "game day" thing for them is more about the social aspect of the day (the drink, the food and the company) than it is about the actual game. Whereas I believe that the majority of us are all about the footy and far less about the music blaring out after every goal, 7th innings stretch and bloody kiss cam hooplah etc. He asked if others agreed and the majority did. He asked about the band before games, whether we thought they were a good idea... (Killing Heidi in early rounds, and apparently working on another band in the next few home games) and the majority agreed they could do whatever they liked before the game, and half time and after, but leave the game alone! When we met up with him and John Olsen last year at the Cairns game, they were keen to get out to as many supporter groups as possible, to listen to what supporters had to say. They are certainly saying all the right things, and showing a much more concerted effort to actually listen, but whether they act on that, who knows?

I then asked him about the umpiring this year. I pointed out that there had been at least a couple of games where I thought the umpires had significant impact on the outcome of these games and I wondered whether they ever approached the AFL for a "please explain"? and if they did, why they didn't communicate that to the supporters? He said they review the umpiring after every game and will send a list to the AFL of incidents they felt should have been paid but weren't. There were two games in particular they sent these lists - one with 32 incidents - the umpire involved in that game didn't get called up the following week! He said the umpiring had been a problem across the board this year, that they only had a very small pool to draw from but he felt that with Brad Scott now in charge, that changes would be forthcoming. Again, time will tell.

I'll write Rod's exchange up a little later when I have a spare minute.

I thought Berry was our most effective mid, but Soligo can football, for sure.
Otherwise, well spotted/said.

To the rest of Adelaide BF, even an oppo supporter can spot what Nicks et al have failed to see.
To my eye, the Crows looked disenchanted and fragmented vs GCS. I don't think they're a team inspired by their Coach's plans or united in purpose.
It wouldn't surprise me if moves are afoot to sack Nicks, or at least help him through a Hardwick-like resurrection.
Berry is similar to Newcombe at the Hawks. Both are gonna be real good players.

Back