Review Good/Bad vs Gold Coast, Rd 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

'Alo, Boys!

selection-finger-jpg.1091292
Is... Is he flipping us the bird???

Just finished watching the match.

The Suns brought the heat and would have probably got the win if Witts hadn't gotten injured.

Good
Managing to not see spoilers despite not watching the game last night
Tex - Collossus-like performance.
Sloane - best game since 2017
Keays was very good again
Smith was excellent once again (just needs to get games like last week out of his system)
Berry got his goal
Goalkicking was better this week - apart from McHenry's set shot (LOL)
McHenry's tackle in the goalsqare in the fourth quarter. I yelled BALLLL from in front of my screen lol.
Berry's tackle on Luko that led to McHenry's goal.
Rankine. Bring him home.

Okay
Seedsman - some very good, some very bad. Frustrating player.

Bad
Frampton is done. Himmelberg in next week.
Didn't like Laird's game despite his numbers looking okay. Too many fumbles and panicked disposals
Clearance work, particularly in the first and third quarters
Brown shouldn't have played. Was struggling to cover the ground like he normally does. Poor selection.
The umpiring square up was always going to happen after our first two games

Ugly
Selection nearly cost us the match. We're totally outsized down back and it is hurting Doedee's game in particular. Dropping Murray was an abhorrent decision - Kelly actually played pretty well and should have replaced Mackay instead of Brown.
Our lack of top end talent. Our kids are good but where's our Rankine/King/Anderson/Luko? We need to start having something to show for our early picks.
ROB - Bloated Contract Syndrome. I don't care how well he played once Witts went off injured, he was disgracefully bad. Another performance like that next week and a spell in the twos beckons.
The two Ainsworth misses effectively won us the game. I don't think we played as well as we can and quite a few players were having an off night so it was a win full of merit and not a game we would have won 18 months ago . GC really came to win that and you could see the disappointment on their faces likely knowing we didn't play our best and still managed to find a way.

Dunno, think ams4crows had a point.
Yep, it certainly wouldn’t have been a mistake to get both King boys at 2 and 3... and with hindsight you could absolutely argue that it would have been the right call. Lukosious is a beautiful mover, though hasn’t had the impact of a lot of other top draft picks from the last few years have had, and Rankine is in the same boat. I’d love to have both at the Crows but not convinced they’re head and shoulders above any number of other high end draftees.

Yep, it certainly wouldn’t have been a mistake to get both King boys at 2 and 3... and with hindsight you could absolutely argue that it would have been the right call. Lukosious is a beautiful mover, though hasn’t had the impact of a lot of other top draft picks from the last few years have had, and Rankine is in the same boat. I’d love to have both at the Crows but not convinced they’re head and shoulders above any number of other high end draftees.
Rankine would go to another level with us. He is the one to target. Will be a champion.

Brodie Smith was next level last night. He’s quietly back to his AA form as well.

I kept thinking during the game who is going to take the kick ins when he's gone?

His ability to kick the ball 65+ metres gives us a massive advantage.

Me too. Dwayne is fine. I used to really like him and Tim Lane as the ABC's radio commentary team back in the olden days.

I'm still not completely certain he hasn't just recorded his 20 most common phrases and they don't play them on a loop while he sits in the bar.

Regarding Ned, he can actually kick 40m. Him not making the distance last night is psychological. Needs to work on his composure.

Needs to fix this asap.

He marked the ball in a similar spot against Sydney but quickly passed it off to Lynch who missed anyway.

I was not happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back