• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Does go to ground a lot though. Needs to have a big pre season imo.

To me he plays like a soccer player. More inclined to try and wrong foot an opponent than put the foot down. Always looking for the fancy step, or tap on, or fend. He just needs to grit the teeth and get fit, and play like an aussie rules player.
Big drop off from early season Rachele to late season Rachele in both years of his career

Chalk and cheese

Has to be endurance / fitness related … not uncommon at 19 yrs of age

Might be one that takes 4 pre seasons to get consistent across a season

The Rozee comparison is extremely valid.

View attachment 1741361
View attachment 1741362
2020 was obviously shortened quarters but even when you factor that in Rachele’s numbers are similar/better.
I feel Nick Daicos has Fxxk’d expectations on all 19 yo

Everyone expects elite talents to be finished products by 19-20

Rachele last 2 seasons pre being drafted was covid times where he played no more than 6 or 7 games a season

Suddenly he’s training all summer then trying to get through 23 games + trial games

Not surprised he’s finding it hard as he’s not a natural endurance type

I feel Nick Daicos has Fxxk’d expectations on all 19 yo

Everyone expects elite talents to be finished products by 19-20

Rachele last 2 seasons pre being drafted was covid times where he played no more than 6 or 7 games a season

Suddenly he’s training all summer then trying to get through 23 games + trial games

Not surprised he’s finding it hard as he’s not a natural endurance type
Zero games in one of those 2 years and zero Nationals.

Big drop off from early season Rachele to late season Rachele in both years of his career

Chalk and cheese

More reason why he should have been managed during the season... rather than waiting for him to be suspended.

Rowe laying in to Nicks on 5AA for choking at selections and midfield setups since Round 9-10. Ginever says he's tightened up with the pressure/prospect of finals.
It's obvious to everyone outside the club, even us cheap seaters.

They're all too close to the action. There needs to be someone within the football department who can sit back with a slightly wider lens, longer term view and can observe what the coaches are doing. Provide them with feedback. Someone who isn't at the coal face.

This should be Adam Kelly but I doubt he's got the pure football nous to provide that perspective.

They're all too close to the action. There needs to be someone within the football department who can sit back with a slightly wider lens, longer term view and can observe what the coaches are doing. Provide them with feedback. Someone who isn't at the coal face.

This should be Adam Kelly but I doubt he's got the pure football nous to provide that perspective.
Hopefully when he grows into it someone like Shane Edwards can take up a more prominent role in that sort of thing

I’m sure he’d have some pretty good feel on it now but maybe not the platform or confidence

Hopefully when he grows into it someone like Shane Edwards can take up a more prominent role in that sort of thing

I’m sure he’d have some pretty good feel on it now but maybe not the platform or confidence
Heard Shedda was at the game on Sunday with Hamish and Reid, FWIW

Reckon he’ll be Haggis’ successor

Kelly gives off the vibe of being a bumbling idiot. He and Roo should be pushed out. Ogilvie simply has too many misses to continue on as well.

What’s telling is the absence of some posters from talking about this result because it was a poor loss and they can’t handle any criticisms of the club…..
Not a happy clapper by any means but from my perspective I'm so p*ssed off about the result I can't be bothered with footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The purpose of the Adelaide Football Club is to wi... celebrate super legend Rory Sloane. Mission accomplished.

I haven’t had the time or the courage to watch the replay yet but my observations watching the game live (and sober);

1) We looked really tired in the last quarter. It appeared like we were running in a rice field.

2) GWS had too much top end class with Kelly, Whitfield Green, Taylor and Coniglio (wasn’t he supposed to be cooked?)

3) Rachele and Rankine were targeted from the get-go by GWS and it worked.

4) The bottom handful of our players are really struggling and it has been mostly the same players over the last month.

Leftfield but....would we be better off putting darcy up for trade with welsh coming through?..you'd think a player like fogarty could be a great bargaining chip to get into a quality mid at another club?

I am coming at this by not wanting to lose any of our good young players but i really really really want to get a few A grade mids in because without them its extremely unlikely this rebuild will yield our next flag.

I like the idea!

Does go to ground a lot though. Needs to have a big pre season imo.

To me he plays like a soccer player. More inclined to try and wrong foot an opponent than put the foot down. Always looking for the fancy step, or tap on, or fend. He just needs to grit the teeth and get fit, and play like an aussie rules player.
I thought the opposite that he keeps his feet more than others due to the soccer factor.

Not a happy clapper by any means but from my perspective I'm so p*ssed off about the result I can't be bothered with footy
Yeah I can't be bothered watching the remainder of the season. That's mainly because I think Nicks won't play anyone outside his inflexible best 24 that he did back in February. I just hope that powaa fall in a heap which I'm pretty sure they will as they have no depth and are copping injuries. Flag is out of Collingwood, Melb and Geelong imo. Predicting a Collingwood v Geelong GF.

Last edited:
We have drafted Pedlar Rachele and Soligo in terms of midfield since then as well. However it takes time to get to the level - o outside of exciting flashes. There many on this board that thought Rozee had plateaued at the start of last season and wasn’t going to be a significant mid - and yet here we ar in his 5 th season and he is a gun

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I've gotta say, I'm really disappointed in Rankine not getting CBA's .....IMO he's a Mid / Fwd

When our FWD entries dry up, one of our best players is frozen out .....to hear Roo in the telecast say Rankine's not really a MID was IMO labelling a player .....who has way more aerobic capacity than Rachelle

Maybe it's centred around the build of the two players ? ......Rachelle is obviously going to be a power athlete , Rankine the slighter of the two ...but the genius in-close

Chalk and cheese

I don't agree with this.

Last year he fell off but this year he's gotten better imo (last week obviously average).

His goal kicking has been very inaccurate, but it's his craft up the ground and around the ball has improved significantly from early in the season.

Early in the year he was rushing his disposals up the ground and blasting away to our forwards without effect. He's clearly been taught because now he often gets it and uses his smarts and agility to hold onto the ball longer and find better options (often shorter). He's also improved at the stoppage/CB imo where he's a lot cleaner and assured in his decision making (looking more natural).

I'm optimistic about this because I wanna see him around the ball more going forward. I'm not so worried about a dip in his goal kicking accuracy, which I can't imagine hanging around given his skill and confidence.

It's taken me till today to calm down .....this was one of the most disappointing efforts I've experienced this year, given it was an 8 point game

But the signs have been there for two weeks now

1. We've gone from a team that was getting plaudits for disposal and dare .....to a team that has lacked all composure & repeatedly just blasted the ball fwd ......particularly coming out of the D50

2. I'll say it again ....we have played with no composure & have panicked under pressure

3. I posted prior to the game, about the threat Kelly posed, if he played as an inside Mid ......gee, our match-ups were bad .....it also demonstrated that Michalanney cannot be the sole go too, for the best small FWD's in the league

4. All our kids performed poorly .....Thilthorpe, Michalanney, Rachelle ....Soligo last week
We play a taxing gamestyle & these kids are not at the stage of consistently performing for 24 weeks

5. Very impressed with Worrell's game .....Butts is still a liability ....and the 4 x highest rated players in the match, were our 4 most experienced ......Smith is just a player these days

I don't agree with this.

Last year he fell off but this year he's gotten better imo (last week obviously average).

His goal kicking has been very inaccurate, but it's his craft up the ground and around the ball has improved significantly from early in the season.

Early in the year he was rushing his disposals up the ground and blasting away to our forwards without effect. He's clearly been taught because now he often gets it and uses his smarts and agility to hold onto the ball longer and find better options (often shorter). He's also improved at the stoppage/CB imo where he's a lot cleaner and assured in his decision making (looking more natural).

I'm optimistic about this because I wanna see him around the ball more going forward. I'm not so worried about a dip in his goal kicking accuracy, which I can't imagine hanging around given his skill and confidence.
Agree some of his football acts have improved

But his running , energy has dropped off like last year

It’s the easier thing to fix as it’s just fitness and maturity in his body , he’s not a natural endurance athlete

Couple more pre seasons … makes you think it’s no surprise we still got a way to go as few in same boat

Agree some of his football acts have improved

But his running , energy has dropped off like last year

It’s the easier thing to fix as it’s just fitness and maturity in his body , he’s not a natural endurance athlete

Couple more pre seasons … makes you think it’s no surprise we still got a way to go as few in same boat
It's concerning 4 years into a rebuild we are still reliant on younger players to not fall away.

It's concerning 4 years into a rebuild we are still reliant on younger players to not fall away.
Is it though ? How long rebuilds normally take ?

I think the answer to your point is more pre seasons but also maybe a couple of extra senior bodies , especially in our weak spot

Tom Sparrow type while we continue to turnover the last 3-6 on our list for higher end talent in draft

Back