Review Good/Bad vs Gold Coast, Rd 3 2021

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Luko is a great player but I don't think he is a pressing need for us. Certainly not given how much it would cost to obtain him.

A classy elite midfielder is a much bigger priority. Forget him and Rankine until that's sorted.
Yep.. get the class mid this year and a couple of other decent mids with our other picks..

then end of next year throw the kitchen sink and all the cutlery at both Rankine and luko... go all out to get both back home.. give the suns every single pick we have in the 2022 draft if we have to.

We will have a ton of spare coin in our cap to offer them and both lads are massive crows suppporters. Get em home to play for the club they grew up loving.

we chuck those two into our side around the same time our current youngsters have 30-40 games under their belts, and are starting to hit their straps, and we’ll be laughing.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
He is the best imo. BT is a child trying to be funny. Can't stand that idiot.
Probably a controversial opinion but..

I highly rate brereton as a commentator.. he’s always un biased, seems to have a soft spot for the crows and reads the play so unbelievably well.. he sees things happen and predicts whats going to occur on the field better than any other commentator of the game.

I like Carey and Brad Johnson as well.. for pretty much the same reasons, all three were incredible footballers that just provide top notch insights into the game as commentators, although Brad doesnt really commontate that much, more pre and post game analysis. Suprised none of them went into coaching.. great football brains.

And I couldnt give a s**t if anyone disagrees with me!..

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

I highly rate brereton as a commentator.. he’s always un biased, seems to have a soft spot for the crows and reads the play so unbelievably well.. he sees things happen and predicts whats going to occur on the field better than any other commentator of the game.

I like Carey and Brad Johnson as well.. for pretty much the same reasons, all three were incredible footballers that just provide top notch insights into the game as commentators, although Brad doesnt really commontate that much, more pre and post game analysis. Suprised none of them went into coaching.. great football brains.

And I couldnt give a sh*t if anyone disagrees with me!..
He's not really unbiased though is he, nor is Johnson.

Carey absolutely though

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's not fair. Billy is definitely a competitor. His talent level maybe isn't high, but he certainly goes at it.
Completely disagree , I saw him dodge body contact multiple times live on sat night

don’t get confused with dishing out a few cheap shots with being hard at the footy and the man in general play

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Like I said you couldn't have watched watched the SANFL game, there appears to be something up with Himmelberg, he's playing DGAF football, he's bigger. taller, stronger and I daresay more athletic than his Panthers opponents but there was zero urgency about his football. Maybe he's got the shits with Frampton getting the gig ahead of him but it's up to him to get his head around that and perform to force the selection panel's hand.
He’s kind of been like that the whole time unfort , didn’t get the nickname the big easy for nothing

I hope he realises it’s on him to take his opportunities in the AFL world and no one else , he’s got AFL level talent so he should be cementing his spot in the side

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Not sure I agree with the coaches re ROB, comprehensively beaten until Witts' injury

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Klug

Team Captain
Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Woodville West Torrens FC

Dermie juuuuuusssst needs to be a litttttle more succinct in his expert analysis, and not talk to the audience like they are 8 years old.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
He is the best imo. BT is a child trying to be funny. Can't stand that idiot.

Interesting how differently we see these commentators!

I think Brayshaw is a complete w***er, always puts on his serious good mate “across the journey” voice, whereas BT is just good fun

Then again, I quite like Rowey, so... 😄

n4sir

Team Captain
Feb 23, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Miami Dolphins

Count me in the highly rate Brereton group, I have been for a long time. As a side commentator he comes up with observations that are spot on and incisive, very much like Blighty at his best. (I rate Carey too).

I remember a few years ago seeing him do a physical demonstration with another commentator (Lynch or Carey?) of how Selwood generates high free kicks by pulling his shoulders in at the point of tackle. I think he would have made a great position coach, but I guess there were better and easier ways to make money while staying connected to the sport. Can't blame him really.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Count me in the highly rate Brereton group, I have been for a long time. As a side commentator he comes up with observations that are spot on and incisive, very much like Blighty at his best. (I rate Carey too).

I remember a few years ago seeing him do a physical demonstration with another commentator (Lynch or Carey?) of how Selwood generates high free kicks by pulling his shoulders in at the point of tackle. I think he would have made a great position coach, but I guess there were better and easier ways to make money while staying connected to the sport. Can't blame him really.

He was advising GWS at one stage, I believe.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting how differently we see these commentators!

I think Brayshaw is a complete w***er, always puts on his serious good mate “across the journey” voice, whereas BT is just good fun

Then again, I quite like Rowey, so... 😄
I didn't mind BT when he worked at Fox Footy but once he went to Channel 7 it went to his head and he rubs me the wrong way and tries way too hard. Then he spruiked Lever to prospective clubs all year to help him move to another club at an inflated price. He should have been sanctioned or sacked for this. He also rarely has a good word to say about the crows and comes across as a false grandstander.

I don't mind Brayshaw. Is one of the better commentators at just sticking to the game and wasn't bad on the footy show. Seems fair in his commentary without scoring points throughout the coverage which BT does consistently.

Last edited:
Back