Review Good/Bad vs Gold Coast, Round 1 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of interest who actually tipped the Crows in the tipping comp? For the record I tipped the favourites the Suns who had all the advantages of their home deck, conditions and no key players not available unless you rate Lachie Weller I suppose.
I tipped the suns because they have recruited better.

Burgo pulled him out of the group as they were leaving the ground doing sprints and run throughs. So something was going on.
The sub quite often does that.

If we win, comes back out after the song to do some run throughs.

If we lose, starts the run through asap.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gold Coast's list is certainly better than ours. They've got 17 players taken in the top 20 in the draft, including 8 players taken in the top 5, of which two are their starting midfielders.

Of those 17 players, 12 are clear best 22 and 11 played on the weekend. The other 5 are recent draftees Walter, Rogers and Read, plus Andrew. The only confirmed "bust" is depth player Sam Day. That's a very strong strike record.

With a powerful midfield, great key position talent at both ends, decent role players and some very handy sub 50 game developing players, their list is in very good shape. Plenty of players in or close to their prime, more overall experience than us...

They've just been underperforming under Stuart Dew

Last edited:
Gold Coast's list is certainly better than ours. They've got 17 players taken in the top 20 in the draft, including 8 players taken in the top 5, of which two are their starting midfielders.

Of those 17 players, 12 are clear best 22 and 11 played on the weekend. The other 5 are recent draftees Walter, Rogers and Read, plus Andrew. The only "bust" is depth player Sam Day. That's a very strong strike record.

With a powerful midfield, great key position talent at both ends, decent role players and some very handy sub 50 game developing players, their list is in very good shape.

It's been designed that way.

Lukosius, Rankine (turned into Humphrey), King in one draft.
Rowell, Anderson and Flanders in another.
Stuffed up Hollands pick, but 2020 looks a bit weak in that range.
Mac Andrew
Walter, Read and Rogers
More NgA guns to come.

AFL is making sure they succeed.

Of those 17 players, 12 are clear best 22 and 11 played on the weekend. The other 5 are recent draftees Walter, Rogers and Read, plus Andrew. The only "bust" is depth player Sam Day. That's a very strong strike record.

With a powerful midfield, great key position talent at both ends, decent role players and some very handy sub 50 game developing players, their list is in very good shape. Plenty of players in or close to their prime, more overall experience than us...

Yeah no doubt they’re talented, I’d be very surprised if they didn’t make their first finals appearance in the next two years

They’ve been in a very, VERY good position to add talent to their list though, more so than any other AFL club

Yeah no doubt they’re talented, I’d be very surprised if they didn’t make their first finals appearance in the next two years

They’ve been in a very, VERY good position to add talent to their list though, more so than any other AFL club
Of course. They appear to have made the most of what's been given to them.

Tipping them was pretty easy based on their list and playing at home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course. They appear to have made the most of what's been given to them.

Tipping them was pretty easy based on their list and playing at home
Exactly, based on the extra high amount of talent on their list, not because they’ve necessarily ‘recruited better’

... until it was too late. :mad:

Winning/tying that game might have had 2 consequences, either
1) give them a boost and confidence, not just the 4 points,
or
2) paper over the first 3 quarters' shitness.
Maybe both.
Imagine tying or stealing a game on the back of an eighth of a game of decent footy! :poov1: :expressionless:
The 6-point loss flattered the Crows and will give Nicks motivation ...
to back the boys in.
I don't really buy into "wallpapering over the cracks". There is never a negative to winning a game of footy. Games and performances get reviewed regardless of if you win or lose. Teams know if they've got out of jail. Good teams sometimes win games they probably don't deserve to.

Some would argue that Collingwood's persistent getting out of jail and winning games they shouldn't have won in 2022 was wallpapering over the cracks..

Some would argue that Collingwood's persistent getting out of jail and winning games they shouldn't have won in 2022 was wallpapering over the cracks..
Some might.
I wouldn't.

McRae put his players through fight-from-behind match simulations. They trained for those fightbacks, often, and achieved many on match days. I despise Collingwood, but have immense respect for McRae and what he's done over there.
Btw, did you mean 2023?

Didn't he also give a 50 that also resulted in a goal? Or was it someone else?

We lost by 1 goal so if he did give that 50, he was the difference
Coach should make a statement by making Smith the sub this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back