• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worse than usual.
Crouch, ROB useless. Crows' poor skills on full show. Made Hawks look like finalists. They're not.

Thanks for the fill in.

I've watched the Crows over 30 years. I've never not enjoyed watching them until now. I can not find anything to get excited about.

Thanks for the fill in.

I've watched the Crows over 30 years. I've never not enjoyed watching them until now. I can not find anything to get excited about.
No worries. I identify with all of that. For me, it's worse than the Shaw era (W-L % is worse too).
Delivery forward is woeful, with too many easy interceptions and rebounds.
I enjoy Dawson's silky skills; enjoy Tex when he's on but he's starting to become a petulant complainer on-field and should've kept his mouth shut when Crouch was dropped.
Nicks is stuffed when it comes to Crouch now; lose-lose, selected or not.
Berry is tough, fast, and will improve. Who else? Jones is poor one on one, easily outmarked but he looked good when roaming in the first quarter (not sure if he was midfield or wing). We have too many scrawny, short triers; player skills have got to be a priority now, all except Dawson.
Thilthorpe's first half was weak; he and McHenry seemed to try harder second half but the game was over.

You missed nothing, well, nothing but aggravation and disappointment.
(Edit afterthought: have you toured the labyrinth of the Chelsea markets? Awesome, especially if you go with a local if you can).

No worries. I identify with all of that. For me, it's worse than the Shaw era (W-L % is worse too).
Delivery forward is woeful, with too many easy interceptions and rebounds.
I enjoy Dawson's silky skills; enjoy Tex when he's on but he's starting to become a petulant complainer on-field and should've kept his mouth shut when Crouch was dropped.
Nicks is stuffed when it comes to Crouch now; lose-lose, selected or not.
Berry is tough, fast, and will improve. Who else? Jones is poor one on one, easily outmarked but he looked good when roaming in the first quarter (not sure if he was midfield or wing). We have too many scrawny, short triers; player skills have got to be a priority now, all except Dawson.
Thilthorpe's first half was weak; he and McHenry seemed to try harder second half but the game was over.

You missed nothing, well, nothing but aggravation and disappointment.
(Edit afterthought: have you toured the labyrinth of the Chelsea markets? Awesome, especially if you go with a local if you can).

Actually no. My fiance is a local and we do a fair bit together. May suggest we take a look. Thanks for that.

Good: Parnell, Hamill, Berry and TT (second half).
Bad: Senior players except Doedee. Hately was given a few CBA's (sorry, but he hasn't got it), ROB how many dropped marks and spoiling of his own teammates (has to go), Smith definitely needs to go too. Unforgiveable errors. Tex not much better (could've had 3 goals early and kicked 1.1 and one ootf) - yet has a got at Berry (even though there was some justification)...
Ugly: lack of any semblance of a game plan - e.g. basics like overlap run from defence to help set-up opportunities up forward, basic skills, Dawson left too long with a hard tag instead of making his opponent accountable, the ease with which they were able to waltz out of the middle on occasions whereas we have to scrub it out on 90% of the time, defence spoiling each other and waiting for others to do the work. No attacking flair to try to open up the game. It was obvious in the first 10 mins of the game as to the result.

Just spent 24hours travelling to New York, I thought i'd get on and watch a replay. Saw the score line and now I can't be bothered.

So, was it a case of same s**t, different game? looks like it.
It wasn't terrible, but similar systemic issues of a no impact midfield and bombing it to their intercept defenders. We probably weren't as good as normal with pressure and structure either (at least in the 1st half), which is what normally makes us competitive.

Hamill and Berry worth a watch. Parnell and TT showed a bit.

My fiance is a local and we do a fair bit together.
When my NY friend Susan said that she was going to take us through the Chelsea Markets after Chinatown/Soho etc, I was not keen but outvoted by 2-1.
As I said, it's awesome; labyrinthine, packed with sounds, smells and colours. Vibrant. Fascinating.

If you go, please let me know your impressions?

Last edited:
Murray actually had a somewhat decent game. He had to be put on Lewis after Butts was having a nightmare, combined with Hawks giving him great service.

Once again though the problem is that they're both lock-down defenders with zero creativity. What is Doedee doing? Is he playing as an interceptor or a lock down role? If he's lock down then we don't need and additional two dour KPF's to go along with him.

Check this out.
Hawthorn V Adelaide Crows
FB - James Blanck, Jack Scrimshaw, Finn Maginness = 599m gained, 50 disposals
HB - Josh Ward, James Sicily, Blake Hardwick = 1753m gained, 95 disposals
Add Changkuoth Jiath to this list because he played as a roaming spare defender/running HB as well.

FB - Tom Doedee, Jordon Butts, Jordan Dawson = 703m gained, 46 disposals
HB - Brodie Smith, Nick Murray, Will Hamill = 1290m gained (*809 from Smith Alone) 65 disposals
Add Parnell to this list ad small defender

These are absolutely insane numbers by Hawks defenders, and I implore you to do a bit a deep dive if you really want to kick your Monday-itis into overdrive.

At the moment we're lacking a lot of creativity and run throughout the park, particularly from our backline, and our forward line is FAR too tall/slow at the moment, and opposition defences are just being told to run it out. The likes of Fog/Thilthorpe and Tex don't have the leg speed or repeated effort capabilities to apply pressure. A massive issue as well is that our smaller players across the park have minimal leg speed too. Rowe and McHenry are good at running around like headless chooks, but neither are actually quick. Throw in poor disposal & clangers and it's a recipe for disaster.

Slow, slow, slow all over the park. Slow moving the ball from the back and transition, slow in applying pressure just about everywhere, slow outside the contest..

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chayce Jones a real worry

Struggled defensively and got hopelessly outpointed a few times both on the ground and in the air. Plus not generating much rebound at all. Even one of his switch kicks across the ground under zero pressure missed Butts (I think) by a mile and Butts had to chase it down and regather.

Struggled defensively and got hopelessly outpointed a few times both on the ground and in the air. Plus not generating much rebound at all. Even one of his switch kicks across the ground under zero pressure missed Butts (I think) by a mile and Butts had to chase it down and regather.
Yep. I have a lot more confidence in Hamill and Hinge than I do Jones, both in regards to defensive work and rebound

We really need to add a high-possession-winning rebounder to our mix. We all saw how much the likes of Hardwick and Jiath carved us up, Jones will never be that type of player. I'd be taking a good look at Mason Redman from the Bombers next year, see if we can get him back to SA

If you were a young player at AFC that didn’t know what position you’d be playing from one quarter to the next, you’d probably play like s**t too.

He was named and likely told he was playing wing for the game. Experiment ended at quarter time.

I’m surprised he didn’t curl up in the goal square and suck his thumb the whole game.

Bad: telling my son who’s 7, that things will turn around and get better.
And we’ll be good soon.
I really don’t like lying to him.

Its worse.

morgan-freeman-hope.gif

Sincere thanks and admiration for doing what you can with the NSW flooding :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: .
Puts everything into perspective.

I couldn't watch the game, either, after about 15 minutes into the first quarter.

Actually, I could, but I didn't want to. Witnessing our shitness today was a new low.
Thanks to my mate for being there and stopping me from throwing the remote through the flat-screen.
Oh let me clarify… I just happened to be there at the time. I was not involved in anything remotely heroic nor was I of any help to anyone but myself and my fellow travellers. Apologies if it appeared to be otherwise. I was looking after my own arse but sure, we would have pitched in if needed.

Jones sucks arse. I can't believe I copped s**t for going early on him. He'd be an average player if taken in the third round, taking him in the top 10 is diabolical. Even his good form as a defender in 2021 wasn't really anything to write home about. It was just good compared to the crap he was dishing up before. Classic Nicks era Crows. Set the bar ultra low so any improvement at all can be considered a win, cue back-patting.

Jones sucks arse. I can't believe I copped s**t for going early on him. He'd be an average player if taken in the third round, taking him in the top 10 is diabolical. Even his good form as a defender in 2021 wasn't really anything to write home about. It was just good compared to the crap he was dishing up before. Classic Nicks era Crows. Set the bar ultra low so any improvement at all can be considered a win, cue back-patting.
You could see right from day one his footy iq just wasn’t there.
Very hard to make it as a player if you don’t know where to run.

Some thought that after he failed as a midfielder/forward he would be a certain AA defender in no time. Crazy talk for someone who has no football IQ and failed in other positions.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It happens when people get desperate for a good news story. They'll clutch at straws.
The club will justify the non-firing of Hamish by trying Jones in every possible position on the ground to find out he can't play. What's next, Ruck?

Back