Review Good/Bad vs Gold Coast, Round 1 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Im more pissed off at the 876 priority draft picks/Concessions Norf Melbourne have been getting over last few years, they've been given more charity than a Vinnies shop.

The VFL always have and always will screw us over in teh draft stuff.

Look at 2020, the one year we finish genuine bottom yet miss out on JUH because of that academy BS. Then, sure enough they go and change the rules in the following seasons to prevent that. Dont even mention the Tippet stuff (yet Essendon cheat and still get pick 1 etc), the sh*t Dangerifeld 'trade' compensation etc etc. We will always get rear ended.

Surely one of Edwards, Curtin, Dowling, Taylor, Bond, Berry etc will come on and be a decent mid...

Im more pissed off at the 876 priority draft picks/Concessions Norf Melbourne have been getting over last few years, they've been given more charity than a Vinnies shop.

The VFL always have and always will screw us over in teh draft stuff.

Look at 2020, the one year we finish genuine bottom yet miss out on JUH because of that academy BS. Then, sure enough they go and change the rules in the following seasons to prevent that. Dont even mention the Tippet stuff (yet Essendon cheat and still get pick 1 etc), the sh*t Dangerifeld 'trade' compensation etc etc. We will always get rear ended.

Surely one of Edwards, Curtin, Dowling, Taylor, Bond, Berry etc will come on and be a decent mid...

Despite all the priority picks North's list is horribly balanced

Despite all the priority picks North's list is horribly balanced
They are like the Anti-Crows with their re-build. They have focused all of of their attention on the midfield and ignored their forward line and defence. As you said they are very unbalanced, you need to have quality all over the ground, not just in the middle.

They are like the Anti-Crows with their re-build. They have focused all of of their attention on the midfield and ignored their forward line and defence. As you said they are very unbalanced, you need to have quality all over the ground, not just in the middle.
We've gone for B grade talent everywhere and nothing in the midfield.

And got the match winner Malcolm Rosas absolutely for free as part of their NT concessions. :mad:
And it's not even over yet. After taking 3 first round picks last year, they currently have 2 first round picks and 3 second round picks in this year's draft. As if they need more top end talent.

Compare that to the Eagles drafting. A team that is in dire need of any talent. If we assume the current draft hand of both teams does not change this year; the Suns will have taken 5 first round picks and 4 second round picks in the 23/24 drafts, while the Eagles will have only taken 2 first round picks and 3 second round picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL soft cap is $7.3 million.

Paying one person who's not on our coaching staff more than 10% of the cap for the entire football department sound like madness to me
Some coaches are on 1M and the high performance head $400k

With us it’s likely burgess is 700-800k and nicks 600-650k

I guess it’s same result between the 2 of the positions

Hearing it’s a 2 year extension so will be interesting , they’ll prob wait for a win then announce

Hopefully the win isn’t in round 6 😂

Lots of pressure coming if we can’t beat Geelong at home and by no means will it be easy

I’m sure Soligo coming on as sub 15-20 mins earlier fits in with framework of the the plan they hatched , just less time running post game

Tex was left at home so not sure that theory exactly fits and people comparing milera with soligo don’t know how many kms milera got into his legs outdoors ( while Soligo was rehabbing inside in the gym and alter G)
Bump …. Don’t agree with the 2 year extension at this point of the season but did point out I get some info from time to time from a couple of sources

The Dawson captaincy called about 5-6 weeks in advance was another one

Also re Soligo - like Burns said in presser … anyway can’t please them all time to move on

Let’s get fired up for Murphs 100 😆

Bump …. Don’t agree with the 2 year extension at this point of the season but did point out I get some info from time to time from a couple of sources

The Dawson captaincy called about 5-6 weeks in advance was another one

Also re Soligo - like Burns said in presser … anyway can’t please them all time to move on

Let’s get fired up for Murphs 100 😆
With Nicks announcement and Luckys 100 it’s hard

Are you just guessing he’s on more than Nicks?
Not a guess
Here you go Matty have two more years!
Yep , I’d say it was done already

We know how these things work , they normally get released a few weeks after getting done

It wouldn’t have been done this week

Not excited by the decision at this point of season at all

Not a guess

Yep , I’d say it was done already

We know how these things work , they normally get released a few weeks after getting done

It wouldn’t have been done this week

Not excited by the decision at this point of season at all
Yeah I was being sarcastic.
Which makes it even worse that we didn’t have a look at the team this season before signing him.

Brisbane look to have at least 2 guns coming in F/S mid Levi Ashcroft probably at least a top 5 prospect and Academy big bodied mid Sam Marshall currently schooling in Melbourne's Private School System (Melbourne Grammar and suiting up for the Sandringham Dragons a likely pick 10 - 15, maybe higher.
It’s become a joke. The draft is so compromised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back