• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see why Rachele got upset and Lloyd’s comments this morning are just so far off the mark. If the umpires police these hits from the GWS players properly from the start, then Rachele doesn’t react like that and it sends a message for the rest of the game. Instead, it just got worse as players realised they could get away with it and obviously Rachele was fed up and lashed out.

How about the bloke that smashed Laird in the back - don’t think he touched the ball but maybe he did - and didn’t even give a free away?

The umpiring was *ing disgrace - note the ball knocked out of Pedlars hands after he marked on 50, some ridiculous down the ground free resulting in a goal against Laird and numerous others. Was a joke

I don’t blame Rachele for having a crack - and would have liked to see a few boys fly the flag a couple of times

No doubt GWS knew they were bigger and stronger and used that to their advantage at times

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can see why Rachele got upset and Lloyd’s comments this morning are just so far off the mark. If the umpires police these hits from the GWS players properly from the start, then Rachele doesn’t react like that and it sends a message for the rest of the game. Instead, it just got worse as players realised they could get away with it and obviously Rachele was fed up and lashed out.
Nah I just think Rachele needs to be better and more cool under fire … they got inside his head and it was Obvs pre planned

The leaders also need to get to him sooner , I did like the way Dawson gave him some strong advice but also needs to be some support for him earlier and not allow the giants to do it to start with

It will be a great learning experience for Josh and I’m sure he will take it on board

How about the bloke that smashed Laird in the back - don’t think he touched the ball but maybe he did - and didn’t even give a free away?

The umpiring was *ing disgrace - note the ball knocked out of Pedlars hands after he marked on 50, some ridiculous down the ground free resulting in a goal against Laird and numerous others. Was a joke

I don’t blame Rachele for having a crack - and would have liked to see a few boys fly the flag a couple of times

No doubt GWS knew they were bigger and stronger and used that to their advantage at times

To be fair I actually thought our players were straight in there the first time they left one in after a tackle on Rachele.

I've generally been critical of our flying the flag in the past but it has improved in the last year.

To be fair I actually thought our players were straight in there the first time they left one in after a tackle on Rachele.

I've generally been critical of our flying the flag in the past but it has improved in the last year.

I go to all the games and Rankine particularly - Rachele on occasion- always get a scragged, hit and pushed off the ball. My old school coaching would be to tell Fog and Walker that they take every opportunity to smash those blokes- with knees in pack marks or tackles, fair shirtfronts etc. don’t let them get away with it and make them pay every single opportunity you get - even in the last minute of a game. Within the current guidelines

We don’t do enough of that

There’s so much obvious stuff.

But here’s one.

If all we were ever going to do with Rankine was park him in the forward 50, I would have preferred we kept the draft pick and got Phillipou.

Tracking for a 40-45 goal year. 4 of his last 8 games has got 20 disposals. How many players in the comp do that? 5, maybe 8?
16th in score involvements for the year - equal with Dawson and up from 81st last year? 16th - 18 teams!!

So many uninformed, off the cuff, wish we had - opinions on this board it is insane.

Focus on the things that are actually wrong or need fixing

We have been shafted with regards to mids. Anderson should be ours and if he was our midfield would look pretty complete - just waiting for Peds and Rach to add genuine depth with experience.
The one off decision to help GC keep “mates” together to assist retention has screwed us royally through the worst of our rebuild.
Somehow we need to find a way to cover this and hopefully we can do that this draft

Tracking for a 40-45 goal year. 4 of his last 8 games has got 20 disposals. How many players in the comp do that? 5, maybe 8?
16th in score involvements for the year - equal with Dawson and up from 81st last year? 16th - 18 teams!!

So many uninformed, off the cuff, wish we had - opinions on this board it is insane.

Focus on the things that are actually wrong or need fixing

We have been shafted with regards to mids. Anderson should be ours and if he was our midfield would look pretty complete - just waiting for Peds and Rach to add genuine depth with experience.
The one off decision to help GC keep “mates” together to assist retention has screwed us royally through the worst of our rebuild.
Somehow we need to find a way to cover this and hopefully we can do that this draft

I’m not disputing Izak Rankine is so good at football that he manages to impact most games - and sometimes totally change the course of a game - despite the way he is being used.

The parallels between Rankine this year and Dawson last year are obvious. But then I searched your posts about Dawson and was totally (not) shocked to see that you were on board with him playing in defence.

So yeh I guess I’m uninformed.

Also it’s 4 years at the pointy end of the draft since we had Anderson taken away from us so it’s probably time to stop blaming the AFL for the fact our midfield is gash and figure out how to fix it.

One idea I have is to put the closest thing I’ve seen to McLeod since the man himself retired in the midfield.

I’m not disputing Izak Rankine is so good at football that he manages to impact most games - and sometimes totally change the course of a game - despite the way he is being used.

The parallels between Rankine this year and Dawson last year are obvious. But then I searched your posts about Dawson and was totally (not) shocked to see that you were on board with him playing in defence.

Also it’s 4 years at the pointy end of the draft since we had Anderson taken away from us so it’s probably time to stop blaming the AFL for the fact our midfield is gash and figure out how to fix it.

One idea I have is to put the closest thing I’ve seen to McLeod since the man himself retired in the midfield.
Yep surely this game with a defender all over him was the chance to get rankine into the midfield , a failed chance

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rachele needs to not be Hollywood everytime he goes near the ball, he reminds me of Rozee in his early years. Hopefully his next few go the same way but incredibly frustrating at times.
He doesn’t dive anywhere near as much as Rozee though.
Maybe he needs to be taught

He doesn’t dive anywhere near as much as Rozee though.
Maybe he needs to be taught
Does go to ground a lot though. Needs to have a big pre season imo.

To me he plays like a soccer player. More inclined to try and wrong foot an opponent than put the foot down. Always looking for the fancy step, or tap on, or fend. He just needs to grit the teeth and get fit, and play like an aussie rules player.

We have drafted Pedlar Rachele and Soligo in terms of midfield since then as well. However it takes time to get to the level - o outside of exciting flashes. There many on this board that thought Rozee had plateaued at the start of last season and wasn’t going to be a significant mid - and yet here we ar in his 5 th season and he is a gun

Or, they just let you lot foam at the mouth and make general idiots if yourselves about something you have absolutely no control over? There is that….
See the problem with this is argument is that you have just as much control over whether we win and we know these wise old stoics will strut around here like fat pigeons the moment results fall our way.

We have drafted Pedlar Rachele and Soligo in terms of midfield since then as well. However it takes time to get to the level - o outside of exciting flashes. There many on this board that thought Rozee had plateaued at the start of last season and wasn’t going to be a significant mid - and yet here we ar in his 5 th season and he is a gun

The Rozee comparison is extremely valid.

3C2E95D9-53E5-4046-962E-9377ACFA59A8.png
C06F336D-4053-4E14-9748-D5B8066BBF7D.png
2020 was obviously shortened quarters but even when you factor that in Rachele’s numbers are similar/better.

Hamish also recruited midfielders in Gallucci, Polholke, Signorella, O'Connor, Shoenberg, Berry, Cook, Jones, McHenry, Sholl and we traded for Hately and Brown
How many of those picks are playing midfield for us.
And none of the guys you listed above are doing anything apart from the odd cameo through the midfield now.
Our midfield currently get smashed around the ground when we play anyone that has a couple of good midfielders in their team.
There seems to be a little too much blind faith in the club considering what we have been through and where we are at.

Yeah every team is bigger and stronger . Hell against Essendon we looked like school team playing AFl team and their overall difference in age and games played not a lot different.
In regard to Rachelle I don't agree with those defending him as obviously he has got ahead of himself and when come time now to actually perform to the publicity he has been given, he has been caught out in effort and application and even more so due to his reaction he will be targeted by all teams.

Yeah every team is bigger and stronger . Hell against Essendon we looked like school team playing AFl team and their overall difference in age and games played not a lot different.
In regard to Rachelle I don't agree with those defending him as obviously he has got ahead of himself and when come time now to actually perform to the publicity he has been given he has been caught out in effort and application and even more so due to his reaction he will be targeted by all teams.
Hamish loves a short tryer. It's what he looks for.

Back